Game Day Thread: Fremantle vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win from the boys tonight. Sure, it might not have been the most polished display ever but it was a good hard fought win. Nothing wrong with one of those, and it gives them something to work on during the week. Better than believing the hype of being equal first and becoming complacent....

Richmond were very impressive in the first quarter, but after that we won 101 to 36. At one stage during the third quarter, we had scored from 22 of our last 25 inside 50's. Which is extremely impressive, and shows that we were converting our possessions into shots on goal.

Hopefully this thread doesn't just focus on the negatives, because there were plenty of positives. The win being the obvious one. Nothing worse than when the board becomes overwhelmingly negative after a win, Fremantle supporters should know better than anyone to enjoy a win when we get one.

Good win from the boys tonight. Sure, it might not have been the most polished display ever but it was a good hard fought win. Nothing wrong with one of those, and it gives them something to work on during the week. Better than believing the hype of being equal first and becoming complacent....

Richmond were very impressive in the first quarter, but after that we won 101 to 36. At one stage during the third quarter, we had scored from 22 of our last 25 inside 50's. Which is extremely impressive, and shows that we were converting our possessions into shots on goal.

Hopefully this thread doesn't just focus on the negatives
, because there were plenty of positives. The win being the obvious one. Nothing worse than when the board becomes overwhelmingly negative after a win, Fremantle supporters should know better than anyone to enjoy a win when we get one.

Sorry, but that was a pathetic performance. So many things wrong with it and if we are to be any good as a side we cannot accept those type of performances. I feel dirty having watched that.

Umpires gave them at least 4 goals. I don't know how they get a game.

1 umpire did a crap bounce out near a forward 50 and called it back for a throw up. I thought that was only supposed to happen centre bounces. They were all crapppppppppp!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but that was a pathetic performance. So many things wrong with it and if we are to be any good as a side we cannot accept those type of performances. I feel dirty having watched that.

I feel dirty coz we were r*ped and suffocated by low life thieves in green. It was a record of free kicks inside 50 resulting in goals apparently. This does not go into the amount of free kicks for FA around the ground (and the lack of until the game was over to the men in purple).

How can a games start under these conditions.

I will admit the scoreboard was horrendous. I do still stand by the fact that it was a diabolical game to watch because of the inability to comprehend the debauchery shown by the penis swallowing f*ckwits that struggled to even bounce a ball.

In the end I'm pretty disappointed we didn't annihilate them for percentage. But if we had turned up to play at the opening bounce it would have been about 80 points, even with the bad kicking and poor umpiring.

I think the last 2 weeks would have taken their toll, look how St Kilda performed last night. The game at Etihad was a real battle. In the end we got lucky with the draw, being able to play a hopeless side this week. Got a win, Sandilands and Barlow chalk up some more Brownlow votes, move on to next week.

Just got home, wow that was a shocker on a lot of levels. I started to feel actually physically ill in the first quarter at the idea we were going to drop that one.
We actually seemed to be playing Richmond into form for a while there.
Fortunately the team is made of sterner stuff these days.
The umpiring was inexplicable, the skills down and the kicking at goal diabolical.
BUT we got the win, we would have dropped that one in the old days.
In defence of the skills the ground was very dewey and the ball got pretty slippery by the looks.
We won, Nat Fyfe is a star, I'm happy.

I mentioned in another thread that it was a bit of danger game in that, if we came out half-baked, we would give Richmond a sniff but should still win it by a few goals - well that's basically what happened.

Richmond were poor (except 1st 1/4)
We were poor, but our poor is still 6 gaols better than Richmond's.
Umps were poor, actually horrible. Forgetting the bounce thing, that doesn't worry me, but they just called stupid stupid stuff and we were screwed something terrible in the first half.

Anway, I noticed Sandi 'rested' a fair bit fwd in the later stages of the game, the whole thing slowed down in the last 20min - hopefully an easy end to the game plus a wakeup call before we play WCoast next week.

Footnote: I really feel for Richmond - they aren't going to get gifted starts + pathetic kicking at goal like that too often, they should have pounced. It's probably the first game this season were they were genuinely a chance to steal it and they didn't - credit to our boys too I suppose, shows what were made of these days to hold firm.

I think the last 2 weeks would have taken their toll, look how St Kilda performed last night. The game at Etihad was a real battle. In the end we got lucky with the draw, being able to play a hopeless side this week

I had the exact same thought after the game. We had a heap of flat players out there and still ground out a win. Have to be happy with that

Did anyone else notice Barlow didn't start in the centre square many times tonight. We got pantsed at clearances tonight, first time for a while and they kept setting up without him. I couldn't work out what was going on. If it wasn't for Sandi we would have been in serious strife.

Did anyone else notice Barlow didn't start in the centre square many times tonight. We got pantsed at clearances tonight, first time for a while and they kept setting up without him. I couldn't work out what was going on. If it wasn't for Sandi we would have been in serious strife.

There were a few strange tweaks here and there. Silvagni seemed to play further up the ground and then as a fwd for a bit there if I'm not mistaken. As for clearances, I think we won them in the end - but for while there we were getting beaten easily from bounces, embarrassing really.

On Barlow specifically, perhaps Harvs was trying to see how Barlow plays in the open field with a view to throwing Palmer in there next week?

Should have won by 10 goals at least.

Thought Barlow, Mundy and Sandilands bought us back into the contest in the second, like clock work from the stoppages 2nd quarter onward.

Bit disappointed with Mora and Deboer in particular.

Mora seems to have a fascination with running himself into trouble, Deboer's kicking is just terrible.

Clancee Pearce did himself no favours either.

Should have won by 10 goals at least.

Thought Barlow, Mundy and Sandilands bought us back into the contest in the second, like clock work from the stoppages 2nd quarter onward.

Bit disappointed with Mora and Deboer in particular.

Mora seems to have a fascination with running himself into trouble, Deboer's kicking is just terrible.

Clancee Pearce did himself no favours either.

Pearce was OK when he actually had the ball, just got very little of it. Not sure of his minutes but I suspect they weren't high.

I agree with your Mora comment. I was very disappointed with him tonight, he not only put himself into trouble, he sold his team mates into it too and when he didn't do that he was bombing it indiscriminately. Not too worried, it is his 5th game and they all have up and down times. He still showed some moments even in a down game like this one that say super-star in the making.

Pearce was OK when he actually had the ball, just got very little of it. Not sure of his minutes but I suspect they weren't high.

I agree with your Mora comment. I was very disappointed with him tonight, he not only put himself into trouble, he sold his team mates into it too and when he didn't do that he was bombing it indiscriminately. Not too worried, it is his 5th game and they all have up and down times. He still showed some moments even in a down game like this one that say super-star in the making.

Really think Mora could be the one to miss for Palmer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Thread: Fremantle vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back