GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd add that I have watched Centrals and Have a mate playing there.These ex Hoppers boys are Ex hoppers reserve players.Dont think they will be missed.The kids done there look good with some older boys coming back to the club apparently.Ive also been watching random gdfl games now I live out this way and I'd say Banno and Thommy tigers will fight it out this year.Very big strong looking teams.
Could be some competition for spots when injured players come back like coles form

We will be submitting a letter but nothing can be done about it, it cost us the game on saturday they kicked 5 goals when he was off and it was a wrong decision to send him off. If we do something now hopefully the umpires can learn from it and it doesnt happen to a side come finals because as we know theres no second chances in finals.
Don't bother submitting the letter Devils as nothing will come from it. The sending off of Skrob in the GF 3 years ago was a mistake, potentially cost East the flag (I say potentially because who knows what would have happened and I don't want to take any credit from the Belmont guys who played). We submitted a report to the umps and to the VCFL only to get an unofficial response that yes they agreed a mistake was made which was unfortunate but they would in no way confirm this officially. You will most likely get the same stiff shit response that we got.

word going around is that steven booley is makin a return in the ones after a year off and a few BOGs in the resis he is set to make a big return and make an impact in the team :)

CAN SOMEONE PLS ADVISE WEB SITE FOR GDFL BETTING.
several bets have been placed on centrals for flag is my info correct

My tips for this week:

Banno to beat Centrals
BPH to beat Anakie
Thomson to bounce back against Nth
Corio to get over Inva
East Geelong to beat West
Belmont to beat Winch

My tips for this week:

Banno to beat Centrals
BPH to beat Anakie
Corio to get over Inva
Belmont to beat Winch

Howdy Spider,
Tigers get to lick thier wounds with a week off after being mauled by Sth Barwon last Saturday. Might slip down to the resort for a tinny or 2 with the Wise Old Man. Heard a lot about that Duggan boy. Is he as good as they say he is? :thumbsu::thumbsdown:

Howdy Spider,
Tigers get to lick thier wounds with a week off after being mauled by Sth Barwon last Saturday. Might slip down to the resort for a tinny or 2 with the Wise Old Man. Heard a lot about that Duggan boy. Is he as good as they say he is? :thumbsu::thumbsdown:

You have really got to stop drinking with his old man:D. There's no doubt the young bloke can play, but any footballer who drinks raspberry cruisers on his 18th, needs to have a good hard look at themselves:p. I believe the Wise one has been quoted as saying it will be your shout all day for failing to front at the Tigers lair last weekend and forcing him to really scrape the barrel for a drinking partner!

My tips for this week:

Banno to beat Centrals
BPH to beat Anakie
Corio to get over Inva
Belmont to beat Winch

Banno just for me, give Centrals every chance though at home

Panthers easily

Thomson by a couple of goals

Inverleigh. now i finally tip them i bet they lose

East by a truckload

Belmont by around 40 points

big whisper parker is heading back to bph i work for his old man.. he said he wants to go back there be part of first ever flag would be very very handy back there.......

Centralz were down by 6 goals at quarter time but won by 5 goals in the end around that mark anyways.
Saw that game bannos footskills fantastic in 1st quarter but centrals lifted after a spray great leadership from leatch and burke and good targets in kitchen and cachia dont know who 29 is for cenrals but provides good drive centrals won by about 20 points after banno kicked last three goals thought watts Van Ingen and Naylon were good i think centrals are coming next fortnight will tell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw that game bannos footskills fantastic in 1st quarter but centrals lifted after a spray great leadership from leatch and burke and good targets in kitchen and cachia dont know who 29 is for cenrals but provides good drive centrals won by about 20 points after banno kicked last three goals thought watts Van Ingen and Naylon were good i think centrals are coming next fortnight will tell

Yeah was a good game to watch. #29 is Justin Johns(Johnsy) I belive. Centrals look a good side don't they.

word going around is that steven booley is makin a return in the ones after a year off and a few BOGs in the resis he is set to make a big return and make an impact in the team :)

Steven Booley could have been what Banno needed to win yesterday, looks like Banno dont reward their 2's players a game in the ones.

You have really got to stop drinking with his old man:D. There's no doubt the young bloke can play, but any footballer who drinks raspberry cruisers on his 18th, needs to have a good hard look at themselves:p. I believe the Wise one has been quoted as saying it will be your shout all day for failing to front at the Tigers lair last weekend and forcing him to really scrape the barrel for a drinking partner![/quote]

Come on spider the wise one actually really enjoys my company. He really enjoys my witty humour and sarcasm but for some reason he likes to come on big footy and take pot shots at me:confused::confused:

Some big results this weekend.GDFL is alive and well,because any side on their day is winning big games.Inverliegh are the real surprise pack,Centrals are looking very good from what i hear and finishing games off with ease.Nth Geelong look shacky after having not beaten much for the year,Newcomb might beat some teams they have.Look forward to going and maybe having a look at North v centrals match of the round.ANY THOUGHTS?

Some big results this weekend.GDFL is alive and well,because any side on their day is winning big games.Inverliegh are the real surprise pack,Centrals are looking very good from what i hear and finishing games off with ease.Nth Geelong look shacky after having not beaten much for the year,Newcomb might beat some teams they have.Look forward to going and maybe having a look at North v centrals match of the round.ANY THOUGHTS?

that is a ridiculous sentence,
1. newcomb arent even in the GDFL
2. newcomb wouldnt beat any side they got

loving how unpredictable the league is in 2009, very open premiership race:thumbsu:

right now you'd have to say there are 3 groups

Top Line (Finals certainties) - Bell Post Hill, Banno, Thomson

Expected Contenders (the remaining 2 should come from this group) - East Geelong, Werribee, North Geelong

Still in with a sniff (but they'd want to get moving) - Corio, Belmont, Inverleigh

really starting to heat up!

You have really got to stop drinking with his old man:D. There's no doubt the young bloke can play, but any footballer who drinks raspberry cruisers on his 18th, needs to have a good hard look at themselves:p. I believe the Wise one has been quoted as saying it will be your shout all day for failing to front at the Tigers lair last weekend and forcing him to really scrape the barrel for a drinking partner![/quote]

Come on spider the wise one actually really enjoys my company. He really enjoys my witty humour and sarcasm but for some reason he likes to come on big footy and take pot shots at me:confused::confused:

That wasn't exactly how he put it Saturday, young tim:D. I thought he was being rather unfair myself, but he just waffled on about how you all looked up to him like he was some sort of footy god...

O'Hara kicked a bag in the 2's. Drpped, or returning from injury? His form in the early rounds was ordinary from a bloke of his size, skill and athleticisim.

The most timid sportsman in Geelong.
May it also be said that anyone could kick a bag against West 2's.
He won't get near it this week when the Roo boys rough him up.
Also a great return for the great Cy in the 2's saturday, good to see him running around.
For BPH, Fantella must go into the 1s, dismantled a disapointing Anakies 2's outfit.
Saliba again played well AGAIN for the Roo's, we win enough games he might be there abouts Whitley night.

The most timid sportsman in Geelong.
May it also be said that anyone could kick a bag against West 2's.
He won't get near it this week when the Roo boys rough him up.
Also a great return for the great Cy in the 2's saturday, good to see him running around.
For BPH, Fantella must go into the 1s, dismantled a disapointing Anakies 2's outfit.
Saliba again played well AGAIN for the Roo's, we win enough games he might be there abouts Whitley night.

Anakie are terrible in both seniors and reserves, i woud'nt be suprised if they folded in the next 2-3 years. Would struggled against Geelong West

Hello timmy.Havent seen you on here for a while.Bit hard to type with a sore hand.:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back