GAMEDAY: ADELAIDE V FREMANTLE Semi Final 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats. Adelaide showed a lot of class and determination in fighting back from 5 goals down, especially with all of the focus on home finals losses during the week. In my eyes that was a top 4 team we were playing last night.

Good luck next week!

I hate it when people bump posts like this but I was scrolling through the Game Day thread and couldn't resist :p

Q1, 17 minute mark
Can we sub Porplyzia off now?

Q1, 19 minute mark
Any chance we can get Neil back?

Q1, 19 minutes
Vince is bloody terrible

Q1, 25 minutes
Walker chokes at finals footy.

Quarter time
Mentally we are piss-weak

Quarter time
GAME OVER

WE ARE COOKED

Q2, 6 minutes
Freo lining up for another, I'm afraid sando has failed again tonight. First at selection. Then with being unable to get the boys fired up.

Q2, 7 minutes
We're goners.

Q2, 11 minutes
Question is.... how do we get Craig out of his contract at Melbourne?

Q2, 17 minutes
My god Rutten is slow. :oops:

Q2, 20 minutes
Walker is the biggest choker of them all

Q2, 24 minutes
We are shite in finals just haven't the cattle who are mentally tough enough to execute under finals pressure.

Congrats on a good win. Going to be a superb team next year with Crouch and Tahlia added to that mix. Not to mention Andy Otten who will obviously be better after another preseason. Anyone else i've forgotten?

Really thought Jacobs beat Sandilands around the ground but Sandi had the better of the tap duel. Rutten was immense/immovable what ever you wanna say. I thought our Captain was beaten yesterday.

I thought Tippett put his body on the line multiple times and had some deft taps and clever body work. He had minimal possessions but was still able to impact the game. Walker was unstoppable, as soon as he got his first he never looked back. Our defenders were out of sorts and the midfield didn't help much by dropping back.

Mundy was great, probably the best midfielder on the ground, Crowley did a good job stopping Dangerfield who is ridiculously strong and could easily take Hawthorn apart. I think the Hawks will be well aware and Sewell will probably be used in a tagging role.

Anyway, just thought i'd give a bit of a dissection of what i saw last night. Congrats on a powerful fightback and win.

Could have got a list of quotes from me at quarter time too.

Last night was fantastic. Most fun I've had at a game in a long long time.
Yep. One of the best atmospheres I've seen since the showdown win late in 07

You can expect a lot of Hawks supporters next week at Ainslie for a bit of atmosphere.

In the dining area do they still have a pic of Hird playing for Ainslie?
Probably. I don't spend much time down that end of the building, since they moved the big screens to the bar area.

• I didn't walk away from that game thinking we were lucky to win. It was one of the most stirring and satisfying victories I have witnessed. My memories were of Tex bombing accurately and Reilly taking that mark in defence. Sorry but on the night that victory was ours to savour.
Those memories are accurate.. but that doesn't change the fact that we were very lucky to escape with a win. I have no doubt in my mind that we would have lost that game were it not for Goodes' injury.

I hate it when people bump posts like this but I was scrolling through the Game Day thread and couldn't resist :p

Q1, 17 minute mark

Q1, 19 minute mark

Q1, 19 minutes

Q1, 25 minutes

Quarter time

Quarter time

Q2, 6 minutes

Q2, 7 minutes

Q2, 11 minutes

Q2, 17 minutes

Q2, 20 minutes

Q2, 24 minutes

Your a cruel bugger Carl!!:(

Well done Adelaide - knew this was going to be a tougher game than last week. You guys withstood our beginning onslaught well and knew we wouldn't have enough in the tank for the second half. Then it became so much more one on one and your run and quality KPP's really stood up and took it away. Enjoyed the game a lot, except obviously for the result and the inevitable loss of energy we had in the second half. I'm really pleased with the new Freo intensity, and never accepting defeat to the very end. We obviously need another KPP or 2 (Macca back will be great) as well as another quality mid.

Good luck for next week. Hopefully not too many niggles/injuries for you from the game and it will prove a good tune up to prepare you better for next week.

Q1, 17 minute mark

Q1, 19 minute mark

Q1, 19 minutes

Q1, 25 minutes

Quarter time

Quarter time

Q2, 6 minutes

Q2, 7 minutes

Q2, 11 minutes

Q2, 17 minutes

Q2, 20 minutes

Q2, 24 minutes

Lucky you don't need to remove your foot from your mouth to post on bigfooty, otherwise Mr Moogle may never be seen again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q1, 17 minute mark

Q1, 19 minute mark

Q1, 19 minutes

Q1, 25 minutes

Quarter time

Quarter time

Q2, 6 minutes

Q2, 7 minutes

Q2, 11 minutes

Q2, 17 minutes

Q2, 20 minutes

Q2, 24 minutes

I reckon the Bigfooty server might crash when I do a post like this if Tippett signs back up again :p

Q1, 17 minute mark

Q1, 19 minute mark

Q1, 19 minutes

Q1, 25 minutes

Quarter time

Quarter time

Q2, 6 minutes

Q2, 7 minutes

Q2, 11 minutes

Q2, 17 minutes

Q2, 20 minutes

Q2, 24 minutes
Seriosuly, coming from Spackler. Wow, like you've never spoken in haste and made a mistake.

Seriosuly, coming from Spackler. Wow, like you've never spoken in haste and made a mistake.
I'm aware of the irony... did you miss the acknowledgement in the first sentence?

It's not hidden or in any way cryptic. I felt it was quite clear and obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

GAMEDAY: ADELAIDE V FREMANTLE Semi Final 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back