Game Day Rd 16 Crows v Giants - Name the Excuse - Spoiler - Taylor saves Nicks, will he get another game?

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d have to think the reduction in crowd size from 40k+ last home match to >30k tonight is more to do with the cold and possible wet, with the game live, than 10k supporters suddenly deciding to protest against Nicks
You would hope - Sydney game was 9c as was todays

The rain did not keep 10k away

Imagine not being happy when your team wins a football match against good opposition!
Show me where either here or in the match thread I was ever unhappy with our win

Stop gaslighting people

Show me where either here or in the match thread I was ever unhappy with our win

Stop gaslighting people
Wasn’t aimed at you (sorry if you felt t was), but the rest of the negative Nellie’s. They know who they are. Just read through the game day thread and you’ll know who they are.

Imagine not being happy when your team wins a football match against good opposition!
It depends what you want for the club, a couple of wins to paper over the shitshow and therefore allows the club not to make the changes the club needs or you’re happy for a couple of wins and no changes.

Watching the news this morning “and the win takes the pressure off Matthew Nicks” and this is why winning this game sucks.

It depends what you want for the club, a couple of wins to paper over the shitshow and therefore allows the club not to make the changes the club needs or you’re happy for a couple of wins and no changes.

Watching the news this morning “and the win takes the pressure off Matthew Nicks” and this is why winning this game sucks.
The media are full of shit. This takes no pressure off nicks unless they keep winning. He’s walking a very fine line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media are full of shit. This takes no pressure off nicks unless they keep winning. He’s walking a very fine line.
Bullshit it doesn’t. The club will take any opportunity to keep him in given they’ve re-signed him too ****ing early.

Win another 2-3 games and he’s safe for 2025 so any win helps keep him there. I’d rather lose every game if it meant getting rid of him.

Good
Seeing guys like Nankervis, Dowling, Cook, Taylor and even Hamill getting games now and doing well.
And they don't look out of place in AFL

Ugly
Needing injuries to get these blokes into the team
Yep, was only the last week Nicks justified not selecting Taylor as he had stuff to work on, how do you publicly make a comment like that and then pick him?

What Taylor showed last night is he’s a footballer that has it. He needs to play.

Yep, was only the last week Nicks justified not selecting Taylor as he had stuff to work on, how do you publicly make a comment like that and then pick him?

What Taylor showed last night is he’s a footballer that has it. He needs to play.
Really disappointing starting him as sub in his first game.
But he fitted in seamlessly
Can find the footy, has time to make good decisions and has great skills
There's a lot to like by the way he goes about his footy

Bullshit it doesn’t. The club will take any opportunity to keep him in given they’ve re-signed him too ****ing early.

Win another 2-3 games and he’s safe for 2025 so any win helps keep him there. I’d rather lose every game if it meant getting rid of him.

Assuming our best 6-7 stay fit for the rest of the year we will win another 2-4 games. Doesn’t change anything - we have already seen without Rankine and Walker we struggle to beat anyone

So Nicks is completely safe. The club has been pretty clear he is safe and the only changes will be support around him. He won’t be going anywhere until mid next year at the earliest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

George - what is he supposed to say? I understand why you find it hard to have any joy with the club when you find every comment or non comment something to dissect. It’s a media interview.
Is he going to say - I don’t think he is good enough to play, or “ he is definitely up to it but I jus t don’t want to pick him”?
Taylor has been named as an emergency recently - that’s the signal they think he is close. The rest is fluff

And yes they could drop Murphy for him - but then he would be stuck forward with no mid time. And that will still be a struggle moving forward.
It’s a problem when you draft a dozen mids and you only have 3-4 spots to put them in

You’d have to think the reduction in crowd size from 40k+ last home match to >30k tonight is more to do with the cold and possible wet, with the game live, than 10k supporters suddenly deciding to protest against Nicks
No.

Bigfooty crows board convinced everyone to stay home.

You guys are dreaming, Nicks was never going to be sacked end of this year. He will be sacked end of next year if we don't make Finals.

George - what is he supposed to say? I understand why you find it hard to have any joy with the club when you find every comment or non comment something to dissect. It’s a media interview.
Is he going to say - I don’t think he is good enough to play, or “ he is definitely up to it but I jus t don’t want to pick him”?
Taylor has been named as an emergency recently - that’s the signal they think he is close. The rest is fluff

And yes they could drop Murphy for him - but then he would be stuck forward with no mid time. And that will still be a struggle moving forward.
It’s a problem when you draft a dozen mids and you only have 3-4 spots to put them in

What’s he got to say? “I’m selecting Taylor this week, he’s been in good form and we have players out of form in the seniors”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back