332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
Can't believe Mick Malthouse is used for magpie games. Waste of time listening to him as he is so one eyed. I reckon you've got to mute the audio and listen to a radio coverage to get a descent call.

I lost count of the times Malthouse highlighted something a magpie did and then it was deathly silent when freo scored. none could comment - almost like they were speechless that it could happen. absolute boring one sided commentary. embarrassing channel 7

Who do you reckon are the most biased who just love bagging us and can't say a good thing?

Agreed that was stomach turning! Malthouse must have a massive chip off his shoulder from his time at west coast.

Basil is the greatest disgrace. He's a West Australian and acted more Victorian than most of the other commentators. I put the blame with Channel 7. They are the worst broadcaster in history - period. Terrible camera work, terrible commentators, terrible treatment of any other sides that Wet Toast and the main Victorian clubs. They should be stripped of their right to broadcast.

BT and Richo for every Fremantle game. I love their light heartedness and banter, it's infinitely more entertaining than that boring prick Tom Harley or Bruce The Sycophant. Plus, with BT, we'll get some "my boy Barlow!" and "Claaaaaaaaaaannnnn-ceeeee" moments.

I hate it when commentators call games where they have a vested interest (eg. Eddie with the Pies over those years). Malthouse isn't out of the game enough or disciplined enough in his comments to be a commentator. He's so biased it makes his knowledgeable background count for nothing. On top of that, he just couldn't veil his dislike of Freo and Lyon. He should just do the right thing and put his hand up and say, I'm can't call this game ....

Or at least premise every statement with the a disclaimer "I wet myself over my old club and hate Freo/Lyon ...".

I'm not concerned with what they say. It's not like it matters, they can't impact on the result. We just use their comments as a way to vent our frustrations.

I care way more about on field success than anything said off field.

The media can disrespect us all they want-- so long as we get the ultimate revenge: a premiership..

Never understood how former coaches are allowed to call games involving their previous team. Roos and Malthouse are particularly bad. Basil was absolutely atrocious today. Surely, he goes to bed every night dreaming about smoking the poles of all the West Coast players.

I'm sure I heard malthouse say at one point in the fourth regarding frees accuracy, " It's only fremantles straight kicking that has kept them in it."

Back handed compliment or what...could have commented that frees kicking has improved markedly over recent weeks after some accuracy problems early in the year...but then he'd actually have to know something about Freo, which he appears not to.

Basil was probably peeved he got sent to Melbourne this weekend instead of staying home and calling the Eagles flog the Gold Coast.

Some of what malthouse said was true though, in particular talking about not having anything to kick to. When we finally got something forward of the ball, wowee we started kicking goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed listening to Malthouse's commentary. He's always called it as he saw it, always pulls no punches.

As for the rest of the commentary, I was busy cooking stuff but I knew if I could hear the commentary team ramping up that Colonwood was either about to or had already just kicked a goal. Likewise if it went to an ad break with no noise I just took it as a given that we scored a goal.

Don't mind Malthouse at all, I think he's up there with Leigh Matthews as the best special comments guys in the game.

I couldn't help but be terribly disappointed when I saw it was Hamish and Basil again :facepalm:
How can a guy with a lisp and being a shitful commentator besides be calling God's Greatest Game on a Saturday arvo.

And don't get me started on Zempilas. He's just terrible. Called Griffin 'Griffiths', called Nick Maxwell 'Max Maxwell' - or he stuttered which is great calling a game aired across the country.

And the camera direction. Shots down the ground during the thick of the action - how the **** are we sposed to see what's going on.

**** me dead.

The worst comment from Basil came in the 4th quarter. "Dawes has had a big impact today up forward".

Only kicked 1 goal before 3/4 time and another where he just about tripped over his own feet and fell head first.

Basil is the greatest disgrace. He's a West Australian and acted more Victorian than most of the other commentators. I put the blame with Channel 7. They are the worst broadcaster in history - period. Terrible camera work, terrible commentators, terrible treatment of any other sides that Wet Toast and the main Victorian clubs. They should be stripped of their right to broadcast.

Agree with the call on Basil. Made some disgusting ****ing comment along the lines of "XXXX makes a stupid mistake, I guess Fremantle supporters are used to it by now". Only time I've ever had a WTFBANANAS moment while listening to commentary. If that c*nt is commentating our next away game, I will not be watching.

I was surprised when they mentioned that the crowd was the 3rd highest home and away crowd the dockers have played in front of. Not the stat itself, what was surprising was:
1) they forgot to mention that the crowd exceeded the capacity of Subiaco, which means that no matter how well they do at home they will not get bigger crowds
2) they forgot to mention that a home game crowd of approx 35000 at Subi will have more than twice the gate takings of a pies MCG crowd of 45000.

We are a soft target and will be until we consistently earn the respect of the football world.

I think it begins in 2013

Lucky you didn't listen to the radio, Maclure and Morphett were worse.
No fan of the Dockers but I thought the tv and radio commentary was very ordinary.

Almost logged on here during the game to make mention of the commentary.. f*** me dead.. i have heard how bad the saturday arvo team is but hadnt experienced it fully until yesterday. Just terrible all of them... the funniest comments which come from supposed "learned" football people who think that our game plan revolves around only getting it forward 30 or so times a game.. yeah thats the plan boys, thats what we want.. nothing to do with being smashed in the middle AGAIN and continously starting all attacks for our goal line with their press being awesome. Malthouse is a deadset flog and for some reason hates fremantle, not sure why.. we were never a threat to wce when he was there, if anything you would think he would have a soft spot

Was that pissed off i almost sent 7 an email, then i remembered it would achieve f*** all

Although I rate him as a commentator (when he's not try to be overly witty) Commetti has always been extremely disdainful and condescending towards us. Not sure why people are surprised that a WC sycophant like Basil and a former Collingwood/West Coast coach in Malthouse would rubbish us though.

Pickering is another scumbag.

Agree with the call on Basil. Made some disgusting ******* comment along the lines of "XXXX makes a stupid mistake, I guess Fremantle supporters are used to it by now".

I was gobsmacked when I heard that useless worthless prick make that comment. I almost chucked something large and heavy at the TV till I thought all I would have was a broken TV and more hatred for flipping BigSchnoz. Can not bear him at all...

We need to seriously boycott all broadcast sponsors until channel 7 get those flogs off our games. It's time 7 took notice of what the fans want. I don't care if the call is neutral, the crap we are served up is disgraceful.

If 7 have something to lose, they will have to act. Let the boycott begin.

Back