Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

So those that want Bevo gone, who do you propose as our next coach?

Not saying I want him gone (not saying I want him to stay) but you will never know who can be your next coach unless you look for one and go through the process.

Same as when Bevo came unless we looked we never would have found him.

I've never campaigned for him to leave or get the sack here or elsewhere or even in person. I think he's a coach that got the elusive flag and he's been riding the credit off of it - almost repeated the magic again in 2021. He could have done better than what he has achieved. If his run has ended with us this year or next, I'd like the club to at least have a chat with Nathan Buckley.

Fresh voice/insight, got the pies to the 2018 final and pieced bits and pieces of what they were prior to last year. He seems to have a burning desire to return to coaching sooner or later based on some of the stuff he's said over the last 12 months on SEN and he was probably one of the few media personalities that didn't kick the shit out of us when we were looking extremely terrible earier in the year. He actually said we'd turn it around quite quickly...

I can second this! Very good mail given first thing this morning. Time will tell I guess.

I can third this! Was told first thing this morning. Time will tell I guess.

EFA.

f2e55b6b169a5861eb59f913c51962cb.jpg

Do you give the full 10 years to see if a coach can do it 3 times? Or cut it early? When?

By the same logic, it's 5.5% for a premiership and 11% for top 2 - both of which we're ahead in.
So we're behind on top 6, but a head in top 1 and 2.

It's just all so arbitrary.
So you're happy with his tenure? Losing an elimination final to a younger more inexperienced side this yr after losing to the wooden spoon Eagles and costing us a finals spot last yr?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Bevo coaches out next year.
Big Ash Hanson fan personally, but there's always a dark horse who may actually be excellent.

I expect Bevo coaches out next year.
Big Ash Hanson fan personally, but there's always a dark horse who may actually be excellent.
I don’t recall anyone here having big wraps for Hansen while he was our forward coach. Quite the opposite.

No mail on Bevo.
This is from what I’ve been told.
alot of staff in the football department are incredibly upset about the end of the season, as are the players.

Bont Is pushing for some change.

We’re looking to bring in one more coach. No mail on any coaching changes. But we are looking around for another coach to bring in, not sure if that means one is going out. Fairly certain Lade is out of contract, as is Spanga.

No mail on Bevo.
This is from what I’ve been told.
alot of staff in the football department are incredibly upset about the end of the season, as are the players.

Bont Is pushing for some change.

We’re looking to bring in one more coach. No mail on any coaching changes. But we are looking around for another coach to bring in, not sure if that means one is going out. Fairly certain Lade is out of contract, as is Spanga.
What specifically are they upset about? The player effort/selection/coaching moves? Or just generally about the result?

What specifically are they upset about? The player effort/selection/coaching moves? Or just generally about the result?
Selection.
Effort.
Game style.
Coaching moves.

This loss is setting a fire.

I really really hope the board doesn’t cave and give Bevo a contract, the West Coast offers as far as I’ve heard, are real.

Selection.
Effort.
Game style.
Coaching moves.

This loss is setting a fire.

I really really hope the board doesn’t cave and give Bevo a contract, the West Coast offers as far as I’ve heard, are real.
Hard to argue with any of that. So much went wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back