GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

dav whatmore coaching gisborne this year has just moved into the area after many international stints has decided it was time to settle down and spend more time with his family HUGE coup for the dragons:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

yeah and bobby simpson has just settled out the back of woodend and is headed to captain coach Hesket, also, Ian Healy is going open the bowling for Romsey and Blocka Wilson is want to umpire in the GDCA.

yeah and bobby simpson has just settled out the back of woodend and is headed to captain coach Hesket, also, Ian Healy is going open the bowling for Romsey and Blocka Wilson is want to umpire in the GDCA.
Nah Bobby wont get a game at hesket, he aint in the innner sanctum, no mates no game

seems that the marsh could be in some real trouble this year.

was talking to a very very senior player and he has grave concerns about the numbers this year.
he also mentioned that if things got worse he would be starting to look at playing elsewhere , last years premiers would be his preferred option.

Best spinner in the comp easily Axton.

Woodend lost any? Surely Warren Else's new 'stature' could cover any loss :eek:
Waz is the saviour of the club, as long as he keeps his hair conditioned he will score a bucket load and take plenty;), the big news at woodend is the immenent departure of cornwalls favorite son......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terry tugboat

Don't be a w***er and start crap rumours! The Marsh have nominated 7 teams and the next best in the GDCA is 5 teams. I wouldn't call that struggling. I would call it way out in front of the competition with 77 players ready to go. Match that! The Marsh are travelling very well and had very interested onlookers at their training run on Sunday. Woodend decided that their boring, normal training paled into insignificance after watching the Marsh go through their paces with a young, enthusiastic team going through brand new drills and thinking outside the square in relation to training. These comments were coming from senior, experienced and mature Woodend players. Paul Baker has the runs on the board regarding premierships and finals appearances. Please remember that the Marsh were the B Grade premiers with not many other teams pushing up. It would appear that jealousy is a curse to the lesser teams. Bring on the 2009/10 season.

Terry tugboat

Don't be a w***er and start crap rumours! The Marsh have nominated 7 teams and the next best in the GDCA is 5 teams. I wouldn't call that struggling. I would call it way out in front of the competition with 77 players ready to go. Match that! The Marsh are travelling very well and had very interested onlookers at their training run on Sunday. Woodend decided that their boring, normal training paled into insignificance after watching the Marsh go through their paces with a young, enthusiastic team going through brand new drills and thinking outside the square in relation to training. These comments were coming from senior, experienced and mature Woodend players. Paul Baker has the runs on the board regarding premierships and finals appearances. Please remember that the Marsh were the B Grade premiers with not many other teams pushing up. It would appear that jealousy is a curse to the lesser teams. Bring on the 2009/10 season.

It would appear that Marsh might be 'good value for money' then, looking at the most recent odds. I don't know if having 77 players ready to go means success in the top grade? Word is that there is a large void of Marsh cricketers (with talent) aged between 22-32? I know there is some great older players (fgh graders) but my understanding is that they are beyond playing anything higher.

Are the grades for next season out yet?

Terry tugboat

sorry there knackers was just relaying what i was told by a guy who goes by the nickname skeeter !

what i mentioned wasnt made up at all, and why would i be jelous of a team that finished second ?
who remembers the runners up ? nobody thats who.

Please remember the Marsh team has won five grand finals in the past decade therefore making it the most successful club in the last twenty years in the GDCA. Sounds alright to me in my very humble cricketing opinion.

One grand final does not make a champion team. Back to backs and a decade of playing at the highest level and being very successful makes a champion team.

My opinion only and agree that second wasn't good enough. Gisborne completely outplayed the Marsh and deserve all the accolades they got!

Cheers and good luck for the forthcoming year.

biggest tool i have ever played cricket against.

respect and sportsmanship is certainly not on his agenda

please tell me he isnt trying to still play mcintyre ?

i can only go on my experiences on being involved in cricket and footy with Pud,but i have always found him to be a top bloke who busts his chops for the club ,on and off the field. i have never played against him so i can't relate to your distain for him.

i can only go on my experiences on being involved in cricket and footy with Pud,but i have always found him to be a top bloke who busts his chops for the club ,on and off the field. i have never played against him so i can't relate to your distain for him.

Anyone who knows him would say he would be the first person picked to go into battle with you.
Always wears his heart on his sleeve, extremely loyal and big on the "us against them" way of sport.
He is one of those guys that would get under the skin of the opposition, but he is a top bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back