GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was thomsons bad day out caused by themselves or did inverleigh put a lot of pressure on them, against east they seemed to be always there although they didnt score themselves, i think inverleigh are a defensively strong side. the total opposite can be said about west, i think sheeds have got them in a mindset of attacking and taking risks, it had belmont and bell post caught out at times. although playing with 17 for a whole game is a big disadvantage it shouldnt take away a very good effort from west.
I can tell you now that thomy just had a bad day, they didnt get out of 1st gear all day and get beat by 4pts by a side that will not play any better than they did on saturday.

Go Hawks. We will send the devils straight back 2 where they belong..... HELL!!!!! And 2 all the people who think INVERLEIGH r no good well i invited all of u 2 come out 2 the hawkers nest on saturday and c just how good we r. All the people who thought thomson didnt play any good your right but they only played as good as the hawks allowed them. Shut down Macleod, shut down thomson. BOG lingy. GO HAWKS. Cant wait 4 the C plane 2 be bak in the side

That isn't a very well thought out comment there buddy. How can u say that when Glen Wallace, a GFL league medallist, is patrolling the half forward line? All credit to Inverleigh, they restricted Thomson all day, which combined with Thomson's poor skills, got the Hawks over the line. Just don't get too excited on thinking u've found the answer to shutting down Thomson by stopping one player, and don't get carried away with your expectations this week against Corio.

I can tell you now that thomy just had a bad day, they didnt get out of 1st gear all day and get beat by 4pts by a side that will not play any better than they did on saturday.

mate i might talk shit at times but at least i tell it like it is when it matters. Glen Wallace is a good footballer when he gets it delivered from a premier midfield...something you don't have. he also plays good when he takes the second defender sometimes third when Wells gets double teamed....unless macleod loses 10kg he will be taking the number one defender all season. you lost because you didn't have a ruckman all day. we had a guy 6'1 and unable to jump still out tap you all day. as for your 1 goal 11 6 of those were rushed behind so don't tell me you kicked yourself out of it. You also had 15 free kicks to 7 in the last half and the home ground atvantage. anyone at that game would admit it was scrappy but in the last 15 minutes your boys had NO run and looked old and tired. you may have had mahares and gerka out but we were also missing 2 key forwards and a couple of good runners so to say we won't play any better is a joke. it makes me sick that you can honestly try and defend your team. the dynasty is OVER.

we had a good look at them on a hot night a few weeks ago.
Everyone bagged corio on that night.
How things have changed in a couple of weeks.
Hey the hawks arent a bad side and will worry alot this year.
See you this week Invahawk

thompon kicked poorly cause of the hawks tackling pressure. trust me the hawks will only get better as the year goes on. still not at full strength. trotter not at full fitness yet. hickleton well held by his opponent. Starcevic queit till last quarter. and yet we won. keep knocking us and we will just keep marching on

that hot night a few weeks ago was nothing like the real inver side most of the top players were out that night. and yet in patches inver dominated corio.

Good job Geelong footy you are so correct.
Bell Post Hill need to get there heads out of the clouds and i have heard so many excuses as to why they drew against West. Lewis being sent off and players out are some of the lame excuses floating around. Sean Lewis , Moreland, Grgic, Fursland, Dickson, Bott, May, Tarr, Martin, Cavka, Kozina and Tate all played and Geelong West had 20 players out overall and there Reserves still managed to roll BPH and Sheedy had the balls to omit A.Spengler.
Stop under estimating the lower sides.

You are starting to sound like "Devils" from Corio. 20 players is a lot.

It seems to be the same old story for the Panthers, Disipline! Cannot blame anyone else but themselves.
Having said that, spoke to a bloke who saw the game, he made a comment that the free kick tally was 39-12 for GWSP. Now, not sure if that was sour grapes, but with 17 men, thats a huge difference.

Why was Spengler omitted? He was best in the paper for the 2's.

Good job Geelong footy you are so correct.
Bell Post Hill need to get there heads out of the clouds and i have heard so many excuses as to why they drew against West. Lewis being sent off and players out are some of the lame excuses floating around. Sean Lewis , Moreland, Grgic, Fursland, Dickson, Bott, May, Tarr, Martin, Cavka, Kozina and Tate all played and Geelong West had 20 players out overall and there Reserves still managed to roll BPH and Sheedy had the balls to omit A.Spengler.
Stop under estimating the lower sides.

With all those players mentioned for the Hill, there wouldn't be too many players who didn't line up would there?

Spengler omitted cause he never trains and thinks he is GW. Dont under estimate Blue west dont know how they hav done it but they hav improved so much from wot i here. if BPH dont get rid of lewis there not serious about winning game he has let them down so many times before and will keep doing so.

just thought i would throw 1 in there. i heard from a pretty good source today that one of corio's favourite sons has decided to whack $2000 on the dev's for the premiership. just take a stab who u think it maybe.

Spengler omitted cause he never trains and thinks he is GW. Dont under estimate Blue west dont know how they hav done it but they hav improved so much from wot i here. if BPH dont get rid of lewis there not serious about winning game he has let them down so many times before and will keep doing so.

what did lewis do to get sent off 3 mins in? sorry if its already been said...

was thomsons bad day out caused by themselves or did inverleigh put a lot of pressure on them, against east they seemed to be always there although they didnt score themselves, i think inverleigh are a defensively strong side. the total opposite can be said about west, i think sheeds have got them in a mindset of attacking and taking risks, it had belmont and bell post caught out at times. although playing with 17 for a whole game is a big disadvantage it shouldnt take away a very good effort from west.

i dont believe playing a man up all game and still playing a man loose in the backline was attacing, for the majority of the game west would have had at most 3 if not 2 people in there attacking half which left the rest in there defensive area creating no rooom for any flowing movement in bph's forward line.

bph's skills going into there forward 50 let them down time and time again especially in the dying minutes. discipline factor is still obvious, but as 19th man said the free kick tally 39-12 it was blatantly obvious that there definantly was not a fair judgement over the game it was appauling. 4-5 goals i think directly from free kicks to west. 2-3 from 50s which ended up lining up form the goalsquare

d.farrar out, m.ellis out, g.hammond out, lewis missed the game and tate with first run all year including training. in spurts bph showed it will be a goood side just it will take a bit of time to let these new guys and everyone to get it right with eachother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North geelong are a young side and are in the process of rebuilding.. there is alot of talent down at osbourne park andthe coaching staff are looking over the next 3-4 years not just this year... they will b a competitive side this year but arnt expecting biggest of things.. and as for th ebloke who spat on the blokes behind the goals... they were scumbags and givin it all day... if there gunna giv it they gotta be prepared to take it... tippical banno though.. always the mouthy bunch...

pretty sure spitting at someone is 1 of the dirtiest unphysical things that u can do. who is the scumbag. wot u said bout gotta be prepared 2 take it bak, doesnt apply wen u spit at somonebut u cant expect much from someone from north geelong which is virtually south corio. so it goes with the culture of that area

pretty sure spitting at someone is 1 of the dirtiest unphysical things that u can do. who is the scumbag. wot u said bout gotta be prepared 2 take it bak, doesnt apply wen u spit at somonebut u cant expect much from someone from north geelong which is virtually south corio. so it goes with the culture of that area
as much as i was not a fan of norths football saturday the bannockburn fans were being mouthy drunken rats.. perhaps they deserved there treatment.. also north geelong being south corio.. Mmm so im tipping your from highton.. when u line up against corio i'd like you to tell your opponent of your thoughts of him being scum, not just making comments to look tough on a forum.. the same garbage gets said bout us shories and im over it

as much as i was not a fan of norths football saturday the bannockburn fans were being mouthy drunken rats.. perhaps they deserved there treatment.. also north geelong being south corio.. Mmm so im tipping your from highton.. when u line up against corio i'd like you to tell your opponent of your thoughts of him being scum, not just making comments to look tough on a forum.. the same garbage gets said bout us shories and im over it

north shore, corio, norlane and north geelong people u dont do yourselves any favours your footy team r full of dirty players your streets r of ex barwon residents and footy teams not goin 2 name any 1 though but most people around the league know who the ex cons r. and not trying 2 look tough on a forum just tellin it how it is. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

north shore, corio, norlane and north geelong people u dont do yourselves any favours your footy team r full of dirty players your streets r of ex barwon residents and footy teams not goin 2 name any 1 though but most people around the league know who the ex cons r. and not trying 2 look tough on a forum just tellin it how it is. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yer the ex barwon residents sides seem to have won alot more games than inverleigh have in the last few years... scared to get your head over the pill perhaps...? mmmmm

i agree with u nickbrady all the inverleigh rats and banno 1s aswell are just dirty bush pigs and when they line up agianst the likes of corio they not very mouthy then coz they all shit themselfs... but on the forum they think there unstopable.. really like to see it happen.... BUSH PIGS[/Q

all the dirty players in the geelong footy leagues come out of corio, norlane, north shore and north geelong not the bush. us bush pigs r clean fighters unlike u all, always behind the play dog tactics but wen push comes 2 shove cant fight ya way out of a wet paper bag. just all a bunch of snakes and snippers.

yer the ex barwon residents sides seem to have won alot more games than inverleigh have in the last few years... scared to get your head over the pill perhaps...? mmmmm

yer ill agree wen i play corio and anakie(corio 2's) i like most people dont want 2 put my head over the footy not cause where scared because i would rather look like a sook than have 5 teeth and look like corio scum. i will say though its mainly only in reserves like u would expect and its not all players but there r a fair few that couldnt lay a fair tackle or sheppard 2 save their lives. there r a special few that shouldnt be allowed near a footy field

i hate how people make up for their teams losses, inverleigh did well by beating thomson like anakie did well beating belmont and west drawing with bell post hill. give these struggling side, who this year might be half decent, a go and stop worrying about teams that have been there and at the moment arent travelling so well. speaking of teams struggling, i think a certain backman from north geelong needs to have long hard look at himself after giving a goal away seconds after one had been kicked then followed up by SPITTING at the crowd.

yeh that certain North backmen's actions were disgusting, i was behind the goals when the incident occurred its just not on, crowd abuse is just a part of local footy and senior players shud b professional enough to ignore it, the umpire should hav put his name in the book for that

i agree with u nickbrady all the inverleigh rats and banno 1s aswell are just dirty bush pigs and when they line up agianst the likes of corio they not very mouthy then coz they all shit themselfs... but on the forum they think there unstopable.. really like to see it happen.... BUSH PIGS

dirty bushpigs?? mate dont drag Bannockburn into this and no-body shits themselves against the likes of Corio, if they were actually Corio people it might be a different story but because they are all paid players from different places they actually have a few teeth and mums more than 18 years older than them

Heard on the weekend that "interleague football" is once again scrapped for season 08. Can anyone confirm this?

With an abundance of talent at the leagues disposal, it would be disappointing not to be able to showcase it.
Interleague is apparently off becuase no other league wants to play us!!!!

Bring on the Bellarine if they're brave enuf

some big results after this weeks games.. anakie beatin belmont... i think anakie will b a suprise packet this yr.. and corio beatin east..

I had a look at Analie on the weekend and was pretty impressed. Gavin's got them playing different footy to last year. They should be thereabouts in 16 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back