Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

If the year fizzles out (looking likely on form and with our run home) I just don’t see how the board can justify going into next year without change.

Disappointing because pre bye I was almost around to sticking the course. But last week was ****ing awful and the north game not much better.

Times running out.
I've been an advocate for removing Bevo since the end of 2022. And I'd like to see a new coach for 2025.

But I do like the fact that this year, unlike 22 and 23, we seemed to recognise early on that our line up was unlikely to take us into the top four. And we've seen more game time invested in younger players, more pace in the middle, and an evolving defence and forward line. When it's worked it's worked well... Fremantle, Sydney.

To respond to your post, Bevo and the board may point to these types of changes as a sign of progression, to justify leaving him there another year. As much as I want another coach to take this team into the top four for a few years, and turn over a few players lacking competitiveness and grit, I'm not sure I can see it happening this year unfortunately.

Given the heading includes the board I am shining the light on our silent president. I think her name is Kylie Worldwide Web or it could be Wheeler Watson or Watson Wheeler who would know you never hear from her. Yes, she was a dogs supporter growing up but I think she has taken on the role for corporate image. Give me a passionate president like Peter Gordon any day.

Last edited:
Im hearing Gia is at the front of the line for replacement head coach if that happens i'll actually spew
We'll have to take a chance on an untried candidate at some point, like we did with Bevo in 2014. Most premiership coaches are in their first senior role. Not that many win flags at their second club.

We'll have to take a chance on an untried candidate at some point, like we did with Bevo in 2014. Most premiership coaches are in their first senior role. Not that many win flags at their second club.

Yeah, I think any club looking at a new coach needs to look at history - particularly recent. Who was the last premiership coach who was at their second (or third) club? Malthouse in 2010? Matthews before that?

It’s not common. Coaches don’t win flags at second clubs generally, and they also don’t often win flags after a decade in charge at a club. Scott bucked that trend in 2022 but you’d go back a while to find the one before that I think. Bevo would need to beat the odds to win another cup either way.

Interestingly, if Sydney or Carlton win the flag then one of those “rules” will be broken this year. Maybe a good reason to stick a few bucks on Freo or Brisbane……

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things change mate as someone else said can only pass on the info I’m told at the time and I was told he was gone

I also mentioned we’d upped our offer to keep him I just didn’t think he’d sta

Only one way which he said he was goneski
There’s still hope for Baz

Im hearing Gia is at the front of the line for replacement head coach if that happens i'll actually spew
Heard a few months ago he was very keen if it came up.

Personally would prefer a coach who's recently coached at a successful club. Don't think Gia has been anywhere but bombers. However doesn't at all mean he wouldn't be successful. He'd have learnt plenty about what not to do.

Things change mate as someone else said can only pass on the info I’m told at the time and I was told he was gone

I also mentioned we’d upped our offer to keep him I just didn’t think he’d stay
Don’t listen to them Sammy….just tell us again the Baz is gone 😜

Something has to give, but I think we need an entire clean out.

KWW, gone. Grant, gone. Bains, gone. Bevo, gone.

Absolutely rotten top to bottom.

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back