Game Day: Adelaide vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the other favourites for the rising star in Jeremy Cameron was also reported today. If he gets suspended I really can't think of too much other competition for Talia to win it
Realistically he's had too many quiet games, and will continue to now with the loss of his buddy Patton. Toby Greene on the other hand deserves to win it given his form line, but cannot given his suspension.

Could say the same to you, because you clearly missed his brilliant intercept marks and the position he was actually playing. But wait, my opinion is wrong isn't it? Play on. I'm not blind, I saw the game and I thought Radar played well, and I know I'm not alone here. I couldn't give a flying **** if the Reilly haters disagree.

So have you watched the replay yet? I've watched the first half again so far. Reilly did do some good work, but he was responsible for 2 of Stewarts goals. One was a mark he dropped, the second was a holding on Stewart who got the free and goaled. There was almost a third shortly after when Stewart wasn't paid the mark and Boak missed a sitter from 10 metres out.

So Port got two goals in the 2nd qtr, both as a result of Reilly.

And now make that 3 of Stewarts goals that Reilly had a hand in. Misjudged the attempted spoil allowed Stewart to run on to it and goal.

So yes Reilly did have a good game if you don't mind contributing to 3 of Ports goals.

So have you watched the replay yet? I've watched the first half again so far. Reilly did do some good work, but he was responsible for 2 of Stewarts goals. One was a mark he dropped, the second was a holding on Stewart who got the free and goaled. There was almost a third shortly after when Stewart wasn't paid the mark and Boak missed a sitter from 10 metres out.

And now make that 3 of Stewarts goals that Reilly had a hand in. Misjudged the attempted spoil allowed Stewart to run on to it and goal.

So yes Reilly did have a good game if you don't mind contributing to 3 of Ports goals.
I fear it will only be in a losing final that we will see Reilly for what he is

I fear it will only be in a losing final that we will see Reilly for what he is

I wonder if BACCS has actually watched the replay yet. If he had he would have seen Stewart had the chance to kick another on Reilly in the 4th when he led Reilly to the ball, marked but shanked his kick from 40.

Give it a rest, EC...

So let's get this straight, I give my opinion on Reilly's game. I get howled down, I suggest watching the game. I get howled down again. I provide the facts to support my opinion and I should give it a rest? So I can now criticise any opinion irrespective of the facts?

So let's get this straight, I give my opinion on Reilly's game. I get howled down, I suggest watching the game. I get howled down again. I provide the facts to support my opinion and I should give it a rest? So I can now criticise any opinion irrespective of the facts?
That would make you an average BF poster:cool:

I've seen you make the request in several threads. People are allowed to post their thoughts, even if they disagree with you. You are not allowed to stalk them from thread to thread making demands.

In any event, it's not up for debate. Give it a rest. Please.

I've seen you make the request in several threads. People are allowed to post their thoughts, even if they disagree with you. You are not allowed to stalk them from thread to thread making demands.

In any event, it's not up for debate. Give it a rest. Please.

One other thread. Thanks.

Radar was brilliant tonight, intercepting attacks all night and was certainly in our bests.
Is there anyone or anything to do with the club that you don't think is brilliant? The bar is obviously pretty low with you.

He was so brilliant that the coaches couldn't manage to get him into the votes. Guess there were 5 players slightly more brilliant on the ground :rolleyes:

Reily is shit every week, don't you know that.....:rolleyes:

If anyone is any doubt, I agree with BACCS. Reily was great. Why does this board have to criticise a player, regardless of what they do! He had one fumble for the entire match, and had at least 5-6 intercept marks.
Because he coughed up goals and his disposal by foot was not good enough for a guy playing in defence. I lost count of the number of times he missed a target under little or no pressure. Everybody else playing in defence had a DE above 80%, even Talia! Reilly's was 71%. Not good enough for a defender, especially the guy who's playing loose more than anybody else.

He did some good things, namely some intercept marks, but it was cancelled out by the other crap. He was no better than average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you post anything positive for the night? We dominated practically all night without our two key forwards and smalls and won by 58 points. If you can't take joy outta that I really do feel for you.

Dogga certainly didn't have his best game, but he didn't have to really do much either. Just played his role as usual and didn't do a heap wrong.
Seriously man, if you find it necessary to create some imaginary Crows nirvana in your mind to get you through life, then good for you. But for Christ's sake, leave me alone in reality.

I did say earlier that Doughty was one of our worst tonight. He wasn't terrible, but if I had to rank all our players, he would be down near the bottom.

I agree with you though, that a lot of posters need to learn to enjoy a win a little more than they do. Winning is good! :):thumbsu:
Yeah that's right, I didn't enjoy the win :rolleyes: Tell that to the people in the Warsaw hotel lobby I was watching from, who were probably wondering why I kept pumping my fist.

Seriously man, if you find it necessary to create some imaginary Crows nirvana in your mind to get you through life, then good for you. But for Christ's sake, leave me alone in reality.
Hey, if you enjoy seeing the negative side to life, I'm not here to change your mind. And you are posting on an internet forum, suck it up.

Hey, if you enjoy seeing the negative side to life, I'm not here to change your mind. And you are posting on an internet forum, suck it up.
You're the one who took issue with my post and who frequently berates anybody who doesn't share your Crows tragic view, you bell end. Ignore my posts in future and I'll gladly do the same for you. I have absolutely no interest in discussing the footy club with a delusional pollyanna.

Just watching the replay now. The first one where he dropped the mark isn't entirely his fault. Yes, he should have taken the mark, but Smith who was on Stewart left him horrendously free. He made the right decision to go for the mark, just so happened he dropped his only intercept mark for the game.

The holding the man one was bad, but again, why was Reilly forced to defend? Where was his actual opponent?

The one where he was in front and Stewart came in over the top and nearly marked it can hardly be entirely his fault either. He did everything right, got in front and positioned himself well, just so happened Stewart had the extra reach on him and judged it that bit better in the end. The lack of commitment from the rest of our defense in that marking contest was poor.

And the last one you highlighted, seriously, get off it. Reilly was never in that contest and at least he tried to come through and do something, but the ball carried way too far for his spoiling attempt to ever work. It was just a hack kick forward that luckily fell into Stewart's hands for a freak snap, those things just happen in footy.

I've also counted 4 or 5 brilliant intercept marks, and a similar number of score involvements for us.

His good well outweighed the negatives, easily. But hey, you aren't going to agree so I'm out.

You're the one who took issue with my post and who frequently berates anybody who doesn't share your Crows tragic view, you bell end. Ignore my posts in future and I'll gladly do the same for you. I have absolutely no interest in discussing the footy club with a delusional pollyanna.
What the hell is a pollyanna?

Just watching the replay now. The first one where he dropped the mark isn't entirely his fault. Yes, he should have taken the mark, but Smith who was on Stewart left him horrendously free. He made the right decision to go for the mark, just so happened he dropped his only intercept mark for the game.

The holding the man one was bad, but again, why was Reilly forced to defend? Where was his actual opponent?

The one where he was in front and Stewart came in over the top and nearly marked it can hardly be entirely his fault either. He did everything right, got in front and positioned himself well, just so happened Stewart had the extra reach on him and judged it that bit better in the end. The lack of commitment from the rest of our defense in that marking contest was poor.

And the last one you highlighted, seriously, get off it. Reilly was never in that contest and at least he tried to come through and do something, but the ball carried way too far for his spoiling attempt to ever work. It was just a hack kick forward that luckily fell into Stewart's hands for a freak snap, those things just happen in footy.

I've also counted 4 or 5 brilliant intercept marks, and a similar number of score involvements for us.

His good well outweighed the negatives, easily. But hey, you aren't going to agree so I'm out.

You know any attempt to show you are looking at his performance objectively was exposed regarding the holding the ball decision. Where was his opponent? Why was Reilly forced to defend? Because Reilly was his opponent and defenders are forced to defend. You originally said Reilly wasn't on Stewart at all, when you watched the replay did you not see Reilly on him? And during a game there are always little things that don't go according to plan, you can't ignore those moments and say shit happens, he was good, let's just ignore his opponent was the oppositions leading goal kicker. Just as he was unlucky that Stewart got those goals he was also lucky Stewart shanked one from 40 out otherwise it would have been another.

And finally a suggestion, next time you want to have a crack at posters for their opinion, perhaps you should be sure yours is accurate and holds up to scrutiny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day: Adelaide vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back