Game 3 NAB challenge v Pies @ Etihad 7:10pm Saturday 21st

Remove this Banner Ad

Then Bonti gets 30 possies and kicks 4 goals.

The "untagable" category is already being placed on Bonti due to his versatility. Mind you Macrae is versatile himself and can sneak forward and back. Awesome to have mids that can mark the footy in contested situations.

And Healy keeps calling our Stringer Jesse.
Yep, not that hard...

I lost it when Healey said that. For crying out loud, do commentators get fined for getting names wrong? It is part of their KPIs to call the
names of players correctly right? If it isn't...it should be!

We need to begin trade talks with Richmond immediately
Except that Carlton is the new Richmond in terms of taking our trash. We just have to be careful that our trash meets the target demographic for their recruiting department.

Just wanted to say Kudos to Matty Boyd too. I am one of his harshest critics on his disposal and turnovers but I thought he played really well off the back half. Bev has found a nice spot for him back there and his experience with murph and moz will be vital in the season.

Also nice to know he can be switched to an onball role during the game if needed.

I know its a long shot buy is there anyway to watch the replay besides Foxtel?
You can watch it on the AFL website if you have a live pass. You can get a free trial for it for a month.

EDIT: I just checked and it says the dogs vs magpies game is not available yet. I'm guessing they'll put it up by the end of the day.

A bit early to be trading players out :p On JJ imo it's all confidence, hopefully he gets a good run at it and his disposal picks up. Too early to write him off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from our tackling there were two things that really impressed me last night.

The first was the composure of players under pressure. The second was something that I have been rabbiting on about since about 2010. Its the ability of our players to use that composure and hit a 15m pass or handball out of traffic to break the clearance and create space from which to mount a meaningful attack. Have to say we did that really well.

The AFL app? I've got a subscription for it (via bulldogs membership) but I think they might put up the NAB games for free? (note replay not up yet but earlier games are, so will be soon).
You get a subscription to the AFL site via your membership? Any membership?

I think versatility is the key word in considering Minson-Campbell-Cordy. Beveridge is looking for flexible options and Cordy is certainly more mobile than Campbell. Campbell is more suited to the role that Minson plays, until such time as Minson isn't able to perform that role to the level required. Tonight Minson had 50 hitouts to Grundy's 22.

I was a bit surprised to see Cordy play tonight over Campbell. Campbell did well in the intraclub hitout and was OK in earlier NAB games too.

I think there was also a bit of 'last-chance-saloon' about the decision to start with Cordy tonight. He was asked to perform a role and he did a good enough job tonight. But I don't think it would take too many poor games in a row for Cordy to be out of the picture, perhaps semi-permanently.
I think they play different roles - Campbell is being groomed as a number one ruck and in this role is better than Cordy by a fair margin but when Minson plays Ciordy can add more (is he keeps improving) by mobility around the ground. In two years it will likely be Campbell/Cordy for now it will depend on matchups. What Campbell gets in VFL a is a full game in ruck - this will build his engine. Will play when Minson is rested or falls out of form (hope not) or when Toyd is rested / either way will play a good number of games this year.

Last night, for the first time since about 2010, we actually played a match with a game plan that wasn't from the previous decade.

Of course, this assumes that you could actually call McCartney's tactics a 'game plan' -- perhaps a bit of a stretch, it could be argued.

Isn't that just AFL live pass?

Sorry - your post suggested your Dogs membership gave you access to AFL live.
There is a digital Bulldogs membership that gives you access to AFL live.

After viewing the 3 practise games so far, have come to the conclusion that we are a more coherent, fast running, explosive, lightning via foot and hand, sort of side. Of course we have to all wait for the real games, but I am now of the opinion that round 1 will be a victory and quite a few more will follow. For the lovers of the previous coach, the contested ball which was the only thing that he managed to implant on the players, the stagnant, stop and prop game is gone............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............and now we have caught up to a new decade. Watch this space!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game 3 NAB challenge v Pies @ Etihad 7:10pm Saturday 21st

Remove this Banner Ad

Back