Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
Kick off 4:10
Radio 5AA Triple M ABC
TV Channel 7 & Fox 1
Official Team Named 40 Minutes before the start

HEAD TO HEAD: Played: 31, Adelaide 15, Geelong 16

LAST TIME: Geelong 19.11 (125) d Adelaide 10.13 (73), Round 14 2011 at Skilled Stadium

LAST TIME AT VENUE: Adelaide 11.8 (74) d Geelong 9.9 (63), Round 16 2010 at AAMI Stadium

http://www.afc.com.au/team thursday/tabid/16470/default.aspx

After witnessing the mauling of Port yesterday part of me hopes we put up a better show than them.

Another part of me is getting quite excited about this game. If we attack the Cats we are not a silly chance. I cant wait to get down there.

I believe for most of the game last time we played them we lead the clearances and I50s. With all our focus being on getting the ball to Tip and them easily repelling it and setting up goals.

That attitude seems to have gone though, with Tip out. Scarlett out as well, so Walker and Gunston could be a handfull for them

And we did win this game last year.

Realistically, I predict a four goal loss, but we put on a good show.

I've been happy with the wins in recent weeks and with the more attacking game plan, however I do have some concerns that playing bottom sides has to some degree masked some of our deficiencies and if we continue the error rate we are certainly going to get hurt more by a quality side than we did against bottom 4 sides

we will be brave however the Cats will be a 2 goal / qtr better side, with that in mind I do expect us to lose by 7-8 goals

Under 10 goals and I'd be happy. I just think Geelong are too awesome for us and I don't hold much hope for today. I just hope a 100+ doesn't happen. If we attacked hard I'll be pleased. :rolleyes:

I do have a genuine feeling that we could become very very close in this game. Geelong will be without their general in defence. Even though they arent a one man team, but the loss of Scarlett will make things a little easier.

With a home crowd behind the boys after the last couple of weeks and the different style of play Bicks has been getting the boys to play, we will certainly be more physical at the ball and we won't go down without a fight. Jack Gunston and Ivan Maric will need to stand up today, as i'd expect Walker to get double teamed.
Paddy Dangerfield will need to show the Geelong boys what they could be up for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geelong by 5-8 goals but as long as we attack and give it a shot i'll be happy :D

Geelong by at least 8 goals.

Not sure if the hammering will happen out of the gate or not, but it will happen. Adelaide are not a great deal better than Geelong's last two opponents (hell, Melbourne destroyed us), so expecting more would be crazy.

Of course, I'll be happy to be proven wrong. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday - Adelaide v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back