Gaff you dirty dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

The point is, he didn't intend to punch him in the mouth

The outcome is uncharged and he is being punished for it
So someone who intends to kill someone but airswings should go away for longer than someone who means to punch in the chest but kills someone?

If that is your point, you might consider a rethink

Wut? They probably would have jogged on to the next block if it hit him in the body, AFL players whack each other in the chest and shoulders all the time

The AFL should send a clear message to crack down on this action
They throw jabs all the time. Not many get thrown like this.

You are saying punish the action. I'm saying that imagine if Brayshaw managed to avoid it totally, should Gaff still be copping this?

So someone who intends to kill someone but airswings should go away for longer than someone who means to punch in the chest but kills someone?

If that is your point, you might consider a rethink

That was not my point

The outcome doesn't change, he got hit in the head

Gaff however, did not to intend to punch him in the head... not a King Hit like the Fyfe hit

The AFL really needs to crack down on the act after this, not focus on the outcome

Did I hear you say KoolAid. Repeatedly.

How ironic.

Universal principle of Western Law.

Let me demonstrate.

Drunk gets in a car, gets pulled into the Breatho, blows .06. Loses his licence for a while, or even gets a once only last chancer from the magistrate.

Same drunk gets in his car, runs over your sister and kills her, blows in the bag .06 afterwards.

10-15 years inside. And you are on the courthouse steps screaming inadequate penalty.

They throw jabs all the time. Not many get thrown like this.

You are saying punish the action. I'm saying that imagine if Brayshaw managed to avoid it totally, should Gaff still be copping this?

It would probably not have even been looked at if if there was no contact

Did I hear you say KoolAid. Repeatedly.

How ironic.

Universal principle of Western Law.

Let me demonstrate.

Drunk gets in a car, gets pulled into the Breatho, blows .06. Loses his licence for a while, or even gets a once only last chancer from the magistrate.

Same drunk gets in his car, runs over your sister and kills her, blows in the bag .06 afterwards.

10-15 years inside. And you are on the courthouse steps screaming inadequate penalty.

Completely irrelevant

Why? You said punish the action not the outcome. Still the same punch thrown.

All depends on the integrity of the AFL and their will to stamp it out

IMO, they won't do a thing, it will continue to be classified on who is the offender and what was the outcome, therefore nothing will really change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff just said "It’s been a very, very difficult 48 hours. But the main person I feel for is Andrew and he’s not going to be able to play for the next few weeks,” Gaff added .Next few weeks! You mean next few months! Is he gonna play in 4 weeks with a straw coming out of his mouth so he can eat liquified pasta before the game.!

I am going with 7/8

There will be a riot with anything less

All eyes on the AFL to do something about the underlying issue of players hitting each other. Do something about the action

All depends on the integrity of the AFL and their will to stamp it out

IMO, they won't do a thing, it will continue to be classified on who is the offender and what was the outcome, therefore nothing will really change
I'm arguing against your position, not the AFLs. The end result has to come into it. Fork me, that's why attempting to kill someone carries a penalty but a lesser penalty than actually killing someone.

That was not my point

Gaff however, did not to intend to punch him in the head... not a King Hit like the Fyfe hit
Your distinction is meaningless. The only distinction in assaults is whether they cause actual bodily harm or they don't. In NSW its 2yrs vs 5yrs

His "intention" was always to smash him, whether its in the teeth or the chest it doesnt matter. He intended the strike, there was actual bodily harm, there is nothing else.

By the way, I'm not accepting that he didn't mean to smash him in the teeth. He clearly did, the vision proves it.

Your distinction is meaningless. The only distinction in assaults is whether they cause actual bodily harm or they don't. In NSW its 2yrs vs 5yrs

His "intention" was always to smash him, whether its in the teeth or the chest it doesnt matter. He intended the strike, there was actual bodily harm, there is nothing else.

By the way, I'm not accepting that he didn't mean to smash him in the teeth. He clearly did, the vision proves it.

The vision proves otherwise, it proves like he said that he intended to hit him in the chest but his foot movement at the split second made him lower, hence the head

There is no doubt about the intention to hit nor the outcome

That was not my point

Are you Gaff? Only he knows what he was trying to do.

Are you Gaff? Only he knows what he was trying to do.

And he stated it

Gaff says that as he tried to hit Brayshaw in the chest, Brayshaw put his foot forward and his body lowered significantly.

Gaff says: "I meant to get him in the chest. I feel sick that I got him in the face. I had no intention to hit him where I hit him. I tried to do a similar hit to what I did 10 seconds earlier with my right arm."

There is no doubt about the intention to hit nor the outcome
...and everything else is meaningless, except to people that want to believe he is a good bloke, you know, deep down on the inside, after you wipe away the blood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff you dirty dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back