Gameday has arrived!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ, you guys are harsh on Stevens. Maybe, as supporters, all you see is the mistakes. But, to an outside observer, the bloke popping up all over the ground taking pressure marks on tough opponents. He's not the best user of the ball, but I can barely recall a game where he goes missing

hes ok, when hes not delivering hospital balls to everyone

Christ, you guys are harsh on Stevens. Maybe, as supporters, all you see is the mistakes. But, to an outside observer, the bloke popping up all over the ground taking pressure marks on tough opponents. He's not the best user of the ball, but I can barely recall a game where he goes missing

Seems that way but in this town if your over 24 you're just a list clogger until the next big thing comes along.

Dumb thinking as Stevens is very reliable in defence.
But for some it's easier to criticize his mistakes rather than to look at his whole game to see his true worth.

Asked at half time if Danger was injured...1 kick one handpass.

Must have got an absolute rocket at half time becasue that second half was just full of class. The goal in the last was awesome. When he strings a full game together he will destroy an opposition. Walker should have had 5 and is going to have a great year.

Great gutsy win!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu: Lots to like about the second half.

First 50 or so minutes I though our kicking to stationary targets was shitehouse. Stevens redeemed himself slightly in the second, but for the love of the Almighty can someone tell him to put the slow loopy passes in the bag never to be seen again. Porps going down is a big blow, but coverable and hope its not too bad and he can get back soon.

Lots of upside, week off and then full into it round 3.:D

I'm not a huge Stevens fan, but he did some good things tonight. For every mistake he made, he did something quality. And he was pretty solid in defence. You couldn't drop him after that performance. And who would you drop him for anyways?

Why change the team any more than is absolutely necessary? - Porps out/Tippett or Jaensch in.

I'm not a huge Stevens fan, but he did some good things tonight. For every mistake he made, he did something brilliant. And he was pretty solid in defence. You couldn't drop him after that performance. And who would you drop him for anyways?

Why change the team any more than is absolutely necessary? - Porps out/Tippett or Jaensch in.

Dirty word around here remember!? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Maric was very ordinary and whenever Smack went on the ball our clearances from the centre improved. His second efforts put Ivan to shame. So who gets dropped when Kurt returns?

Get of the Stevens back. Did you hear Neil Craig after the game sing his praises. Said he was very underrated. The marks he takes with the flight of the ball going back into defence are priceless. yes he does some kicking errors but his kicking efficiency tonight was near 70%. You posters on here just need to knock anybody close to thirty to get your favourite players in. He is versatile, can play forward or back and never really gets beaten. If you have played the game aqt a high level than I can understand you commenbting but its obvious most of you havn't. It is harder kicking out of defence. Twice the pressure of kicking as a forward or kicking forward of centre. So you reckon Dangerfields , Tippets kicks are better. Lets put them in the backlines where kicking mistakes are even more glaring. Also Stevens one of our best set shots at goal- Dont forget that

Tippett in for Porps. We already have Henderson, Knights and Dangermouse who are all capable of playing a similar role to Porps anyway.

We need to find a way for another line breaker into the team. Brodie Martin is a must. Tambling was good but better outside the fifty metre arc where he doesnt need to be as conscious of his man. I think the wing is his position personally. Most of his great work was done forward of centre.

Get of the Stevens back. Did you hear Neil Craig after the game sing his praises. Said he was very underrated. The marks he takes with the flight of the ball going back into defence are priceless. yes he does some kicking errors but his kicking efficiency tonight was near 70%. You posters on here just need to knock anybody close to thirty to get your favourite players in. He is versatile, can play forward or back and never really gets beaten. If you have played the game aqt a high level than I can understand you commenbting but its obvious most of you havn't. It is harder kicking out of defence. Twice the pressure of kicking as a forward or kicking forward of centre. So you reckon Dangerfields , Tippets kicks are better. Lets put them in the backlines where kicking mistakes are even more glaring. Also Stevens one of our best set shots at goal- Dont forget that

He does this at the most CRUCIAL of times though and kills any momentum we had. So what we are saying is that Stevens does some very good things and some very bad things. I don't think this is acceptable and I don't think I'm being harsh on Stevens. Craig sent Walker back to the SANFL to work on aspects of his game that required work, despite his good VERY good, I'm simply applying this same philosophy.

However i accept that we need someone to actually be challenging Steven's spot, which i don't think we have at the moment. Curious to see how Sellar, Thalia and Thompson go over the coming weeks.

He does this at the most CRUCIAL of times though and kills any momentum we had. So what we are saying is that Stevens does some very good things and some very bad things. I don't think this is acceptable and I don't think I'm being harsh on Stevens. Craig sent Walker back to the SANFL to work on aspects of his game that required work, despite his good VERY good, I'm simply applying this same philosophy.

However i accept that we need someone to actually be challenging Steven's spot, which i don't think we have at the moment. Curious to see how Sellar, Thalia and Thompson go over the coming weeks.

Yr one of these knockers thats always on here. Tonight was one of his worst games kicking wise. But do you look at anything ele. 27 pocessions. aleays in the right spot and intercepting marks are the best in the team and have been for a number of years. he makes kicking errors as he takes risks coming out of defence- that is his biggest weakness he picks the risky options on occassions and to be honest he normally only makes a couple of blunders a game maximum. I can take that with all the good he does. we dont have too many great contested marks and we need him for that. Im sick of people going on about Will Young. Have you guys actually watche dhim play for Norwood. Looooong way to go. also his Sydnet debut was the worst I have seen from a crow for a long time

Super comeback tonight by the boys. Last year at 9-39 down they would have dropped their heads but this year they never gave up and kept attacking and they were rewarded. Brodie Smith had too much impact for a sub in my opinion. He was really good and hopefully gets to start next week. Richard Tambling had his best game for the Crows and looked good off half back. Patty needs to stay in the middle and thats were he can have the most impact. Phil Davis and Ben Rutten did well to minimise the impact of Roughead and Franklin. Kicking efficiency and turnovers were the only negatives for the night. Jacobs, Tippett, Martin go in for the next game. Porps is the only obvious omission at this stage. Going to be hard to drop players from this team. Not sure if the Bye is a good thing or a bad thing next week.

Yr one of these knockers thats always on here. Tonight was one of his worst games kicking wise. But do you look at anything ele. 27 pocessions. aleays in the right spot and intercepting marks are the best in the team and have been for a number of years. he makes kicking errors as he takes risks coming out of defence- that is his biggest weakness he picks the risky options on occassions and to be honest he normally only makes a couple of blunders a game maximum. I can take that with all the good he does. we dont have too many great contested marks and we need him for that. Im sick of people going on about Will Young. Have you guys actually watche dhim play for Norwood. Looooong way to go. also his Sydnet debut was the worst I have seen from a crow for a long time

Change risky to Stupid.

His hospital passes today were not him taking a risk to switch play or to centre the ball, they were usually short loopy chip kicks to the closest player with an oppostition player within 5 meters.

I accept that my judgement is probably clouded as I most definitely not a Steven's fan.

Opening the other eye...he does the team things very well, that was evident time and time again with his willingness to assist Davis with Franklin. But the brain fades are hard to ignore, and he had a fist full of them before an excellent final term.

Totally agree - this summarises it nicely.

Just watching some highlights. We seem never to have a crumber. There was a couple of occasions we did but not many. Everyone seemed to be a flyer and the hawks had numbers on the ground. Where is this going to come from? Surely that would/should be dangers/martin/smiths job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday has arrived!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back