GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have an anuerism every time someone mentions Winchelsea...maybe couldn't get a game there last year and still a bit jaded?

But you're saying Winchelsea should be 1-2, yet you're also saying they should have beaten Thomson considering the the circumstances? Make up your mind champ.

And the Winch twos should have beaten your mob as well, but once again poor kicking let them down. Guess we'll just have to wait until finals to see who the real deal is.

I was referring to the fact that they are still shit! If they were ever going to be half decent and knock over a decent side it would've been on the weekend, yet they weren't up to it. So that is why they should be 1-2, not 3-0 as you mentioned. Winchelsea might have a better atmosphere around the place but on field they still aren't up to it.

Oh yeah and don't complain about poor kicking either, just practice more.

Don't worry about finals either chump, neither of us two clubs will be participating!

I would like to get some opinions on Winchs start to the season as well from some of the other posters. Not just a one eyed Anakie supporter who has something against Winch and tips them to get smashed by 10 goals every week.

I can vouch that the feeling around the club is 10 times better than last year (not hard to see why though compared to last year). The next few weeks look tough - i think its Banno, North, Werribee and Belmont. Thoughts Winch's chances for the month ahead?

0 wins 4 losses

I would like to get some opinions on Winchs start to the season as well from some of the other posters. Not just a one eyed Anakie supporter who has something against Winch and tips them to get smashed by 10 goals every week.

I can vouch that the feeling around the club is 10 times better than last year (not hard to see why though compared to last year). The next few weeks look tough - i think its Banno, North, Werribee and Belmont. Thoughts Winch's chances for the month ahead?

We havent played winch yet but bannoc, nth and werribee were all tough games for us, if winch hope to play finals as we do, you would like to hope you could win 2 of those games like us you cant afford to let to many games go early as its very hard to try and catch up to the 5 late in the season.

gee was just asking if it was true or not, 2 be honest though i was there satdy and made a point of watching him play cause hadn't seen him play b4 and he played like some1 who was only there 2 get wot he is owed and get out of there, obviously a long way of his league b&f form couple of years ago.
who was the person after the game who bought up the tyquin incident i thought that was in bad taste, bit of sour grapes after there team lost i think.

Don't know mate. I was behind the bar and didn't hear anything. I agree it would be in bad taste as I thought we had moved on from that a few years ago.
I would agree that Haami is not at his best at the moment, but there is no doubt he will come good. As for only being there to "get what he is owed", I'll have to defer to my previous posts. I'm sick of having to tell you blokes, so I think that is the safest option for me, otherwise I may say something that will damage the club and there is no way in hell I want to do that.

who is the vice president of belmont is it u spider cause thats who said it

gdfl4eva. I am going to go easy on you because you are a newbie. If you read my last post, you would have seen that I was behind the bar. I was the bloke in the suit who made the speech at the start of the senior game and, guess what, I was still the bloke in the suit behind the bar during and after the game. Just so we are clear and you don't bother me again, I am the EX-PRESIDENT of the club, not the VP.

gdfl4eva. I am going to go easy on you because you are a newbie. If you read my last post, you would have seen that I was behind the bar. I was the bloke in the suit who made the speech at the start of the senior game and, guess what, I was still the bloke in the suit behind the bar during and after the game. Just so we are clear and you don't bother me again, I am the EX-PRESIDENT of the club, not the VP.
Gday spider i hope all is good at the den, it will be good to catch up and have a beer saturday.:thumbsu:

i agree that Christie tipping them to come last was harsh, but c'mon mate you'd be lying if you said you expected North to start as strongly as they have and if i can play the Devil's advocate for a second they arguably haven't beaten anyone yet.

Inverleigh - won't get anywhere near finals

Corio - completely understrength and underdone when they played North (and right now there are questions over whether Corio are even in the best handful of sides in the GDFL)

Blue West - i'll be able to count their wins with a couple of fingers by seasons end.

i'm definitely not bagging North Geelong because i'm really impressed and excited by their start, but to have a personal crack at someone after round 3 is a bit silly mate. If they beat Thomson, BPH or Banno then you've got an argument.
admittedly i called her a joke.. however i think some criticism must be levelled in her direction.. id assume she is paid for the time she spends covering the GDFL and some preseason reasearch wouldnt have gone astray before GUESSING(quote me on that) where sides would finish based on last years lists with a smattering of recruits..

Gday spider i hope all is good at the den, it will be good to catch up and have a beer saturday.:thumbsu:

As always, DEVILS, it will be good to have you and your posse at the Den this week. New electronic scoreboard went up Monday, so it's all looking good down there at the moment.

admittedly i called her a joke.. however i think some criticism must be levelled in her direction.. id assume she is paid for the time she spends covering the GDFL and some preseason reasearch wouldnt have gone astray before GUESSING(quote me on that) where sides would finish based on last years lists with a smattering of recruits..

agreed..i've seen the last two north geelong games against corio and geelong west, and they are clearly much better than 12th, which is where they were predicted to finish if people didnt realise what he was talking about. there are too many journalists nowadays that simply get paid for writing rather than actually going out there and researching what they are writing about. as far as north geelongs season goes, i think they have buoyed by young legs in the midfield, whether those legs will have what it takes against the bigger stronger and more experienced outfits is yet to be determined. i do however think that frank fopiani should be commended for the work ethic he seems to have installed down at north geelong this year, they seem to have a bunch of enthusiastic blokes who will play for one another.

As always, DEVILS, it will be good to have you and your posse at the Den this week. New electronic scoreboard went up Monday, so it's all looking good down there at the moment.
Spider is that where a certain match player's payments went,to the NEW electronic scoreboard:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GDFL footy is a terrible standard of football!!! I have no respect for players that think there guns in that league until they step up with the big boys!!

GDFL footy is a terrible standard of football!!! I have no respect for players that think there guns in that league until they step up with the big boys

Now Franky i dnt belive u have seen much GDFL footy!. There are alot of gr8 footballers running around in the GDFL that have stepped up and played a high standed of footy...:thumbsdown: have a look at the record this week and see what names u reconise

GDFL footy is a terrible standard of football!!! I have no respect for players that think there guns in that league until they step up with the big boys!!

And you've obviously played AFL?

Who are these guns who are not stepping up with the big boys?

Now Franky i dnt belive u have seen much GDFL footy!. There are alot of gr8 footballers running around in the GDFL that have stepped up and played a high standed of footy...:thumbsdown: have a look at the record this week and see what names u reconise

Don't know if he will "reconise" anyone champ :eek:

g. wallace, south barwon coach to thomson
m. curtis, lara runner up b&f to thomson
m. stewart, mathison medal winner to corio
r. o'toole, mathison medal winner to corio
f. fopiani, st marys premiership player from corio, now at north geelong

5 blokes who have played with the 'big boys' as you call them,
research a little more before you run ya mouth like that

surely the money could be better spent else where

I went easy on you before because you were a newbie. Now I'm just convinced you are a very, very simple man. We didn't pay for it. The league gave every clubb $100,000, to be matched by the council for ground improvements. As there is no way possible to extend our rooms, the council won't let us build a netball court and we just got new lights...
Didn't I tell you not to bother me again? Now it goes double... bugger off back under your rock:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back