Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't like it don't read it. This is a forum where you post DH

Ok, but since you are posting in an authoritative manner perhaps you can back it up with your source (or at least allude to your source) and then perhaps give some sort of undertaking that you will vanish for, say, 12 months if your statement of fact issued in such authoritative manner is shown to be a pile of shyte?

I think that's really all Obeanie is saying. People posting with great authority what they heard from a little voice in their head gets tiresome :)

Cracked the shits at a Collingwood buddy of mine last night after he said something to the effect "If Gaff didn't have a brain explosion....". For some reason it really irritates me when people imply he deliberately broke Brayshaws jaw.

I will be gutted if he leaves. He's one of us dammit!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cracked the shits at a Collingwood buddy of mine last night after he said something to the effect "If Gaff didn't have a brain explosion....". For some reason it really irritates me when people imply he deliberately broke Brayshaws jaw.

De ja vu?

TBF, it was a brain explosion.

Ok, but since you are posting in an authoritative manner perhaps you can back it up with your source (or at least allude to your source) and then perhaps give some sort of undertaking that you will vanish for, say, 12 months if your statement of fact issued in such authoritative manner is shown to be a pile of shyte?

I think that's really all Obeanie is saying. People posting with great authority what they heard from a little voice in their head gets tiresome :)

Pretty much!:thumbsu:

Its getting quite tiresome hoping to read something that indicates one way or the other what Gaff is doing.

Just roll the eyes at nuff nuffs who post statements such as that. Like why bother?

No reasons why Gaff will only sign for two years. Where the info comes from in a cryptic way so as not to burn a source. Nothing.

Anyway we move on!!

A 2 year deal for gaff isn't the craziest thing given his circumstances to be honest.

It gives him 2 more crack at a flag while the team is clearly in a premiership window, and will allow him to assess personal circumstances in two years time before he signs his final contract.

Also heard his dad only got released from hospital yesterday, would make sense why he has probably delayed his decision until after the season regardless

Gaff already did the 2 year thing before to get himself to free agency. There were talks about him leaving back then. I doubt he would sign another 2 years when his value is the highest its ever going to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take this for what it's worth, my next door neighbour is mates with Gaffs uncle, i have met Gaffs uncle briefly, although at the time i didn't know it was Gaffs uncle, and even if i did i wouldn't ask him questions about Andrew.

He was very close to staying with us according to what my neighbour told me about a month ago, but with his fathers recent surgery, he is now unsure where he wants to be either Perth or Melbourne. I hope he stays , but get it if he wants to come back to be with family.

Travis King‏Verified account @TravisKing 6m6 minutes ago
"This week there's just too much going on. But once the season finishes, I'll definitely be making my decision pretty quickly." - Andrew Gaff. Been back in Perth for a month. Doesn’t sound like someone staying to me.

He is gone i hate to say it. He knows his answer but is not wanting the week to be all about him.

Yes, after reading latest article, you wonder what he's waiting for - a grand final result?
Or just not wanting to distract from the Eagles GF push? Fair enough..
But you'd seriously think he would already know the outcome, would've thought it through many times by now?
If he goes, you wonder how he could play in that blue+white striped jumper, even for money? (sorry Roos)
when clearly WCE will be a strong club over next few years?
But other mids are pushing up, life goes on...

Yes, after reading latest article, you wonder what he's waiting for - a grand final result?
Or just not wanting to distract from the Eagles GF push? Fair enough..
But you'd seriously think he would already know the outcome, would've thought it through many times by now?
If he goes, you wonder how he could play in that blue+white striped jumper, even for money? (sorry Roos)
when clearly WCE will be a strong club over next few years?
But other mids are pushing up, life goes on...
I'm sure the likes of Simmo, Drew and Prattie have let Andrew know what a wonderful experience it is to play in the Royal Blue and White.

Holding out hope but it does seem like he is gone. If this finals series has taught us anything it’s that anyone is replaceable provided your team has/plays with the right spirit.

As big a loss as he will be, life will go on and we have a bunch of kids coming through who I know would be eager to step up and lean in to a spot on the wing.

No free agent has ever left their decision until this late in the season and stayed at their existing club.

Gaff is gone and despite what he is saying would have made up his mind a long time ago, i kind of wish he had announced his intentions when got suspended.

Look for him to announce a trade within a week of the grand final. The article will have the following lines

"Tough decision"
"I have only just made up my mind"
"Was still 50/50 until the weekend"
"Its about family, not money"
"The choice was still up in the air until yesterday"

Etc, etc

Travis King‏Verified account @TravisKing 6m6 minutes ago
"This week there's just too much going on. But once the season finishes, I'll definitely be making my decision pretty quickly." - Andrew Gaff. Been back in Perth for a month. Doesn’t sound like someone staying to me.

He is gone i hate to say it. He knows his answer but is not wanting the week to be all about him.

Yeah he is gone.

I was pretty sure of it when he did that interview where he said "He hoped to say with WC." I always thought that was a strange turn of phrase. Like somehow it was someone else's decision and he would just have to go along with it. There is only one person who will decide and that is Andrew himself. If he wanted to turn his 'hopes' into a reality all he has to do is sign and boom case closed.

Yeah he is gone.

I was pretty sure of it when he did that interview where he said "He hoped to say with WC." I always thought that was a strange turn of phrase. Like somehow it was someone else's decision and he would just have to go along with it. There is only one person who will decide and that is Andrew himself. If he wanted to turn his 'hopes' into a reality all he has to do is sign and boom case closed.

I agree, however if we win Saturday then he can go. As much as I love the guy, he can go.

Unless you want that experience to include premierships.

Simmo has two he won at North.

I'm hoping he can get one as a coach for you guys too.

Don't believe this myth that Victorians will all be supporting Collingwood. I'll be going for you blokes, and would go for you against any other Vic team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back