GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought the continued use of the word 'wot' would have given it away before the Haami thing.

Also, his abhorrent spelling, poor grammer and complete lack of any punctuation all may have been key factors in deducing that this bloke is an utter spud.

He also may be 12.

Ah, school holidays.

u hav got 2 be kiddin its an internet forum and your worried bout grammer and spelling, oh sorry i forgot i was writing a letter 2 the queen

im not goin 2 name people on hear that wouldnt be right. i want 2 know wot u heard cause wot i heard was said is nothing at all.

Thats fair enough. Unfotunately I won't be at Inva rnd 3(Anzac Day) due to family committments. We could have discussed it in more detail then. Guess we will just have to wait until the return match at Winter Resort. As I said, I'm not going to post what was said either, just that it was a little worse than games over although that was mentioned about 15 times!

Thats fair enough. Unfotunately I won't be at Inva rnd 3(Anzac Day) due to family committments. We could have discussed it in more detail then. Guess we will just have to wait until the return match at Winter Resort. As I said, I'm not going to post what was said either, just that it was a little worse than games over although that was mentioned about 15 times!

yer well its probably best 2 leave it there, its all history now nothing will change it, wish i could be there 4 the return match but ill will probably hav moved 2 sydney by then, but it will be an interesting anzac day clash which hopefully is a good game of footy and nothing happens off the field, especially not on anzac day

Got a name? What was said at the Nth game was also disgraceful. Yep it made the papers. The reason Haami didn't react is because he didn't hear it. His brother did. Again, I love it when blokes say they are in the "know" because they once played at a club. I'll let you know that I was in the middle of it trying to calm the situation down during the last quarter. I may be going blind, but there is nothing wrong with my hearing. Take that as fact

Speaking of the "great man", I have heard a few rumblings over the preseason. It was alleged he was seen at Ammos training one evening, and then come round 1, I don't think he suited up.

Should we read anything into this Spider?

I guess we cant really take alot out of the Banno v Devils game. If that really was the injury list for corio then you can only say Banno flogged a team they had to.Corio will be much better with Cliffy running riot and Harry Potter Fergy and Nevada running around.And this is not a shot at Banno at all,I reckon this will be a cracker next time round and hopefully both teams are full strength.As for the blokes who do the Addy,not much support here.They seem to know the competition in general but they go over the same old players.Yeah Ricky is great,Skrobba and Lewis but some of the other old blokes mentioned havent had a kick in two years. Move with the times. Lastly on the player who goes with little fan fair,Patty I think his name is for East is a huge talent

Agree. Very versatile, can play as a mid, or lead out from FF. Great set of hands.

Blake Hutch' has trained the house down all preseason, was best on in round 1 for North at senior level, and cannot find a spot in the Falcons line-up. Am I missing something here?

as in blake "hutchy"? herd the name repeatedly in the paper n round geel a yr or so ago
whats he up to footywise these days

g'day boys
1st post all season so i will keep it short. This is my predicted GDFL ladder at the end of round 18
1. Thomson
2. Bell Post Hill
3. East
4. Corio
5. Banno
6. Anakie
7. North Geelong
8. Belmont
9. Inverleigh
10. Werribee
11. Winch
12. Geelong West

I guess we cant really take alot out of the Banno v Devils game. If that really was the injury list for corio then you can only say Banno flogged a team they had to.Corio will be much better with Cliffy running riot and Harry Potter Fergy and Nevada running around.And this is not a shot at Banno at all,I reckon this will be a cracker next time round and hopefully both teams are full strength.As for the blokes who do the Addy,not much support here.They seem to know the competition in general but they go over the same old players.Yeah Ricky is great,Skrobba and Lewis but some of the other old blokes mentioned havent had a kick in two years. Move with the times. Lastly on the player who goes with little fan fair,Patty I think his name is for East is a huge talent

i dunno why everyone expects so much from an old corio list that choke when ever they need to lift. They were out in straight sets last year when everyone was saying how good they are. Thomson thumped them twice, and they looked pretty bad against Bell Post Hill in there finals match. I still think that its either Thomson, Bell Post Hill, and East as the 3 main threats. Thomson, despite being reining premiers, are pretty underrated. Addy predicted them to finish 4th, which im sure they will take as an insult. Corio will be very happy if they did finish 3rd like the addy predicts.

i dunno why everyone expects so much from an old corio list that choke when ever they need to lift. They were out in straight sets last year when everyone was saying how good they are. Thomson thumped them twice, and they looked pretty bad against Bell Post Hill in there finals match. I still think that its either Thomson, Bell Post Hill, and East as the 3 main threats. Thomson, despite being reining premiers, are pretty underrated. Addy predicted them to finish 4th, which im sure they will take as an insult. Corio will be very happy if they did finish 3rd like the addy predicts.
yeah just like Bell Post Hill did last year when hitting the lead in the Grand final midway thru kicking with a 4 goal breeze! And east geelong the year before right corio off at your own peril, east still the team to beat and banno!:thumbsu:

Corios old list you are kidding = do your homework they would have one of ther youngest squads, they have 4 players over 30 stewart, Cornwell Otoole and Ruck!!!!! they apparently played 9 kids under 20 last week and why would you comment on last years form in relation to this year different year ********!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corios old list you are kidding do your homework they would have one of ther youngest squads, they have 4 players over 30 stewart, Cornwell Otoole and Ruck!!!!! they apparently played 9 kids under 20 last week and why would you comment on last years form in relation to this year different year ********!!!

kidding yourself Mate I think that you'll find that 4 players over 30 is probably considered to be old for GD seniors and i bet also that Corio has alot close to the 30 mark. I know winch only has one over 30 and the next oldest is 26... and I'm sure other sides are in the same boat.

kidding yourself Mate I think that you'll find that 4 players over 30 is probably considered to be old for GD seniors and i bet also that Corio has alot close to the 30 mark. I know winch only has one over 30 and the next oldest is 26... and I'm sure other sides are in the same boat.
Why has being over 30 become such an issue. Those corio guys would walk into any senior side in the gdfl. Look at Thomson last year, they would of had 8 blokes over 30 and a few close to the mark. If your good enough to play a roll in the team whats the issue? On this year though I think Thomson will struggle to make top 3, have lost some quality players.

nth geelong top 4 this year ;they have a great lot of young guys that have come up from u18s such as braydee watts u18s league best and fairest last year his a gun of a player very tough too play on;theres parker;hutchie awesum player one of the best young footballers i have seen play the game ' and schwennesen; i tell u nth r very good this year a great coach helps 4 started there the team this year

nth geelong top 4 this year ;they have a great lot of young guys that have come up from u18s such as braydee watts u18s league best and fairest last year his a gun of a player very tough too play on;theres parker;hutchie awesum player one of the best young footballers i have seen play the game ' and schwennesen; i tell u nth r very good this year a great coach helps 4 started there the team this year

yer true north have a great coach this year which will be a huge asset to the club an help all the young blokes find their feet. even though thompson have lost a few key players i still see them in the top 4 in sept
this hutchie bloke that keeps gettin mentioned, is that young gun played a bit north seniour footy last yr??
will be a great game next round with corio and north as ppeople keep saying corio are the ones to beat. who will win?

hutchie played 7 senior games 4 nth last year and came 3rd in the best and fairest.top footballer;with him and wattsy in the team there is no way corio will win. as 4 jed harry potter he is no longer with corio heard he wants 2 come 2 nth 2 play with hes cousins so big loss 2 the devils.

Hutchy can't get a game at falcons atm, north teammate grant armistead played falcons today, and other north player cal bartlett did his knee last week at training so hes out for the year. If hutchy keeps up the good work at North i daresay he'll be playing falcons soon. Good effort for a gdfl club to have 3 players in the 50 player falcons squad imo.

Why has being over 30 become such an issue. Those corio guys would walk into any senior side in the gdfl. Look at Thomson last year, they would of had 8 blokes over 30 and a few close to the mark. If your good enough to play a roll in the team whats the issue? On this year though I think Thomson will struggle to make top 3, have lost some quality players.

forgive me if im wrong mate, but from memory thomson only had 4 or 5 over 30, could you tell me who the 8 blokes were and the few around the mark? once again forgive me if im wrong but not sure how true this statement is

forgive me if im wrong mate, but from memory thomson only had 4 or 5 over 30, could you tell me who the 8 blokes were and the few around the mark? once again forgive me if im wrong but not sure how true this statement is
Wallace, Gardiner, Maheras, Harriott, Hyland, Menzies, Gerkovich, Denenman all 30+. Vardy, Costello, Lennon, Anderton close to 30. Costello and Lennon could be 30 now.

menzies, wallace, hyland, harriot, gardiner, denneman, dowie, gercovich, costello and noel reilly very close!:thumbsu:

hutchie played 7 senior games 4 nth last year and came 3rd in the best and fairest.top footballer;with him and wattsy in the team there is no way corio will win. as 4 jed harry potter he is no longer with corio heard he wants 2 come 2 nth 2 play with hes cousins so big loss 2 the devils.
potter is a cretainty at corio and has signed, you are kidding you will c 8 inclusions for the devils against north completely different side, have to make up 25 goals thats wat they beat you by last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back