Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

We pushed Sydney with three men down and now we beat 2nd placed Carlton. Without Naughton, Jones, JOD, JJ, Treloar and B.Smith. Our bottom 6 are the worst in the league and we only have 1 elite player in Bont. Clearly we're not a top 4 team.

Last edited:
We pushed Sydney with three men down and now we beat 2nd placed Carlton. Without Naughton, Jones, JOD, JJ, Treloar and B.Smith. Our bottom 6 are the worst in the league and we only have 1 elite player in Bont. Clearly we're not a top 4 team.
No we are not. But we are a Good developing team that is in inconsistent with too many of the better players not having played 75 games as yet.

Keep the list together, and keep developing the next level which in case it has been missed we finally have been doing this season

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a shame the joy of the win this week will be spoilt when we sack Bevo on Monday
Keep your support of Bev. Others may have different opinions but that is all they are, opinions.

We do still need more support particularly a more seasoned forward coach. This is an additional coach not replacing our current forward coach who is a development coach

Our bottom 6 outplayed Carlton’s bottom by some margin.

Would Boyd, Marchbank, Cowan, Fogarty, Hollands etc make our best 22?

Our bottom 6 outplayed Carlton’s bottom by some margin.

Would Boyd, Marchbank, Cowan, Fogarty, Hollands etc make our best 22?
We are probably the antithesis of Carlton supporters.

They talk these guys up like there is no tomorrow, for example, have constantly heard how Fogarty changes their forward structure (and they bring up some random stat like his tackle count inside 50 to justify it).

Meanwhile we are more critical of our bottom 6 players than other any other supporter base. Not that I blame us. We know some of them have talent but just do some infuriating things. McNeils final quarter summed that point up.

No they wouldn't. I was making a point to those that think Bevo is a great coach with an average list.
It is a developing list with many better players yet to play 75 plus games mininimum to assist with consistency. That is a question of fact.

JUH and West 2 of the better players have played less than 60 games. Darcy less than 30

Too many here confuse potential with where players really are.

This group potentially is a top 4 list. However it is not there yet, maybe next year maybe the year after.

But in 6 of our last 8 games including the 2 you have mentioned we are showing signs that the consistency required for a genuine crack is not far away

This cruel gaslighting must stop. For the mental health of our supporters Bevo must go. This a toxic psychotic pattern of abuse. We are trapped. He repeatedly raises our hopes and just as we begin to believe - Bang - he dashes them. Then just as all hope is lost - he conjures these back against the wall rearguard miracles. It's abuse - pure and simple. There is no dismissing it as random. We are all pathetic victims of abusive partner. He buys us some flowers and we forgive him. I'm disgusted at myself.

This cruel gaslighting must stop. For the mental health of our supporters Bevo must go. This a toxic psychotic pattern of abuse. We are trapped. He repeatedly raises our hopes and just as we begin to believe - Bang - he dashes them. Then just as all hope is lost - he conjures these back against the wall rearguard miracles. It's abuse - pure and simple. There is no dismissing it as random. We are all pathetic victims of abusive partner. He buys us some flowers and we forgive him. I'm disgusted at myself.
Yeah, the cycle of violence isn't actually a bad way to describe current life as a Bulldogs supporter.

Last week we were trapped between tension building and acute explosion. This week we're moving towards the honeymoon period.

No stability in this relationship between us supporters and the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, the cycle of violence isn't actually a bad way to describe current life as a Bulldogs supporter.

Last week we were trapped between tension building and acute explosion. This week we're moving towards the honeymoon period.

No stability in this relationship between us supporters and the team.
To be fair, I don't think it's current life as a Dogs fan, it's just life.

Certainly in the Wallace and Eade eras, exasperating losses and exhilarating, unexpected wins were regular events in the cycle.

Has it ever been different (expect when we were just plain bad)?

To be fair, I don't think it's current life as a Dogs fan, it's just life.

Certainly in the Wallace and Eade eras, exasperating losses and exhilarating, unexpected wins were regular events in the cycle.

Has it ever been different (expect when we were just plain bad)?

I guess the difference in those is we had string of prelims within the top four, we had a consistent tilt.

But Bevo does have the grand final appearances and flag. Even though its a much more bigger inconsistency.

I guess the difference in those is we had string of prelims within the top four, we had a consistent tilt.

But Bevo does have the grand final appearances and flag. Even though its a much more bigger inconsistency.
Different types of negative emotions.

This current period is the worst because almost every emotion is experienced.

I never felt disappointed or betrayed under Wallace or Eade. The PF losses in those eras were pure anger.

This is the first time in my life I actually feel betrayed as a supporter.

No we are not. But we are a Good developing team that is in inconsistent with too many of the better players not having played 75 games as yet.

Keep the list together, and keep developing the next level which in case it has been missed we finally have been doing this season

And as someone mentioned earlier (maybe in another thread) as you build a team they have to develop their own chemistry that is consistent from week to week. We haven’t been able to do that yet with blooding new players and injuries. But it will happen, I’m sure 🙂

I’ve been saying this all season….you have to open one eye to see the youth that’s been squeezed into this team and getting experience quickly. Somehow, right under our noses, Bevo and the team have transitioned Freijah, Gags and Sanders into this side. None are flashy yet, just role players. This team has green shoots all over the place. Look out next year and the one after that

That win was akin to the Swans game in 2015

I’ve been saying this all season….you have to open one eye to see the youth that’s been squeezed into this team and getting experience quickly. Somehow, right under our noses, Bevo and the team have transitioned Freijah, Gags and Sanders into this side. None are flashy yet, just role players. This team has green shoots all over the place. Look out next year and the one after that

That win was akin to the Swans game in 2015
Yes had the same feeling as the 2015 win . Think we were more consistent then tho? Or maybe the vibe was good because we were so much better than 2014

Anyone notice Marchbank yesterday? Has only played 65 games, and was probably Carlton’s bottom player. GWS drafted him with the pick we gave up for Tom Boyd along with Griffen all those years ago. We all thought we overpaid, but in hindsight we didn’t.

Anyone notice Marchbank yesterday? Has only played 65 games, and was probably Carlton’s bottom player. GWS drafted him with the pick we gave up for Tom Boyd along with Griffen all those years ago. We all thought we overpaid, but in hindsight we didn’t.

The Carlton BF board agrees with you!
(They're actually a reasonable bunch collectively on BF IMO, and I don't usually stalk other team's boards, just wanted to see the comments of someone I know.)

The Carlton BF board agrees with you!
(They're actually a reasonable bunch collectively on BF IMO, and I don't usually stalk other team's boards, just wanted to see the comments of someone I know.)
They are the same as the Melbourne fans. When they are losing they all suddenly become analytical types and super critical of each individual in the team but when they are winning, no list in the comp is better.

what the ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back