Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

They are the same as the Melbourne fans. When they are losing they all suddenly become analytical types and super critical of each individual in the team but when they are winning, no list in the comp is better.

I've had some good exchanges with Blues posters, both on their board and non footy boards. (Surprisingly with a few Dees supporters on non footy boards too, but I avoid their board at all costs.)

Every club except maybe the swans have been up and down this year. The AFL's goal is to have an even competition where a club can beat any club on any given day.
Swans lost to Richmond and Saints.

We've only had 2 bad games of our last 9 (Brisbane and Port).

Beat Sydney at the SCG in a fortnight would have the comp nervous

Bevo has reinvented the list. Multiple new players and removal of old favourites to play a different brand. He also did this despite being questioned by the media and its proven to be correct (Daniel out Macrae new role).

We have a list on the up with the best forward line in the comp potentially for years on paper. We need one more bonafide young mid coming through but we are set and this year of footy into Sanders, Darcy, Gags, Garcia, West and Frejiah playing key roles will launch us into the future.

Bevo has had a good year it's a fact

Anyone notice Marchbank yesterday? Has only played 65 games, and was probably Carlton’s bottom player. GWS drafted him with the pick we gave up for Tom Boyd along with Griffen all those years ago. We all thought we overpaid, but in hindsight we didn’t.

I think the moment Tom Boyd kicked that goal (you know the one) is the moment we all knew, without a doubt, that we did not overpay for Boyd. The rest is inconsequential.

I think the moment Tom Boyd kicked that goal (you know the one) is the moment we all knew, without a doubt, that we did not overpay for Boyd. The rest is inconsequential.
I guess the point I am trying g to make is,we thought we overpaid,but hindsight showed we didn’t. It is too soon to say we overpaid for Sanders.

And yet we sit outside the 8 with an awful run home, having lost games we should have won (Port, Hawks)

And no chance of top 4 really, either.
Hawks have only lost to Geelong in the last 8 games, and Port really turned it on when their coach was under siege by the media.

And yet we sit outside the 8 with an awful run home, having lost games we should have won (Port, Hawks)

And no chance of top 4 really, either.
Our draw is the hardest for the year. Look at our double up games it's ridiculous. But it's taken time for the new players to get up to speed and I'm expecting a big 25 or he's done

Anyone notice Marchbank yesterday? Has only played 65 games, and was probably Carlton’s bottom player. GWS drafted him with the pick we gave up for Tom Boyd along with Griffen all those years ago. We all thought we overpaid, but in hindsight we didn’t.
We were very set on 2M Peter with that pick if we had kept it

We picked up 3 premiership players (albeit one was F/S) and 2 AA’s (although Caleb sits in both categories) in the 2014 draft + Tom Boyd. For such a crappy draft we did ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have only lost to Geelong in the last 8 games, and Port really turned it on when their coach was under siege by the media.
And we didn't really turn up at all. That game was a head scratcher. There was just a lack of intent across the park. Nek week, last week against the blues, you couldn't ask for more intent across the park. The bones are clearly there. The top 2 inches seems like one of the last pieces to the puzzle.

If we can make it, we can win it. I wouldn't have thought that 2 months ago.

And we didn't really turn up at all. That game was a head scratcher. There was just a lack of intent across the park. Nek week, last week against the blues, you couldn't ask for more intent across the park. The bones are clearly there. The top 2 inches seems like one of the last pieces to the puzzle.

If we can make it, we can win it. I wouldn't have thought that 2 months ago.

It's a head scratcher. Some games the intent just isn't there. When the opposition waltz through our tackle attempts is when you normally know the team is struggling.

I worked with Peter's Dad, Bevo and Gordon had been to Peter's house and told him outright that the were taking him at pick 6 and their sources said he would be available at the pick. It was done, until the Griffen/Boyd bombshell

It’s not a high bar
Very true. And such a shame. There's a place for quality sports journalism. Martin Flanagan used to write quality stuff on footy. There are one or two good AFL writers on the ABC payroll too and I sometimes post their articles here but they have been forced to the fringes. It seems there's not a big market for quality AFL journalism.

The AFL has made this bed with their mercenary approach and now must lie in it. I suspect they do sleep well at night. I don't think they are the slightest bit concerned.

We haven't really spoken about how our team fit this year.

The new fitness staff have done a great job preparing us for the late run.

Generally, this time of year we would have massive fitness drop offs and get counter-attacked non stop.

Another big thing is that we have 6 players that kicked 20+ goals this year.

Amazing work by Lade and Spangher on their game plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back