GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True you wouldn't think he'd leave this season as i believe the clearanc's have stopped but who know's what will happen next season.

Funny that Pat Nolan say's that he's heard these rumours floating around but no one else has.

Surely a journalist wouldn't stoop so low that he's bought up a rumour that was circulating on here along time ago? But with the ablettiser and geelong news you neve know:D
Clearances close 30 June i believe.

I reckon Patty should just take a step back and concerntrate on what happens on the field. Don't try and break the big breaking news, especially if your source is a forum. Leave that the big boys. As a journo, you report the facts and then no one can critisize you. You should've learnt that in ALJ101...

True you wouldn't think he'd leave this season as i believe the clearanc's have stopped but who know's what will happen next season.

Funny that Pat Nolan say's that he's heard these rumours floating around but no one else has.

Surely a journalist wouldn't stoop so low that he's bought up a rumour that was circulating on here along time ago? But with the ablettiser and geelong news you neve know:D

Pat Nolan's a student who occasionly writes I'm pretty sure. He's probably got a lot to learn and if his article was based on rumours from here I'm sure he'll know he's made a mistake and not do it again.

Spider36 of whoever you are, being a long-time reader of this forum I find your comments both irritating and bias. For heavens sake if someone identifies something wrong about your beloved Belmont Lions you jump on here, get all defensive then complain if someone doesn't notify the forum of their real name, occupation, football club, grade. It's an anonymous webiste and if those people posting wish to remain anonymous they shall do so.

yeah I do get a bit worked up and sometimes go over the top. Of course I get the shits if someone has a crack at my beloved Belmont. Sometimes my passion overrides my brain, but I make no apologies for that at all. Just hate when so called people in the know talk out of school. Thats all

Just received my weekly copy of the Geelong News. Interesting rumour in there regarding Haami Williams and the fact that there is a rumour doing the rounds that Haami is heading back to Ammos.

What a load of crap. Where do these so called jouros get this stuff (i know on here mostly) but even this one hasnt been on here.

I am sure Spider will be able to confirm this as utter fiction but it is just another example of poor journalism this time by Pat Nolan. Hey Pat did you actually think to bother calling Belmont FC to check if this is true, i am sure you havent.

Sorry muttonchops, 1st I've heard of this new development.

Pat Nolan's a student who occasionly writes I'm pretty sure. He's probably got a lot to learn and if his article was based on rumours from here I'm sure he'll know he's made a mistake and not do it again.

I dont think anyone's got a problem with him being a young student. We all start off as students or apprentices or whatever and we become better at what we do with practice and from learning off others etc.

But writing shit in a paper that alot of people read without knowing the full story or hearing 2nd hand info can cause alot of riffs within footy clubs as can people coming on here making up shit to.

i think kick it a very low act as well as being racial. elzinga should have been rubbed out for a very long time. as a former coach he should set a better example so in my opinion he is a weak dog

ha ha ha i readthe geelong news does anyone know if
pat nolan and milky mahoney are a couple cos they both have shit local footy rumors

But it seems as if the gdfl doesnt really have the reputation that it had a few years ago and these sort of incidents seem to be pretty much non exsistent in the gdfl anymore.
Tim the GDFL reputation was built upon unsavoury incidents throughout the 80's and early 90's. It has been a long time since weak behind the pay acts were a standard feature of the league so people need to move on and have a look at what has gone on for the past 15 years which has been good hard footy in the main.

The primary reason why the GDFL refuse to cooperate with the Advertiser in regard to reports, etc is that they sensationalise this crap which perpetuates a reputation that no longer exists.

No-one complains about the reputation of the GFL or BFL but have a look at the number of investigations that have been held over the past couple of year related to off the play matters and then compare this to the number in the GDFL.

I am not saying there is no sniping/brawling/etc in the GDFL as this would be naive but in my time playing and being associated with a GD club (15+ years) I have only seen 2 incidents that most would categorise as unacceptable.

enough bull shit talk, tips for the weekend.......

corio too easy over anakie
winc and inverleigh, close game inverleigh by a goal or two
werribee should smash belmont
thompson v geelong west, thompson by 200 points
north v bell post, i hate to say it, but this could be a big upset of the round..... north geelong will get up cause there long over due for a win, and bell post hill are too up themselfs...
banno v east, another tight one, but banno by a couple

I think Haami has left Belmont,Because i drove down to the duck pond to watch what i thought would be a good contest and Haami was a no show.There was a Chubby bloke that looked like him wearing his old jumper,but just failed to go near the prune.Calbert dominated for the centurians.Mahoney was a standout for the lions keeping kitchen below par.Big game between Wbee Centrals and Bell post at Winter reserve.Is it match of the round?

I think Haami has left Belmont,Because i drove down to the duck pond to watch what i thought would be a good contest and Haami was a no show.There was a Chubby bloke that looked like him wearing his old jumper,but just failed to go near the prune.Calbert dominated for the centurians.Mahoney was a standout for the lions keeping kitchen below par.Big game between Wbee Centrals and Bell post at Winter reserve.Is it match of the round?

OMG do you even know what you are talking about:confused:
Why would werribee and bell post play at winters reserve for one
as to Haami get off the issue it's old and dried up. Get a life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you mean W.H.Myers Reserve Scoobiesnack you obviously don't follow your GDFL Footy very closely. The Belmont boys didn't even get going until the last quarter and the centrals had well and truely bolted. Can't see the lions playing finals football on that performance.

OMG do you even know what you are talking about:confused:
Why would werribee and bell post play at winters reserve for one
as to Haami get off the issue it's old and dried up. Get a life.

I think that is the exact issue he was raising with Haami, he is too old and fat to compete any more. Old age, a slow metabolisim and poor diet have finally got the better of him.

Hey scoobie i think you may of had to many cones with shaggy.:D:D

Watched Clifford and Manning kick 15 goals between them on the weekend. With Billy Nicholls to also come back in they have the firepower up front to kick winning scores, although they are a pretty slow team with the majority of the midfielders looking old and reaction times are down.

Devils, was there anything further action from the massive fights both on & off field over the weekend?

Sounds interesting, anymore details you could give?

It was always going to be a rather spiteful game with Lazzarich returning to his old stomping ground. A fair bit of niggle all game, some very choice words from the crowd directed at Corio players.

Not sure what kicked off the crowd fight as I was over the other side of the ground.

It was always going to be a rather spiteful game with Lazzarich returning to his old stomping ground. A fair bit of niggle all game, some very choice words from the crowd directed at Corio players.

Not sure what kicked off the crowd fight as I was over the other side of the ground.

Corio v Anakie, some things will never change and they say the GDFL has improved this sort of stuff.

Watched Clifford and Manning kick 15 goals between them on the weekend. With Billy Nicholls to also come back in they have the firepower up front to kick winning scores, although they are a pretty slow team with the majority of the midfielders looking old and reaction times are down.

Devils, was there anything further action from the massive fights both on & off field over the weekend?

There was nothing in any of it, just a good hard contest all day (its called football) and the fight off field u might be better of asking someone from anakie i heard about it but dont know anything about it.

There was nothing in any of it, just a good hard contest all day (its called football) and the fight off field u might be better of asking someone from anakie i heard about it but dont know anything about it.

There were a few fists thrown on field Devils but yes I was mainly interested in the fight off field.

Sorry for my mistake Wheely,I'll make sure it doesnt happen again.haha. Manning is a front runner and a player who runs one way but in saying that he is a gun.Leigh clifford can fight it out with calbert as to who is the best chf in the comp

Corio v Anakie, some things will never change and they say the GDFL has improved this sort of stuff.
Chops what I was refering to was blokes getting knocked out off the ball, unexpectedly resulting in a league investigation. No-one can control the crowds and from what I understand a couple of blokes having a good clean stoush is not dirty footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back