Game Day v The Full Strength Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dogs would've known we lost at 3 quarter time of their game and kept the cue in the rack.

If we won I'm sure they'd have given a shit in the last and beaten the Lions anyway.
That is exactly right. Had there been a home final on the end of it, they would have won.

I can't believe Brisbane wanted to win though. Bizzare.

The Dogs would've known we lost at 3 quarter time of their game and kept the cue in the rack.

If we won I'm sure they'd have given a shit in the last and beaten the Lions anyway.

Agreed. I wouldn't read to much into the Brisbane game. Western knew they had sealed the deal.

Matters not anyhow--we are where we are. I expect a focused effort from EVERYONE next weekend.

Now is their chance.

Got back from Geelong an hour ago. Disappointed in our effort. The Cats outworked us big time. Their forwards had a day out, their backs pantsed our forwards and I reckon the mids broke even.
I flew back in the same aircraft as the team. Had JJ, Crouch jnr and Brown in the seats in front of me. Smithy was diagonally opposite and was wearing some kind of surgical boot. He was just in front of me and was limping when we left the plane. One of the trainers leaned over the rail as we came up the ramp and asked if he was okay. Smiffy replied that he'd get there, but not quickly. I assume he meant the bus.

Why? That means the team we are about to play just lost to the bottom side. People get way too worked up over fairly meaningless results. It's not like we are a realistic chance of a flag, so experience at the MCG is good.
Why? Are you serious? Because we did exactly what we complained about North Melbourne doing in not putting in a full effort and upsetting the integrity of the competition, only to lose out on the home final we spent all week complaining about losing out on because we didn't show integrity in our effort.
If you don't see the stupidity and hypocrisy there, then there's a reason the likes of Trigg have been able to pull the wool over our eyes for so long.

If we were to ... lose based on last nights result and then BL pull a win out of their arse we'd be a laughing stock. Control what we can control, don't flirt with form, go out and smash these cocky geelong ******s.

I think that would have been an excellent way to approach things.

You guys have been through a rough year, so no gloating. I think we were ready to be overrun at 3/Q time yesterday. Adelaide played like they assumed it was a dead rubber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day v The Full Strength Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back