GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason A-grade got all the coverage last year buddy because Romsey had a side in that grade and not McIntyre. People in Romsey and Lancefield don't want to read about Woodend and Riddell's cricket sides in the top level, they want to read about their own.

hey i noticed a new team in the gdca essg who on earth wacked em in
g ; grade there names in the side look interesting as im sure there are abou 6 a grade pleyers in there so they should win that comp pretty easy i would think then in there h ; grade thereis another 5 a & b grade players from inner melb comps feel sorry 4 the other teams luck im not playin lower grades this year look out 4 them fella's silly comp if u ask me

cheers the mercenary

No offence boys, but i cant believe H grade gets so much of a mention, or should i say Tylden H grade. Dont get me wrong, i know it is the same game, however i thought the higher grades would dominate the thread.
Here's a thought- best three bats in the league. Go for it. Know some of the names, but havent seen much of this comp in the last 5 or so years. Enjoy!!!

dont get u wrong seen the players list matey there bowlers names and figures and there of an oldish age good luck facing some of them throwing down 130klm/ph balls i reckon some of the higher grades players would fail against these old school players so hold off on the ideas u have on lower grades and if the comp was serious they would have pre season gradings with matches 2 sort it all out

cheers the mercenary :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Played at Sunbury East on Sat. Have to say what a great day!! We got 343 and afternoon tea was the best in the comp.....fantastic:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Also free drink:p and soft drink for the kids after the game. As a new club they have done everthing right so far. Fellas were absolutely great out on the field, and the ground is getting better, will be magic in a few weeks....... WELL DONE SUNBURY EAST... from all the boys and old farts at Romsey C.C.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

i was meant to go and watch that game as i know these old farts @ romsey & the thunders are a very friendly side as ive heard from the past matches

Surely your not serious? Sorry but if your club is not good enough to have a team in McIntyre or B grade then you should not be allowd in this comp. The only solution I can think of is a FA Cup style set up where the lower graded clubs play each other first and the winner continues on with the higher graded clubs coming in at round 2 or 3. Something along those lines anyway. I wonder how the other McIntyre clubs feel? Is lancefield in this comp?

Woodend 10/179 Verse Tylden 6/140 not a bad effort at all considering there an F grade side, just shows tylden can actually face up to a mcintyre cup team

Woodend 10/179 Verse Tylden 6/140 not a bad effort at all considering there an F grade side, just shows tylden can actually face up to a mcintyre cup team

I would love to know who played for Woodend? Would also ask the question if these guys are capable of playing a higher level, why are they playing F grade when you have United's 5ths playing E grade? This doesn't make any sense. Also read that Ashfield weren't allowed to play in the comp. So how does a side with a 1st in F grade get in ahead of a team with a 1sts in C grade? Like I said previously, good on Tylden for having a dip and it looks like they earnt themselves a lot of respect by putting up a decent fight and none of what I'm saying is directed towards Tylden, but surely with a comp like this, clubs with a higher grading should get
preferential treatment over the clubs who aren't graded as high.

I would love to know who played for Woodend? Would also ask the question if these guys are capable of playing a higher level, why are they playing F grade when you have United's 5ths playing E grade? This doesn't make any sense. Also read that Ashfield weren't allowed to play in the comp. So how does a side with a 1st in F grade get in ahead of a team with a 1sts in C grade? Like I said previously, good on Tylden for having a dip and it looks like they earnt themselves a lot of respect by putting up a decent fight and none of what I'm saying is directed towards Tylden, but surely with a comp like this, clubs with a higher grading should get
preferential treatment over the clubs who aren't graded as high.
dont worry tylden had their fair share of good players, one A. Chew for instance, and the other opening bowler was an ex Kyneton A grader or something, woodend played 7 current mac players

Brook grumont to play the season out with macedon after a huge falling out with a few of his mc intyre team mates , will be a handy pick up for the boys from macedon who are sitting second.
Shit form by the boys from gisborne especially from the captain of the club, you would think the boys in question would know by now the difference between right and wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey spurt, any indication of what the falling out was about, he played for them on Sat didn't he?

Yer he played saturday, a few of them decided it would be funny to go around to his house and trash it, cutting down trees in his backyard cutting down his clothes line and ripping cupboards off in his kitchen, add to that writing all over his walls with texta and crayons, they cause thousands of dollars worth of damage.
Be fair to say he was far from impressed when he got home and understandingly so, the w***ers thought it was piss funny , but dont think they will find it funny when the police are going to be involved.

Yer he played saturday, a few of them decided it would be funny to go around to his house and trash it, cutting down trees in his backyard cutting down his clothes line and ripping cupboards off in his kitchen, add to that writing all over his walls with texta and crayons, they cause thousands of dollars worth of damage.
Be fair to say he was far from impressed when he got home and understandingly so, the w***ers thought it was piss funny , but dont think they will find it funny when the police are going to be involved.

Wow spurt.....
this is something of a bombshell!
Sounds like the poorest of form from some of his former team mates... however i dont think this is the forum to air this information.... this forum is dedicated to light hearted jibes, a fake betting market, low level gossip and the chance to talk up (or down) onfield exploits... For Gisborne's sake lets hope they get their crap soughted and remove the guilty from the club...
Anyway, latest odds - H grade
St Anthonys - $1.90
Romsey - $3.70
East Sunbury - $4.90
Any other team - $11.90

Wow spurt.....
this is something of a bombshell!
Sounds like the poorest of form from some of his former team mates... however i dont think this is the forum to air this information.... this forum is dedicated to light hearted jibes, a fake betting market, low level gossip and the chance to talk up (or down) onfield exploits... For Gisborne's sake lets hope they get their crap soughted and remove the guilty from the club...
Anyway, latest odds - H grade
St Anthonys - $1.90
Romsey - $3.70
East Sunbury - $4.90
Any other team - $11.90

dont think they will be removing last years kevin sullivan medalist do you ?

Haha! Woodend Batted first and the game was over half way through Tyldens Innings. Boys let them have a bit of a hit and pretty relaxed chasing the ball, so i wouldn't read too much into it. Yep, Chewie played for Tylden (forcing Tylden youngster D.Cunningham out) in none other than a Woodend Shirt!! Classy!!

Hesket game played last night was another story... After getting set a measly total of 101 by Hesket, The Woodsmen struggled and made it scoring 102... Wayno smashed em about though!! Bit understrength without the big names like Macca, Digger and Big Dan Heaney from the 2nds... Could have used me as well, although i was too busy playing World of Warcraft.

Aside from all that:

I understand playing in team colors and all, but should teams be able to use a red ball with a red shirt when its starting to get a little dark?

Apparently United's Pommy recruit Rich Parker is making some waves in our comp.

I've heard opposition players mention him in the same breath as Rocket, Kev and Jason Lock!

Oh, and wasn't the night of the indiscretions at Gisborne the same night as their much vaunted 'Dry Night', that they seem to be winning drug and alcohol awareness awards for...........:confused:

Apparently United's Pommy recruit Rich Parker is making some waves in our comp.

I've heard opposition players mention him in the same breath as Rocket, Kev and Jason Lock!

Oh, and wasn't the night of the indiscretions at Gisborne the same night as their much vaunted 'Dry Night', that they seem to be winning drug and alcohol awareness awards for...........:confused:

Spot on there!
Their president who is a huge fartknocker has pushed this rubbish about the dry round and look at the result !
A loss of a loyal premiership player and a huge damage bill, great result prez.
I also see that now they only serve mid strength beer, perhaps the prez should get a life and not push his boring personality and ways on the whole place.
I wonder why jackman didnt mention the incident in his interview for the paper?
Another case of a poor effort from gisborne

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back