GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not surprised at all with that, after they tossed a coin for last seasons "Team of the Year" how would they be able to select an interleague team?

Not happy with the selected 21 face?

I think the team is listed on the GDFL website, where did they go wrong? I thought it was an even balance, not too many surprises.

11 Unavailable - Name Them :confused::confused::confused:
o'toole, king, mostert, nolan, bauman, aitkin, harris, bigham, smith, shelly and i didn't think manning would've been cleared but he was.
but good result considering we had 6 guys over 35 and the reason no kids got a run before the old fellas was down to training. the guys that did pre season get priority for the first month atleast.
But we wont get ahead of ourselves its only 1 game.

o'toole, king, mostert, nolan, bauman, aitkin, harris, bigham, smith, shelly and i didn't think manning would've been cleared but he was.
but good result considering we had 6 guys over 35 and the reason no kids got a run before the old fellas was down to training. the guys that did pre season get priority for the first month atleast.

Surely you cannot mean darrly smith from the reserves if so then you honestly have issues. Craig shelly played reserves and struggled in the fitness area. Aitkin has been at every club in geelong i reckon trying to see who will offer the most coin to him. Doesnt Bauman play at anakie??

Not happy with the selected 21 face?

I think the team is listed on the GDFL website, where did they go wrong? I thought it was an even balance, not too many surprises.

Had mixed thoughts with the team, a few I would have picked before others, just I hear they pick the team with 75% of the season completed, theres still some big games to played at that stage of the year, finals need to be considered into this, also guys who kick goals and or high stats against bottom teams and not when it counts.
Would be an awesome squad available for this years interleague so why not stage that event? Versus the BFL? CDFL? Surely someone wants to play this type of game? Or why not stage an All Star type format if nobody is interested in playing the GDFL? 2 Squads, East vers West or....any other thoughts?

Carl Brodie from Newcomb what can be said about him, i see he is in the clearances for West Gambier in the Western Border fl !!

Carl can play football a strong mark, fairly good kick and hard at the ball, but is a loose cannon sometimes, if your club can control him he would be a good footballer in that league.

Both these players have left the club, Dev! A person of your knowledge around the club should know that. Add to that the players Whiskers mentioned, and yours down to 4-5.
Even so, a terriffic effort first up.

O'toole (yes), King (not a world beater & easy to replace), Mostert (the same as King), Nolan (waste of time, won't be there all year), Bauman (won't be in your best 22), Aitkin (forget it he aint playing), Harris (Don't know him), Bigham (Finished is only a 2's player), Smith (wont fire with verner & potter there), & Shelley is only a kid,
you need to come up with better than that DEVILS :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

habib would still be good down foward for a couple of goals. I noticed in the paper that justin tate was not named for bph, is the rumour true that he has handed back the cheque and not playing this season?

some big results after this weeks games.. anakie beatin belmont... i think anakie will b a suprise packet this yr.. and corio beatin east..

Was down at Victoria Park yesterday to watch the Bannockburn-Nth Geelong match and the tigers were looking the goods with a 10 goal plus win. With a few key players to come back in they could well be a force in 08. North not to be disheartened though with a few good young players starring particularly in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah north were missing a couple of players aswel...
hutch killed it in the middle after his decision of playing 1s all year..
future is also lookin good 4 the pies with alot of young players ready to step up and the under 18s lookin the goods aswel...!

some big results after this weeks games.. anakie beatin belmont... i think anakie will b a suprise packet this yr.. and corio beatin east..
how bout Inva beating thomson. the hawks are purring along. should be 2-0 if it hadn't been for our poor kicking round one. will be a cracker jack encounter this week when the hawks teach the devils a lesson.

how bout Inva beating thomson. the hawks are purring along. should be 2-0 if it hadn't been for our poor kicking round one. will be a cracker jack encounter this week when the hawks teach the devils a lesson.
look jayc your boys did beat the tiges on there own turf and i give credit to them, but the tiges would have pumped you blokes if they had kicked straight before halftime (1goal-11behinds). but for you to say that the hawks will teach the devs a lesson, your kidding yourself. yesterdays game at godfrey st was one of the worse performed games i have seen in a long time by thomson, and the hawks were at there best and beat us by 4pts, your boys are still going to be shitty. come next week thomy will be 2-1 and the hawks will 1-2.

look jayc your boys did beat the tiges on there own turf and i give credit to them, but the tiges would have pumped you blokes if they had kicked straight before halftime (1goal-11behinds). but for you to say that the hawks will teach the devs a lesson, your kidding yourself. yesterdays game at godfrey st was one of the worse performed games i have seen in a long time by thomson, and the hawks were at there best and beat us by 4pts, your boys are still going to be shitty. come next week thomy will be 2-1 and the hawks will 1-2.
and if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle.. you lost.. end of story

i hate how people make up for their teams losses, inverleigh did well by beating thomson like anakie did well beating belmont and west drawing with bell post hill. give these struggling side, who this year might be half decent, a go and stop worrying about teams that have been there and at the moment arent travelling so well. speaking of teams struggling, i think a certain backman from north geelong needs to have long hard look at himself after giving a goal away seconds after one had been kicked then followed up by SPITTING at the crowd.

I agree with City Tiger you got to be joking about the Hawks beat The devils Thomson just had a bad day out last week. watch out North this week

yeah north were missing a couple of players aswel...
hutch killed it in the middle after his decision of playing 1s all year..
future is also lookin good 4 the pies with alot of young players ready to step up and the under 18s lookin the goods aswel...!
yes i also got went with a few of my north shore colleagues to watch the bannockburn - nth game.. North seemed a little bit flat, turnovers proved very costly, none more so than a skinny young blonde headed kid. He woulda had close to 20 touches all of them turnovers

i hate how people make up for their teams losses, inverleigh did well by beating thomson like anakie did well beating belmont and west drawing with bell post hill. give these struggling side, who this year might be half decent, a go and stop worrying about teams that have been there and at the moment arent travelling so well. speaking of teams struggling, i think a certain backman from north geelong needs to have long hard look at himself after giving a goal away seconds after one had been kicked then followed up by SPITTING at the crowd.

Good job Geelong footy you are so correct.
Bell Post Hill need to get there heads out of the clouds and i have heard so many excuses as to why they drew against West. Lewis being sent off and players out are some of the lame excuses floating around. Sean Lewis , Moreland, Grgic, Fursland, Dickson, Bott, May, Tarr, Martin, Cavka, Kozina and Tate all played and Geelong West had 20 players out overall and there Reserves still managed to roll BPH and Sheedy had the balls to omit A.Spengler.
Stop under estimating the lower sides.

I agree with City Tiger you got to be joking about the Hawks beat The devils Thomson just had a bad day out last week. watch out North this week
was thomsons bad day out caused by themselves or did inverleigh put a lot of pressure on them, against east they seemed to be always there although they didnt score themselves, i think inverleigh are a defensively strong side. the total opposite can be said about west, i think sheeds have got them in a mindset of attacking and taking risks, it had belmont and bell post caught out at times. although playing with 17 for a whole game is a big disadvantage it shouldnt take away a very good effort from west.

ill have to agree with city tigers on this one, i cant see the hawks getting too close to corio. although they may be competetive they are still too young and experienced for my liking. how long till your back, not sure if theres a spot left for you with the spine already set and solid.

Go Hawks. We will send the devils straight back 2 where they belong..... HELL!!!!! And 2 all the people who think INVERLEIGH r no good well i invited all of u 2 come out 2 the hawkers nest on saturday and c just how good we r. All the people who thought thomson didnt play any good your right but they only played as good as the hawks allowed them. Shut down Macleod, shut down thomson. BOG lingy. GO HAWKS. Cant wait 4 the C plane 2 be bak in the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back