Merv

<b>Resident Mongrel</b>
10k Posts
Jun 24, 2006
The start of a new era
AFL Club
Essendon
rnd1gl8.jpg

Well it's been a long hot summer and an eternal wait to see the Bombers again but finally the waiting is over.

I'm reasonable confident about the game and our pre season form has been quite good and the formline has stood up, so far.

The Dons will be too quick and have a bit too much firepower for North and will run out winners by 24 + points.

Should be a good game. I think we have too much up forward and a gameplan that will hold up much better against the style North plays this time around. Pretty confident of a win, even hopeful of a big win.

Well it's been a long hot summer and an eternal wait to see the Bombers again but finally the waiting is over.

I'm reasonable confident about the game and our pre season form has been quite good and the formline has stood up, so far.

The Dons will be too quick and have a bit too much firepower for North and will run out winners by 24 + points.

Agree Merv! Jetta on Wells would be a great match up.

Lets us pray to the footy gods that Knighta knows what he's doing and doesn't f-up our football club.

A new era,a new dawn...lets get on with it.

Well its almost time, I've been craving this day for ages.
We must not underestimate the Kangaroos, they went deep into the finals last season, and have a very good reputation for playing well as a unit. They don't seem to have an absolute standout player, but are very consistent across the park.
We do need to play at our absolute best to knock this team over, but I reckon we are capable and will scrape over the line.
Bombers by 10 points.

here we go then!

The clarion call for the Essendon army goes out today. We've had the mickey mouse stuff. Now for reality folks.

Essendon fans should be well pumped for today. A much-hated rival - over whom we have had no success since that glorious comeback in the millenium halycon days - is the perfect test for our young, brave squad. Let's smash that hoo-doo good and proper - today is the day to inflict some of our own pain!

Today, as in the pre-season, we run onto the field minus K Sheedy and J Hird. Who would have thought that, with the similtaneous loss of such iconic Essendon legends, that the future could appear so bright?

Matthew Knights has arguably already put his stamp on this great club. If we run out today, and play his game plan with the same vigour, verve and bravery that we showed pre-season, then look out those who doubted. Look out North Melbourne. Look out AFL.

No-one doubts it will be a long, tough season; with the highs and lows that will come with playing a young team - but it's going to be an exciting ride, and it's a journey that starts now, today.

If you're in Melbourne, and you're not going, change your mind. Get down there early, and get a seat.

We're about to show the AFL world once again why we are the biggest and the best. We're about to show that we revel in supporting the greatest club in the land; a club that pays us back in spades with consistent excellence - a match made in heaven!

It's a new era; it's an odyssey that starts today. Go Dons!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here we go then!

The clarion call for the Essendon army goes out today. We've had the mickey mouse stuff. Now for reality folks.

Essendon fans should be well pumped for today. A much-hated rival - over whom we have had no success since that glorious comeback in the millenium halycon days - is the perfect test for our young, brave squad. Let's smash that hoo-doo good and proper - today is the day to inflict some of our own pain!

Today, as in the pre-season, we run onto the field minus K Sheedy and J Hird. Who would have thought that, with the similtaneous loss of such iconic Essendon legends, that the future could appear so bright?

Matthew Knights has arguably already put his stamp on this great club. If we run out today, and play his game plan with the same vigour, verve and bravery that we showed pre-season, then look out those who doubted. Look out North Melbourne. Look out AFL.

No-one doubts it will be a long, tough season; with the highs and lows that will come with playing a young team - but it's going to be an exciting ride, and it's a journey that starts now, today.

If you're in Melbourne, and you're not going, change your mind. Get down there early, and get a seat.

We're about to show the AFL world once again why we are the biggest and the best. We're about to show that we revel in supporting the greatest club in the land; a club that pays us back in spades with consistent excellence - a match made in heaven!

It's a new era; it's an odyssey that starts today. Go Dons!!!

I had goose bumps reading that.:p:D

Hi, can someone please help me. I got an AFL Silver membership this year from dream team, and coz i havent had one before have little clue with how it works. Can I buy guest passes at the door for mates? Where abouts can i sit?

Thanks.

Hi, can someone please help me. I got an AFL Silver membership this year from dream team, and coz i havent had one before have little clue with how it works. Can I buy guest passes at the door for mates? Where abouts can i sit?

Thanks.

No idea - but get there early. A near full house is forecast for today.

And good luck chaps.

yeh i hope you boys have a win, i really like the bombers side right now, guys like stanton, dyson and ryder i reckon are absolute champs in the making. Anyone know if Monfries might come in as a late change, im surprised hes not in the starting 22 i would surely have him in there if i was coaching, shows how much i know haha

Dissapointing first quarter. Very undisciplined giving away stupid free kicks. Managed to work our way into the match but the Kangaroos are well on top thus far.

Well what can I say. The second quarter was the complete oppisite of the first.

Bad news about Lucas. Could be out for up to 3 months.

What a first half! Has any other club ever been as cursed with first match injuries as us? Hird, Lloyd and now Lucas. No wonder Fletcher's keeping such a low profile this match.

Can't keep up with this umpiring inconsistency. At least there's no clear mandate to slow down the play this season.

Hope we can hold on to this lead. Don't read too much into Scotty's knee until after a proper review tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday: Round 1 - Essendon vs Nth Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back