Fyfe on Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct, but subbed is subbed. None of us know how much the Fyfe hit was a contributing factor, I'm just tossing it up there as something that might get weighed into it.
Duryea copped a stinger on the shoulder in the 3rd quarter. Far, far more likely that that was the reason he was subbed out and nothing to do with the Fyfe hit.

The mail is Fyfe will cop a fine but still be eligible for the Brownlow, which would a sensible outcome for all concerned.

There's been a lot of promise to revise the system but we still sit here every Monday morning not knowing what punishments will be handed out. No one wants to see Fyfe suspended but we can't have Lewis and Tippett miss several weeks for similar acts and give Fyfe a fine.

The whole system is graded to around how it affects the player. And then when it doesn't they throw in the intention to inflict injury.

Everyone knows this is a 2 weeks down to 1. Let's see how they spin it.

Go back to the tribunal system I say. Put cameras in there, more publicity/audience for the AFL. It's a no-brainer.

I mean imagine if we have a Judge Judy type running things or a Warrick Capper making all the calls.
Players would fear going to the tribunal. It'd be the funniest thing on TV all week.

The Yeo incident earlier in the year was much softer than this one and Yeo got 2 weeks down to one for early plea.... I don't think either should get weeks but based on previous decisions, who knows what the MRP will pull out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe on Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back