Game Day Thread: Hawthorn vs Brisbane - Rd 19 ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Game Day Thread Hawthorn vs Brisbane Rd 19

We're a happy team at Hawthorn, we're the MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS..We love our club, and we play to win...Wow...What a fantastic win...
And Young won Rexie's Rookie today, another great kid from the Wimmera..
Well done Clinton, I have always stuck by you, you deserve to be in the team permanently!!!
Terrific win boys... WELL DONE!!:D
Grant Birchall was Tough man...and Buddy was B.O.G.. Well done boys to all of you

We are still in for a spot in the top four, well done boys. Looking a bit more likely with Carlton now 3 points in front of Port. Should be a good last quarter there. Geez I hope we make the top 4 now, we have a great chance with our rivals for these spots going down of late. I can see us winning at least Two, if not all three of our next three games

Again to the mighty hawks today, great win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a gutsy win.

Leigh should have reminded his players at half-time not to mess with Hawthorn. Our youngsters in the mellee showed that tey will not be intimidated.

I am very proud of each and every player.

Hodgy was a real general directing traffic.

The last three rounds are going to be a test. I am confident we have a real team which will have Port, Doggies and the Sydney wondering about us very seriously.

And Swans take a warning: we learned heaps from our last outing with you. Clarko will not have us making the same mistakes again.

We're a happy team at Hawthorn, we're the MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS..We love our club, and we play to win...Wow...What a fantastic win...
And Young won Rexie's Rookie today, another great kid from the Wimmera..
Well done Clinton, I have always stuck by you, you deserve to be in the team permanently!!!
Terrific win boys... WELL DONE!!:D
Grant Birchall was Tough man...and Buddy was B.O.G.. Well done boys to all of you

Yeah! Lover. I have always stuck by Clint too. His mum and dad, his bros, all the family up there at Minyip Murtoa and the local club will be ecstatic about the young man becoming a real fixture in the team second on the AFL ladder.

good win, 24 points, unfortunately a couple of late goals to brissy but nonetheless 12 wins, second spot, port winning by 23 points 113% hawthorn 115%
possesions:
Luke Hodge 33
Sam Mitchell 32
Jordan Lewis 29
Brent Guerra 28
Shane Crawford 28
Grant Birchall 28
Clinton Young 26
Joel Smith 25
Chance Bateman 24
Brad Sewell 24
Rick Ladson 24

Half our team above twenty possessions

Goals
Lance Franklin 5 2 32
Jarryd Roughead 3 3 21
Ben Dixon 3 1 19
Luke Hodge 2 0 12
Tim Boyle 1 3 9
Chance Bateman 1 0 6
Ben McGlynn 1 0 6
Clinton Young 1 0 6

Best: Hodge, Lewis, Franklin, Crawford, Mitchell, Brown

Today we proved that we are worthy of the top 4.
I have over the year just watched in anticipation and expectation of what I saw today.
This was a big test and it was not how much we won by, but how we won!!!
Actually the score is completley irrelevant.
TODAY WE BECAME MEN!!
Members, Supporters and others the ride has just began.
Enjoy it!!!:thumbsu:

Congratulations to Hawthorn today, too good. Best of luck in the finals.

Hopefully we may play you again this year.

Well played. Of our last 6 games Hawthorn have played by far the best footy against us. You guys seemed really up for this game, and I must say I gained a bit of respect for the Hawks today.

We had FIVE posters today... We should have put them away for sure.
We could have won by 54 pts....
BUT, we won....

we should have won by more but i would take 5 posters a game for a win like that

Make no mistake had fitzroy won theyed be really talking up their chances.

We won and its 'as you were'.

Their juggernaut ran into a Brick wall - our great team ! Also remember it was 22 to 21 for most of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win to the Hawks! Your supporters are a great bunch and 3rd quarter withstanding, it was a great contest with a few twists & curves.

Good luck with the next three rounds and I wish all of the success come September.

Great game and ripper mark to Croady and goal of the day to Buddy on half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Thread: Hawthorn vs Brisbane - Rd 19 ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back