Geelong and District Football League 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you here, DEVILS, having been thru the same thing (still going thru it). While some of the posts have very valid points, its not easy to turn it round in a season. While, if you are honest, you will be very disappointed with the seniors going out in sraight sets, off the field things seem to be humming along just nicely. A far cry from where they were just a few short years ago.:thumbsu:

Definitely disappointed spider

Off field I am still undecided. Will let the members decide come the AGM if I am still the right man for the job. On field, will go around for my usual 10 games. As always will wait until about round 6 or 7 when the pace has gone out of the 2s:D

VOTE 1 Mark "spider" Brady.

He is doing a great job (along with his wife sue) and has full support.

Go the Lions!

Anyone know what Scroba is doing in 2009?
I heard he is staying at East but Milky Mahoney reported in the addy he has signed with Newtown?

I heard he is staying at East but Milky Mahoney reported in the addy he has signed with Newtown?
Has agreed to stay and COACH East on the proviso he gets re-accreditated as a coach by vcfl.You would hope common sense will prevail, as he has already knocked back an offer to coach Echuca and play at Hoppers Crossing, i think he's good for our league. Have any coaching appointments been made or has anyone got any player movement news.:thumbsu:

Yeah i agree that Skroba is great for the comp.. he's a really nice guy from what i've gathered, just had a brain fade at the end of last year.. would be a shame to see him leave the league

Just a few things to clarify...

Skrobba's accreditation was revoked over an off field incident... nothing to do with his sending off in the 2007 GDFL grand final...

It was Tatura, not Echuca who were chasing him (good decision the Goulburn Valley Bulldogs are struggling)

Good luck in 2009 Skrobba!

Dont know whether you would put much stock in what Milky is putting in the paper at the moment, he has column inches to fill and thats what he is doing.

In regard to Scrob he has told East he is staying and I understand he was going to put pen to paper in the last couple of weeks.

From were the club was at the start of 2006 when it neally folded to were it is now is a complete turn around in 2006 and 2007 we never made finals and last year was probably our worst year in 10 years on the field so to finish third at the end of the home and away season in 2008 was a great achievement. The club is now in the best position on and off the field it has ever been in and the next 5 years will be very exciting times at the devils den. There are no players leaving as far as the club knows and another 10 very keen to come across and with 3 or 4 juniors stepping up next year it can only add more depth to our already strong club.
Good luck to Reserves in the Granny:thumbsu:

Definitely disappointed spider

You would be dissapointed as a lot of your mob had a GF birth pencilled in as a minimum therefore straight sets must be seen as a failure.

From were the club was at the start of 2006 when it neally folded to were it is now is a complete turn around in 2006 and 2007 we never made finals and last year was probably our worst year in 10 years on the field so to finish third at the end of the home and away season in 2008 was a great achievement. The club is now in the best position on and off the field it has ever been in and the next 5 years will be very exciting times at the devils den. There are no players leaving as far as the club knows and another 10 very keen to come across and with 3 or 4 juniors stepping up next year it can only add more depth to our already strong club.
Good luck to Reserves in the Granny:thumbsu:

I know your well entrenched within the footy club Dev, but I'm lead to believe that quite a few will be moving on next year. Maybe it's these blokes who were not good enough anyway, but 2 years in a row of massive player turnover would be unsettleing I would think. Anyone?

On top of that, you will need to pay more than the "so called" $35,000 you paid this year to attract another 10.

I know your well entrenched within the footy club Dev, but I'm lead to believe that quite a few will be moving on next year. Maybe it's these blokes who were not good enough anyway, but 2 years in a row of massive player turnover would be unsettleing I would think. Anyone?

On top of that, you will need to pay more than the "so called" $35,000 you paid this year to attract another 10.

To say certain individuals didnt pull there socks up is a bit harsh, I think it was a "team thing" the last 2 weeks that we coulnt produce the goods..
Look as Dev said, as a club in general we have had a great year and things will get even better.
I dont think a new coach and new players he attracted to the club was unsettleing.The experience what some of the new guys have brought to the club has been invaluable.
In 2007 was our worst year for a decade, so getting some old and new faces back at the club in all fairness, was a positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To say certain individuals didnt pull there socks up is a bit harsh, I think it was a "team thing" the last 2 weeks that we coulnt produce the goods..
Look as Dev said, as a club in general we have had a great year and things will get even better.
I dont think a new coach and new players he attracted to the club was unsettleing.The experience what some of the new guys have brought to the club has been invaluable.
In 2007 was our worst year for a decade, so getting some old and new faces back at the club in all fairness, was a positive.
I wouldnt buy into anything anyone says about whos coming or going at the moment.

Yeh, I’m with you 19th, and I'm going to give an honest assessment of what some people think, some people! To add further to yours and other comments, lack of fitness a key, too many players playing for themselves and playing selfish footy and not playing team footy. Kicking the ball to mates is kids stuff, but it happened regularly. On paper, these names, these players, plus some bloody good kids, they should have won, should be playing in 2 weeks and could have been challenging Thomson. If they keep them all, ALL do a big pre-season in 2009, all commit to each other 100% of the time, add something like recognition for assists and not playing ME ME ME football, they would win it. Who's going to say that though? They ooze class and skill when they are up, they have hard tough nuts also and people respect and know that, but they get ahead of themselves and forget what any of you know, 1%ers and team and unselfish footy win games, and people know this also. Get any team off their game plan or unsettle them, and you increase your chances of winning, get the Devils of their game, and add finals to it, and you beat them. I for one would love to see everything click, they could be awesome, but ... ... ... ...

BPH get home easily...

Thomson v Bell Post Hill in the Grand Final

i'm leaning towards the Panthers to be honest..

tip

bannockburn by 47pts​
Not sure who you are but you may have got a red card for knowing stuff all about local footy...You picked St Josephs, South Barwon and Bannockburn by all by heaps. Is that what the administrator gave you a card for. You have no credibility on this forum.:rolleyes:

Not sure who you are but you may have got a red card for knowing stuff all about local footy...You picked St Josephs, South Barwon and Bannockburn by all by heaps. Is that what the administrator gave you a card for. You have no credibility on this forum.:rolleyes:

say it agen:rolleyes:

At least he picked the mighty AMMO'S

Thomson will beat BPH by 15 goals this week, I have no doubt.
Speaking with a former club president the other day some of Thomsons out last time they met included: J.McLeod, B.McLeod, R.Vardy, J. Gercovich, T.Gardiner, G.Wallace among a few others in game Thomson dominated all day till BPH snatched it late.
Great effort BPH but I think you might come up well short against the power of Thomson that has had plenty of rest in the last month.

oh there is no doubt Thomson are the favourites, but stranger things have happened.. BPH are in bloody unreal form.. who knows what the week off will do to Thomson? it's always are a hard one. Sometimes it works a treat and they are fresh and firing.. other times it kills the momentum and they take too long to get back into it and before you know it you're 5 goals behind...

i don't think there will be an awful lot in this game.. 10 points either way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back