Geelong and District Football League 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% there almost worse than rumours, it's just stuff he makes up to fill in his colum.
Skroba had signed up for 2 years well before that article went in the paper, maybe the addy and Milky should try this "RESEARCH"

As much as it pains me to do it, I have to stick up for Milky here. His column is just that, rumor and gossip. I know that he tries to take a light hearted look at footy and reports what he has been told. Most of the stuff he reports is common knowledge within footy circles. If you have any involvement with a club, you would know that the footy community is a hot bed of rumor.
On the other hand, the advertiser is nothing but a Geelong Football Club Record. Having had the "pleasure" of speaking to their reporters on numerous occasions, only for them to totally misquote everything I have said, I would agree that they not only don't know anything about local footy, they make no attempt to research what they print. I'm not even going to start about the quality of write ups we get. Just remember though, the addy do sponsor Football Geelong, so of course they are going to ignore our league as much as possible.

Any truth to the rumors six corio players are taking the club to court over non payment? I heard one player wouldn't even get his gear from the car before the last game until they gave him a cheque.
i cant believe im even responding too such a stupid comment but if you have any questions about player payments i think its best to ask every contracted player at corio and its safe to say every player has been payed and the club have already resigned 90% of its list so i think things are quite fine at the devils den and will only get better from year to year from here on in

Congratulations to Thomson on their GF win, well deserved. Bad luck to BPH on losing but a great effort to get where they did from fifth position. Silly season begins again and no doubt it wont take long for rumours to start about whos going where. Any early ones?

Moving to Bendigo in 2009?

Sandhurst Dragons, Bendigo Football League, looking for interested key position players.

Fantastic facilities, team of trainers and dedicated club doctor, good social club and best ground in central Vic - Bendigo Bombers (VFL) use it, so up to AFL standard.

Send any queries to my mailbox.

Congratulations to Thomson on their GF win, well deserved. Bad luck to BPH on losing but a great effort to get where they did from fifth position. Silly season begins again and no doubt it wont take long for rumours to start about whos going where. Any early ones?

Zaparenkov to the hill? Apparently close friends with grgic also scotty verner to the hill? wants out of corio

Will inverleigh chase some experience to compliment their youth?

Will winchelsea attract anyone?

Hardingham done with Weribee?

If the fop takes over the coaching reigns at Nth who will we he bring with him?

Zaparenkov to the hill? Apparently close friends with grgic also scotty verner to the hill? wants out of corio

have heard bph will spend big money again to buy a flag zap and verner wouldnt come cheap wouldnt b suprised if they had a crack at hardingham if he is leaving werribee need someone to help justin tarr

Have heard rumor grgic going back to bell park , dean talbot to bell post hill.

have heard bph will spend big money again to buy a flag zap and verner wouldnt come cheap wouldnt b suprised if they had a crack at hardingham if he is leaving werribee need someone to help justin tarr

bph most have alot of money on offer 2 buy zap and verner. if they have a crack at hardingham he has a big price tag on himself after what winch then werribee paid him

bph most have alot of money on offer 2 buy zap and verner. if they have a crack at hardingham he has a big price tag on himself after what winch then werribee paid him

hopefully hardingham stays with weribee as they have a bright future you would think after winning the 18s flag the last two years and they could do with his experience

hopefully hardingham stays with weribee as they have a bright future you would think after winning the 18s flag the last two years and they could do with his experience

The problem with Werribee is holding onto those kids. They start wit Centrals but then get paoched by Werribee, Hoppers and the like with big money. They also seem to be a tight group and won't play higher, even if there good enough to stay with there mates. Centrals have a good junior program but it isn't translating to senior success

The problem with Werribee is holding onto those kids. They start wit Centrals but then get paoched by Werribee, Hoppers and the like with big money. They also seem to be a tight group and won't play higher, even if there good enough to stay with there mates. Centrals have a good junior program but it isn't translating to senior success
No disrespect but this appears to contradict what you said in your first sentence.

I would like to also know how many kids from centrals have been poached by Hoppers Crossing and Werribee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any news on blue west?
will they improve next year or slip back into the mediocrity they have been associated with for the better part of a decade?

Word around Werribee is that they have signed David Leitch form Hoppers Crossing and formely Darley as their senior coach for 2009. Leitch 32 has played last 3 years in the WRFL with The Warriors. Apparently he beat a pretty impressive list of applicants for the position including Keenan Reynolds and Cameron Wright both former AFL players.

i heard 2day that tmg is not happy at banno i have been told he is talking 2 otway districts

Heard he got made to cry by the bannock boys on Mad Monday as he's been knocking off a senior players missus.. Wont be there next year.. most disrespected player in geelong

wtf? TMG is a great bloke, what a crap rumour.. if TMG leaves it's not because the players don't like him.. hell, he's the reason they got anywhere near a grand final berth... if they are shoving him out the door then they're kidding themselves

i cant believe im even responding too such a stupid comment but if you have any questions about player payments i think its best to ask every contracted player at corio and its safe to say every player has been payed and the club have already resigned 90% of its list so i think things are quite fine at the devils den and will only get better from year to year from here on in
Fair enough but I was asking a question, not making a comment. I heard it off of a couple of different people and thought it was worth asking the question.

Now that Fopiani is confirmed at North what impact do people think he can make on the club? Is he bringing names with him? Is he going to stick with the youth they had playing this year?

Heard he got made to cry by the bannock boys on Mad Monday as he's been knocking off a senior players missus.. Wont be there next year.. most disrespected player in geelong

I think this is pretty well common knowledge...although with local footy alot of common knowledge is wrong

dont count the best CHF to play at centrals in heath buck, out of the coaching position. is held in very high regards around the club and would be a better fit than keenan and wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back