Gameday - Adelaide v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong very lucky to get away with this one. With a tiny bit more polish we would have won comfortably.

Agree to some extent. Geelong scored a few goals a little easier and Crows missed a few opportunities esp early.

Usual thing is to say we were off our game, but I actually reckon Geelong played ok.

Was a good game of attacking footy.

Crows seem to be playing with much more passion and risk

We were the better team. But the more experienced side kept its cool. We should beat Gold Coast and Richmond and finish with 8 wins for the year.

Tredrea is a fool as a commontator on Adelaide games......

Agree to some extent. Geelong scored a few goals a little easier and Crows missed a few opportunities esp early.

Usual thing is to say we were off our game, but I actually reckon Geelong played ok.

Was a good game of attacking footy.

Crows seem to be playing with much more passion and risk

appreceated mate :thumbsu:

Your structure and discipline was to good....even with 5 changes from last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the game but caught the end on the radio on the drive home from work

We won clearances 39-20 :eek:

That is insane against such a dominant midfield

With that much of a dominance in clearances... we really should've won. However we weren't clinical enough and some poor skill /decision making errors really gifted goals to Geelong. We really need to work on our skills in the pre-season as turnovers really really cost you in the modern game.

Not capitalising on all our forward entries in the first quarter is what killed us. The green snots did a little to hurt us too. :cool:

Very Good signs for the future. yes some of the decision making was ordinary and disposal killed them. BUT, they are getting more of the ball they are playing with more passion and they look to be playing with risk and speed.
Their disposal skills and decision making will improve, add that to their newfound desire and all starts looking good.:)

Now that is the sort of a game where I can happily accept the argument that our youth and inexperience are going to hold us back for a bit. Finally, that is a real reason for losing - not a threadbare excuse - and, my god, it's a lot easier to swallow than the shit we were serving up for the last couple of years. That was indeed an honourable loss. That was the best demonstration of why Craig had to go. Bicks may not be the messiah, but he's not Craigy's boy either. Well done everyone!

I'm sure the inclusion of Ivan Maric has gone some small way in the resurgence of our midfield in recent weeks, gives big Sauce an all important "spell" during matches which has led to him being able to sustain a Quality 4 quarter effort....on top of this big Ivan has been more than serviceable both in ruck contests and around the ground, let's not forget it was an absolute A grade ruckman in Ottens our boys dominated today. I feel Ivan is very comfortable with his "back up" role and really looks to be enjoying his footy again, I for one will be disapointed if every effort is not made to retain him at the AFC into the future.

After witnessing the mauling of Port yesterday part of me hopes we put up a better show than them.

Another part of me is getting quite excited about this game. If we attack the Cats we are not a silly chance. I cant wait to get down there.

I believe for most of the game last time we played them we lead the clearances and I50s. With all our focus being on getting the ball to Tip and them easily repelling it and setting up goals.

That attitude seems to have gone though, with Tip out. Scarlett out as well, so Walker and Gunston could be a handfull for them

And we did win this game last year.

Realistically, I predict a four goal loss, but we put on a good show.

So close to a win.

Our midfield has it over theirs. Must be a match up thing, as theirs is one of the best, but even when they beat us earlier this year we won the clearances for most of the day.

A few IFs and BUTS and we would have won. Probably should have. But the main thing is the effort and the ability to play a style of football that is relevant to todays football.

Best game by us since Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday - Adelaide v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back