Game thread - WCE v NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the full game. Shuey's kick to Wilson at around the 12 min mark of the 3rd quarter was no fluke like the commentators said, he made sure the ball was penetrating enough to reach Wilson who he saw running towards the corridor.

Wilson was awesome up forward, especially in that 3rd quarter. Really like the way he's been playing the last few weeks, was very mechanical (lynch like) in his movement last year I'm really impressed n how he's changed.

Your a joke.

It was his intention to reach Wilson however it was poorly executed and only the stupidity of the North defenders not even attempting to spoil allowed it to get through to Wilson.

Ive loved what Shuey has brought to the team these last 2 weeks but dont outright lie about that passage of play.

Your a joke.

It was his intention to reach Wilson however it was poorly executed and only the stupidity of the North defenders not even attempting to spoil allowed it to get through to Wilson.

Ive loved what Shuey has brought to the team these last 2 weeks but dont outright lie about that passage of play.

Even if the kick wasn't all that good, he's likely one of a few on our list that would have the poise to spot the target running back and realise that the defenders would have a hard time defending it.

Your a joke.

what are you talking about. the kick cleared the defenders they couldnt of spoiled it if they tried it was over there heads. admitedly he probably wanted it to be a little higher but it was a pretty perfect pass.

Your a joke.

Geeeeez, slight over reaction.

Take a chill pill:cool:

Hey, it's been a while since we've had midfielders that can actually spot someone up over 40m. They're usually quite common in good teams.

One thing people haven't taken into account is the new interchange cap that may come in. Beau Waters is like a bull out of the gate in opening quarters. His game ending bumps will become very important - forcing teams to use their possible substition early or just putting pressure on interchanges.

On another note, Beau is a fan favourite and admired within the club. He has been club man of the year. He is a west coast boy through. He spent two years out of the game with injury - his comeback has been superb. Ease up...

One thing people haven't taken into account is the new interchange cap that may come in. Beau Waters is like a bull out of the gate in opening quarters. His game ending bumps will become very important - forcing teams to use their possible substition early or just putting pressure on interchanges.

On another note, Beau is a fan favourite and admired within the club. He has been club man of the year. He is a west coast boy through. He spent two years out of the game with injury - his comeback has been superb. Ease up...

I love Beau - and there is certainly a spot in the 22 for him.

I just sometimes don't know where that is considering the mix of his kicking.

We seem to be building a number of quality options down back - especially with good kicks.

We don't really want Beau delivering to our forward line - so where do we put him? Perhaps as a forward tagger - applying pressure to guys like Gilbert, Harry O etc

I love Beau - and there is certainly a spot in the 22 for him.

I just sometimes don't know where that is considering the mix of his kicking.

We seem to be building a number of quality options down back - especially with good kicks.

We don't really want Beau delivering to our forward line - so where do we put him? Perhaps as a forward tagger - applying pressure to guys like Gilbert, Harry O etc

He plays that "floating back with the ball" defender very well - Hurn is shocking at this and i've never seen Smith or Schofield attempt it. I think you're right, a forward role or even flank with the ability to be extra man in defence. The ability to play in multiple positions is a great thing not a hindrance. Hunter turned star status with limited kicking ability.

Some people really should have a look at his highlight reel on youtube - he adds so much to the team. He's a big game player.

Smith was a pretty good at floating back with the ball/sweeper role at TAC level...then just ran away from players and roosted the ball out of defence. Just needs more confidence in his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game thread - WCE v NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back