Future of the Sydney Swans Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

With Hall likely out injured this week, I think this provides Roos with a real chance to test out our future forward line (minus Vesz). If MOD (not sure on his form) were to come into the team, and then Johnston coming in next year, I think this is what we'll be seeing post ROK's retirement in a couple of years:

HF: Grundy White Veszpremi
FF: Moore Johnston MOD

So I think despite an 'ageing' team, our forward line, minus Hall and MOL, is actually incredibly young.

Thoughts? Who would you have as our 'future' forward line, and despite ROK not likely to miss many this year, do you think there's a chance we could see these six lining up at some point this year?

Very sensible bedford.

Nevertheless, next time I post a thread I will not only state the obvious, but state it numerous times.

I'm talking within our current crop of players. Of course MOD and Meredith could turn into duds, and we could trade in Yarran and Jack Riewoldt and they become absolute guns for us.

I'm talking within our current crop of players. Of course MOD and Meredith could turn into duds, and we could trade in Yarran and Jack Riewoldt and they become absolute guns for us.
:eek:

Far out how cold is ittt

Meredith could break his leg next year and never play again. All I'm saying is, don't worry about anything like that, and assume no trades are made (which fortunately with the Swans is hardly ever the case :p). All I'm saying is, of our current stocks U25, who would make up our best forward line.

playtfair :eek:

sure he's the not the most talented player, or hard working.... or has any attribute that even places him among the AFL mediocre

but he's good enough, and young enough to still be a member of the swans line-up in 5-6 years time

also your forward line.... is one small forward too many

Is three too many?

I always thought our forward line generally consisted of ROK, Davis, Schneider, Hall, O'Loughlin, Buchanon, or something like that, and isn't that three smalls three talls?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meredith could break his leg next year and never play again. All I'm saying is, don't worry about anything like that, and assume no trades are made (which fortunately with the Swans is hardly ever the case :p). All I'm saying is, of our current stocks U25, who would make up our best forward line.

NO DON'T EVER SAY THAT.

Roosy sure loves his trades.

HF: Grundy (might play back if Bolton/Richards/LRT have gone) White (woudnt mind him there and Currie in the ruck) Veszpremi (midfielder)
FF: Moore (midfielder) Johnston MOD (?)

Because Crusher has had an injury interrupted start to the year many seem to have forgotten about him. Dan played his junior footy as a key forward, and anybody who has watched the magoos go round will know that he is good on the lead and a long and accurate shot on goal. I can see Crusher and Mocca alternating between relieving the Doctor in the ruck and resting up forward. Either of the two could eventually develop as a ruck or a key forward, but both have the talent to go either way.

Currie was struggling a tad with the workload in the ressies match from what I saw (it was 4th quarter against a very, very dominant ruckman though). Maybe he'll get stints alternating with White.

Because Crusher has had an injury interrupted start to the year many seem to have forgotten about him. Dan played his junior footy as a key forward, and anybody who has watched the magoos go round will know that he is good on the lead and a long and accurate shot on goal. I can see Crusher and Mocca alternating between relieving the Doctor in the ruck and resting up forward. Either of the two could eventually develop as a ruck or a key forward, but both have the talent to go either way.
Shot at Goal please

HF: O'Keefe, Johnston, Moore,
F: Grundy, White, MOD

Grundy to be a utility, in the Hunter mould (minus the general ********ery). I've named him forward just cos. :)

Johnston to hold down CHF, White to be a big bustling FF, Moore to continue his work across half forward (I think his defensive pressure and ability to break tackles and create just outside 50 have been huge pluses since coming into the side, and I think we have other players who will be better suited to midfield roles than him), and MOD to be a forward who plays stints in the midfield. O'Keefe to continue his role, though perhaps stick a little closer to goal as he ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Future of the Sydney Swans Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back