• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Having the insight to pick the right ones is essentially what makes a recruiter good or bad though. Any moron could put a list together of the best performing juniors.
Yep, it’s literally their job, to pick correctly. There is no hindsight or bad luck, one **** up ok, it happens, 2, that’s a worry, 3, what the **** is going on and 4, **** off mate.

Having the insight to pick the right ones is essentially what makes a recruiter good or bad though. Any moron could put a list together of the best performing juniors.
Exactly. Every club has supporters that focus purely on the draft misses and rarely give praise for draft hits, that is what shits me. I think we should move on from Hamish because 10+ years is a long time at one club and we would benefit from fresh eyes, but it doesn’t mean I think he can’t spot talent.

You only have to look back at the draft thread last year when we took Soligo to know that 99% of posters on here have very little idea about U18 players. Plenty questioned the Berry selection due to his size as well.

Worrell is looking like a fantastic pick in the 2nd round, would people be blasting Hamish if he was taken over McAsey at pick 6? Net result is the same. Serong looks classy (and you would have all blasted Hamish for drafting another midget), but Schoenberg is very promising too.

Hamish has been involved as far back as recruiting Sloane, took Laird in the rookie draft when many questioned his size, plucked Doedee from nowhere etc, there are many others. The last two years of first round picks are looking good and we are trading in elite talent as well.

He’s had numerous misses, but that is the nature of recruiting 18 year olds that are still developing into their body.

Anyway, time to relax with a glass of red and watch The Rolling Stones doco on Stan.

Doesn't look good, shows a lack of effort from way to many players

FamrSFKakAAUKnV

Why would he want to play for Gold Coast? We’re both jokes but his wallet will be a lot fatter with us.
Apologies for late reply.
If Rankine wants to play for the Crows to fatten his wallet, he can stay where he is or go elsewhere, thanks. We've got enough long-signed underperforming mercenaries and don't need another. That reads more harshly than I intended.
However, this amused me:
"Port Adelaide legend Kane Cornes wasn’t yet convinced Rankine is going to be a “top liner,” but emphasised the Crows would have to give up something given he’s not a free agent — proposing a swap for Riley Thilthorpe or a package of Josh Rachele and Darcy Fogarty if draft picks don’t appease the Suns.". He's deluded.
(Crows’ $4m ‘wildcard’ move blindsided the Suns. This is how a trade could be struck)

If I was Rankine or JHF and watched last night's capitulation, I'd be thinking: "Nope".
In fact if I was JHF I'd stay with NM for the experience of being coached by Clarke.

I read this:
Tries his guts out but is too small and not strong enough to [play] at AFL level.
and my mind thought:
McHenry
Murphy
Jones, straight away.
We're stuck with scrawny, underfed, try-hard scrappers whose efforts cannot be questioned, but skill- and future-wise look less and less like best-22 players.

The mark he took makes you want to see it but I think we're too top heavy up forward with TT/Fog/Tex along with Gollant pushing for a spot.

Would love to have one of our big defenders willing to take the game on in the back half and take the intercept marks that other teams bigs to that eat us up. Our in recent years have been too defensive minded with no counter punch, haven't had anyone that's done it for us since Bock really.
TT and Murray swapping ruck and forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have sought solace in the Carlton "We-were-10-4-and-missed-the-8" Autopsy thread.
It worked! :grinning:
Losing to Port Power was bad, but if we had been 10-4 and missed the Top 8 (let alone Top 4) it'd be much worse.

I do think a bit of care is needed when relying on those phantoms. Blokes like that Twomey are just looking to predict the order, and with how many times he gets it right he’s probably got some inside word

He is miles off during the year, and even a couple of weeks out.

He gets it close only a day or two before when he throws out the rubbish he’s been saying all year

Losing Friday night is bad when you have the rest of the weekend to go.
Getting hammered in the last round of the year in a showdown is next level.

No. Next level is realising that for the 3rd year in a row we’ve junked it up in the last month of the season, against teams barely trying, and watching our draft pick blow up to pick 6 (after Ashcroft)

A team as bad as ours can’t keep ending up with picks like that for no reason.

We chase meaningless end of season wins to sell hope (memberships) to idiotic supporters and harm our draft position

Pick 6 is not good enough (again) for a team as bad as we are.

Exactly. Every club has supporters that focus purely on the draft misses and rarely give praise for draft hits, that is what shits me. I think we should move on from Hamish because 10+ years is a long time at one club and we would benefit from fresh eyes, but it doesn’t mean I think he can’t spot talent.

You only have to look back at the draft thread last year when we took Soligo to know that 99% of posters on here have very little idea about U18 players. Plenty questioned the Berry selection due to his size as well.

Worrell is looking like a fantastic pick in the 2nd round, would people be blasting Hamish if he was taken over McAsey at pick 6? Net result is the same. Serong looks classy (and you would have all blasted Hamish for drafting another midget), but Schoenberg is very promising too.

Hamish has been involved as far back as recruiting Sloane, took Laird in the rookie draft when many questioned his size, plucked Doedee from nowhere etc, there are many others. The last two years of first round picks are looking good and we are trading in elite talent as well.

He’s had numerous misses, but that is the nature of recruiting 18 year olds that are still developing into their body.

Anyway, time to relax with a glass of red and watch The Rolling Stones doco on Stan.

Laughable cheerleading

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Port

Back