Fyfe out of IRS

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like Australian cricketers playing French cricket just so they can play at international level.

I'm hoping to go along but it's not like they are playing AFL.

I feel like it's more akin to basketballers taking on netballers in a game of slamball or squash players taking on tennis players in a game of table tennis. Enough elements of their chosen sports there to have some success but mostly looking like they have nfi what's going on. Either way with a big crowd including lots of drunken Irish fans (sorry to stereotype but it's true) and an actual team of stars I can think of worse ways to spend $35 to enjoy a night after a long sports drought.

It's like Australian cricketers playing French cricket just so they can play at international level.

I'm hoping to go along but it's not like they are playing AFL.

It's not because Aussie cricketers can represent Australia already.

Would you play French Cricket for your country if you could? Dammmmmmn straight I would....for the tracksuit alone.

I just wish I'd got on the Handball wagon faster and represented Australia.

It's not because Aussie cricketers can represent Australia already.

Would you play French Cricket for your country if you could? Dammmmmmn straight I would....for the tracksuit alone.

I just wish I'd got on the Handball wagon faster and represented Australia.
Sorry, I don't think I made what I meant very clear.
It was that this game is invented so that AFL players have a chance to play internationally.

Glad he's not playing. I hate seeing the players doing this sort of stuff and getting injured which affects freo's ability to get their best team on the park.

Scrap the international game I reckon, I won't be watching it

Is anyone a little excited about IRS. I reckon its gonna be good fun. I hope he does get up. Is it appropriate to wear Freo stuff to the game? When ever I wear Freo stuff and Eagles people are around I always end up having verbal disagreements. I told an 8 year old to **** off last derby.

Is anyone a little excited about IRS. I reckon its gonna be good fun. I hope he does get up. Is it appropriate to wear Freo stuff to the game? When ever I wear Freo stuff and Eagles people are around I always end up having verbal disagreements. I told an 8 year old to **** off last derby.

Really? May pay to not go to derbies if you get riled up by an eight year old.

And if every time that you wear Freo gear, you get into a stoush with Eagles fans, safe to say you should just wear a normal shirt! Might make the game more enjoyable for you and everyone around you.

As for Fyfe out, he did actually injure it in the practice game, some people are saying it is just a ruse and they never intended him to play but I think that that's a load of nonsense.

Do they tackle in international rules? Can't say I have ever bothered to watch it.

Do you guys reckon Fyfe will play?? I wouldn't want him to, and I wish Nic pulled up "sore". Thing is, if Hackdorn can be trusted (which I wouldn't) then what would the AFL have to say about Fyfe wanting to play, but Freo not letting him? They were obviously pissed in 2013 when you guys rested everyone and got belted by the saints, and if you are going to keep him out of this ridiculous hybrid game that the AFL are trying so hard to push, I can't see them being very happy about it, can they do anything??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? May pay to not go to derbies if you get riled up by an eight year old.

And if every time that you wear Freo gear, you get into a stoush with Eagles fans, safe to say you should just wear a normal shirt! Might make the game more enjoyable for you and everyone around you.

As for Fyfe out, he did actually injure it in the practice game, some people are saying it is just a ruse and they never intended him to play but I think that that's a load of nonsense.

Do they tackle in international rules? Can't say I have ever bothered to watch it.

I think in previous years you could "tackle" but couldn't bring the player to ground, so was more like just pushing and harrassing type stuff. I think this time you can fully tackle, and the Irish are now saying we have an advantage cause we are bigger and stronger.

Do you guys reckon Fyfe will play?? I wouldn't want him to, and I wish Nic pulled up "sore". Thing is, if Hackdorn can be trusted (which I wouldn't) then what would the AFL have to say about Fyfe wanting to play, but Freo not letting him? They were obviously pissed in 2013 when you guys rested everyone and got belted by the saints, and if you are going to keep him out of this ridiculous hybrid game that the AFL are trying so hard to push, I can't see them being very happy about it, can they do anything??

Well they've already released the fixture so they won't be able to screw us over with their usual payback method... until the finals anyway, when they can send us to Tassie to play the Hawks. Hopefully they'll be over it by then.

I wonder what the parameters are from the AFL to a club that gets a star player injured in the IRS series? Surely the AFL must then cover the costs because all clubs would prefer their players don't play in anything but the premiership season.

Well they've already released the fixture so they won't be able to screw us over with their usual payback method... until the finals anyway, when they can send us to Tassie to play the Hawks. Hopefully they'll be over it by then.

Yeah that could work, but that would be done on the sly, like how they tried to justify the Skilled stadium thing in 2013. I wonder though if this Fyfe wanting to play, club not letting him, would maybe get a more public response from the AFL. It may well be a load of shit though, with no truth to any of it.

God dam all this coddling of players. Ummm these guys actually like playing footy (and probably having a go at IR). NBA players are worth more than whole afl teams and they do allstar weekend and play 4 times a week sometimes.

God dam all this coddling of players. Ummm these guys actually like playing footy (and probably having a go at IR). NBA players are worth more than whole afl teams and they do allstar weekend and play 4 times a week sometimes.

And table tennis players could play 10 times a week if they wanted. What's your point?

AFL Pre-Seasons are extremely demanding and important. We need players fresh, injury free and completing them.

Maybe just a hat, not the big blow up finger.

I think in previous years you could "tackle" but couldn't bring the player to ground, so was more like just pushing and harrassing type stuff. I think this time you can fully tackle, and the Irish are now saying we have an advantage cause we are bigger and stronger.
the Irish always complain that we're bigger, professional etc and then they come out and thump us. They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for years. I can't recall us ever using an oval ball. Rugby was amateur for centuries and those guys didn't look like shrinking violets. It's ether mixed rules or not. Not mixed rules the Irish are happy with so it takes our most effective skills out of the game. I don't know why I'm getting worked up because I don't agree with the concept. Once the game starts, want us to win and if Fyfe wants to play, bring it on.

I doubt you'd be quite as keen if Fyfe did his shoulder during that game for real and needed to be out for 12 full weeks. Too big a risk.

I doubt you'd be quite as keen if Fyfe did his shoulder during that game for real and needed to be out for 12 full weeks. Too big a risk.
I tend to think he should play. An injury can be done at training, in a hotel room, 5 mins into the first game of the season. We should be proud that we have players capable of representing our country. It's a bit like earning lots of money and complaining you pay too much tax. I don't particularly like the concept, but one reason for SOO demise in the 90's was clubs (WC and Makthouse in particular) not allowing Carey/Hird to play making the comps meaningless. Weather this is meaningless is another debate, but if Fyfe wants to put on a show, let him. He's a champion of the Comp now, our boy is growing up. Every time a Irishman cries through Fyfes efforts we need to yell out, 'those tears aren't free anymore Paddy, your government wants its share'

wow you're pretty badass dude.

And table tennis players could play 10 times a week if they wanted. What's your point?

AFL Pre-Seasons are extremely demanding and important. We need players fresh, injury free and completing them.

You want that....the players in the team want to play IR and represent their country and it's endorsed by the Governing Body....so really game over.

What the haters want is irrelevant, his point is spot on.

The only way this dies is if the fans reject it or the players dont want it. This series is looking like neither of those is likely soon.

No of course we wouldnt. However I dont want him choking on a apple either, perhaps we should ban fruit?

Fyfe's a big boy and the medicos are not going to allow him to take any risk, if he can play he will and if he cant he wont.

Random acts of God we will just have to hope do not occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe out of IRS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back