Geelong and District Football League 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a player having played all teams to date.Corio by far the most dangerous team.taking nothing away from other final contenders but if they can play good footy with imploding as they have in past years they will be to strong come August.Too many forwards and on ballers to stop.Backline is their major concern but no matter how many goals ruck and king leak the forwards can kick enough to win.What do people other think.
Agree totally, their backline is shyte.

You mean King is still getting a game, how many times has this bloke failed in finals?

My spies at torquay tell me koefod played a lot of footy at CHF and FF during his time there. Given his time out of the game I would think he would play out of the goal square (maybe check with skrobbalak) which would make him a key position player. Be interesting to see where he does play, who knows Guru we may both be right. If what i've been told is right he can also look after himself.when it comes to the GDFL tough stuff. ;)
He would be 5ft 10 at best and not a big goalkicker he will get a good first up taste of gdfl footy when he takes on the devils at home saturday should be a very tight game could go either way:thumbsu:

Agree totally, their backline is shyte.

You mean King is still getting a game, how many times has this bloke failed in finals?
King played 2s last week will struggle to get back in i hear not fit enough apparently, agree back line a concern but when ya have a midfield and forward line who have kicked 35more goals than any other team they are still in prime position, I think Thomson are the sleeping giants??

Couldn't make it to the game myself and haven't heard much feedback from the Thomsom v Bannockburn game on the weekend except that Thomson were too strong over the ball and Bannockburn need to get on the weights if they want to stand up to the physical nature of finals football. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Couldn't make it to the game myself and haven't heard much feedback from the Thomsom v Bannockburn game on the weekend except that Thomson were too strong over the ball and Bannockburn need to get on the weights if they want to stand up to the physical nature of finals football. Can anyone elaborate on this?

from what i've heard thomson just wanted to win more.. Bannock does perhaps have smaller bodies and it showed in Round 1 against Thomson (i was at that game) but i don't think it was that bigger factor this time around.. i mean if you're on top of the ladder i'm pretty sure you can cope with the physicality of the competition.. seemed more like a mental thing more than anything.. thomson really got themselves up for this game and perhaps it was the downer bannock was always going to have before finals..

they've never been a burly side, but they are no strangers to finals footy.
They love playing on wide open spaces like their ground and St Albans suits their game.
They have been renowed for their mosquito fleet over the years.
I wouldnt write them off just coz Thomson knocked them off!

Heard on K Rock Scott Mills is no longer coaching Winch?

Would have been a tough gig.

Spoke to Millsy yesterday and he is coaching till the end of the season.
Rumour has it that the club are looking for a playing coach around the age of 30. Says a fair bit about Millsys character. Alot of blokes would have walked if they were told that during the season

Spoke to Millsy yesterday and he is coaching till the end of the season.
Rumour has it that the club are looking for a playing coach around the age of 30. Says a fair bit about Millsys character. Alot of blokes would have walked if they were told that during the season

I would have thought that winch should be more worried about recruiting some locals and trying to rebuild their playing list, preferably from some local talent rather than importing players . laying the whole blame on the coach and sacking him isnt going to solve their problems

I would like to hear from everyone else on this forum, what are your thoughts on the standard of umpiring in the gdfl at the moment, me personally, i think it is absoloutly disgracefull,if they dont do something about the standard soon, somebody is going to get seriously injured.:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to hear from everyone else on this forum, what are your thoughts on the standard of umpiring in the gdfl at the moment, me personally, i think it is absoloutly disgracefull,if they dont do something about the standard soon, somebody is going to get seriously injured.:thumbsdown:

haven't seen too much but generally they arent too bad, no worse than the bfl, gfl is obviously a step up as the play moves faster and the umpires need to be quicker in there observations.

gdfl however do miss alot of behind the play incidents i find.

haven't seen too much but generally they arent too bad, no worse than the bfl, gfl is obviously a step up as the play moves faster and the umpires need to be quicker in there observations.

gdfl however do miss alot of behind the play incidents i find.
Steamy I know its your opinion but dont propogate a myth that hasn't been true for at least the past decade. The GDFL is the only league in Geelong that in the past 5 years hasn't had a behind play incident investigated.

Steamy I know its your opinion but dont propogate a myth that hasn't been true for at least the past decade. The GDFL is the only league in Geelong that in the past 5 years hasn't had a behind play incident investigated.

But if my memory is ok, didnt one of your guys at East about 5 yrs ago, got rubbed out for about 7 yrs for misconduct in a scratch match.

[/b]

But if my memory is ok, didnt one of your guys at East about 5 yrs ago, got rubbed out for about 7 yrs for misconduct in a scratch match.
10 for contact with an umpire (pushed him in the chest) in a praccy match with Anglesea reported straight away, however that is not an off the ball incident (e.g. a king hit) and that is what steamy is on about.

IMO the best ones are the club umpires in the 2's. They know most of the players so can have a chat to players during the game. They don't over officiate so players dont get frustrated by not knowing what a free kick was for and the bulk of the players realise that they are doing it on a volunteer basis and show some respect (you generally cop more crap from your own team). From what I have seen in the 2's there have been few issues in regards to untoward behaviour exept for the usual push and shove.

G&DFL umpires are hopeless, they need to know that it's not about them people are there to watch the players not them. Sometimes i feel they get caught up and want to have an impacted on the game. The best umpires are the ones you don't notice during a game.

G&DFL umpires are hopeless, they need to know that it's not about them people are there to watch the players not them. Sometimes i feel they get caught up and want to have an impacted on the game. The best umpires are the ones you don't notice during a game.

What craps me off is the GDFL consistently being the one coping umpire non-appointments versus the BFL and GFL. Like to know how much Footy Geelong are paying the GFUL for the treatment.

too true,you hit the nail on the head!!!

I would have thought that winch should be more worried about recruiting some locals and trying to rebuild their playing list, preferably from some local talent rather than importing players . laying the whole blame on the coach and sacking him isnt going to solve their problems

the club has no under16s or under18s so there isnt many/any players comin thro the jnrs nd its not gunna hepl with 20+ players from last yrs list moving 2 other clubs, ther is no depth at winch

the club has no under16s or under18s so there isnt many/any players comin thro the jnrs nd its not gunna hepl with 20+ players from last yrs list moving 2 other clubs, ther is no depth at winch
if thats the case the GDFL should send them packing back 2 the Colac league.

i know that inverhawk and jaychawk have gone missing, but the umpiring yesterday ant inverleigh v thomson was an embarrasing joke. must have been at least 15 50m penalties. and 70+ free kicks. it was both ways but so frustrating to watch. one was a senior gfl umpire who ran around with a younger umpire not setting a good example.
after yesterday, something needs to be said and done. not up to scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back