News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the full interaction, at a press conference, which they included in the article:

....we've spoken about no new stadiums.

🤣🤣 I've spoken about winning the lotto, becoming ceo of the Lions, going on a diet, running a pb half marathon. Speaking about something is not at all related to the end action.

Love it.

Last edited:
I don't have the same confidence some posters have in the LNP changing their mind and okay a new stadium after the election.
That depends a bit on whether he sticks by his recent comment that "no new stadium to be considered" will be included in the terms of reference.
I still can't confirm that comment that i heard though. Hopefully he did not say that, or a new stadium is stuffed.

On the private consortium. Was that what Swan and cricket put to them recently.
It believe it was a mix of private and government.
Either way if private is involved i don't think i will like the price of season membership.
Don't know.about confidence. Just know that if Miles re-elected it'll be QSAC which is the worst possible scenario. Anything from there is an improvement.

Don't know.about confidence. Just know that if Miles re-elected it'll be QSAC which is the worst possible scenario. Anything from there is an improvement.
No necessarily if you are a Lions executive, or Lions season member.

A rebuild means 6 years with no home ground to play on.

A refurbished Gabba will have large chunks of the Gabba not used for long periods of time.
Remember the AFL will require x number of seats? put aside for opposition supporters.
Also, when the BCG members stand comes down, those members will be offered seats for sure
Season members may struggle to get seats and of course the capacity reduced.
Will be hard to fit 3 game members & other fans inside.

Victoria Park (huge preference) & QSAC (crap venue): Everything will be fine for the Lions and Cricket up until the Olympics.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back