GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate i watched ure league it's shit.thats all there is to it.

P.S get a kick

me.jpg

Havent heard much about Bannockburn. Does anyone know much about them?
They were right in it against Thomson in round 1 until Thomson kicked away in the last quarter and they snuck home against Nth Geelong on the weekend after winchelsea beat the Magpies by 15 points the week before. They will be strenghtened by the return of Mullane-Grant but they will be one of about 3 teams fighting for 5th spot come the end of the year. They were grandfinalists last year in a year when the competition was a little weaker than it is looking this year with the improvement of East, Belmont and Winchelesa.

They were right in it against Thomson in round 1 until Thomson kicked away in the last quarter and they snuck home against Nth Geelong on the weekend after winchelsea beat the Magpies by 15 points the week before. They will be strenghtened by the return of Mullane-Grant but they will be one of about 3 teams fighting for 5th spot come the end of the year. They were grandfinalists last year in a year when the competition was a little weaker than it is looking this year with the improvement of East, Belmont and Winchelesa.

Thanks for the overview, sounds like they will be strong again.
See there are some interesting games this weekend.
Does anyone know who is match of the round this week?
You would think it will be either
BPH V NTH GEELONG
or
WINCH V EAST

Can anyone tell me how Cory Battye (Bell Post) is going this season. Played with him @ Melton Centrals a couple of years ago

yer his going well kicked 4 goals in round 1, played an average game on saturday but its good for the club that his playing with his family.

Thanks for the overview, sounds like they will be strong again.
See there are some interesting games this weekend.
Does anyone know who is match of the round this week?
You would think it will be either
BPH V NTH GEELONG
or
WINCH V EAST
gee east have done some travelling in the first 3 weeks. inverleigh rd. 1, werribee rd 2 and now winchelsea on saturday. it could take its toll.

ive seen this league b4 u's are soft it might as well be called touch footy the way u's play.

P.S all of u's get a kick

No good acting almighty sitting behind your computer, especially when you are under the age of 18. As for you Ballarat people, "sleeping with the light on" is common practise. When you have to venture down the Western Highway to play Sunbury, Melton, Darley etc, the bus tends to only be 1/2 full.

gee east have done some travelling in the first 3 weeks. inverleigh rd. 1, werribee rd 2 and now winchelsea on saturday. it could take its toll.

I wouldn't think so. They are driving down the road for 30 minutes not flying interstate.

Have heard they have a few injuries which will have more of an effect.

I wouldn't think so. They are driving down the road for 30 minutes not flying interstate.

Have heard they have a few injuries which will have more of an effect.

Care to elaborate Drago? You'd think they'd have the depth to cover these injuries though, unlike last year.

Care to elaborate Drago? You'd think they'd have the depth to cover these injuries though, unlike last year.

Just looking at the results at the east 2nds have won both games so far which would suggest there is some depth there.

Who is injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the results at the east 2nds have won both games so far which would suggest there is some depth there.

Who is injured?

Dont know names but have heard they have a hammy on one of their onballers and a broken foot on another

The Tyntynder F.C in the Central Murray Football League (previously Mid Murray Football League) is having a reunion this weekend 18th, 19th & 20th of May at their clubrooms in Swan Hill. We will be acknowleging the premiership sides of the mid 80's but any player, supporter etc is welcome to attend this great weekend. If you would like more info you can contact keg18wilson@hotmail.com or ring the clubrooms on 03 50322974

I hear corio has more injury's from todays game. They cant take a trick at the minute.......:thumbsdown:

Whats the wash up from the weekends games?

I watch winch v East which was a good game early but the weather took its toll. Both sides looked good patches. East just to strong with to many options. Winch looked pretty quick and might test a few top sides.

Any news from other games?

Whats the wash up from the weekends games?

I watch winch v East which was a good game early but the weather took its toll. Both sides looked good patches. East just to strong with to many options. Winch looked pretty quick and might test a few top sides.

Any news from other games?

bph beat north by 8-9 goals
banno smashed anakie by100+points i think

saw the centrals vs belmont game at the weekend, an undermanned centrals losing it in a ordinary 3rd quarter of football until then had the game in the grasp....dont worry bout belmont they are nothing more than pretenders

I hear corio has more injury's from todays game. They cant take a trick at the minute.......:thumbsdown:

yeah i herd there struggling with injuries it seems to going around a bit at the moment. I think you will see the top 5 sides in the second half of the season, alot of clubs have injuries and some clubs fitness are just not up to others at the moment, good to see belmont still travelling well but i think in the second half the stronger clubs will knock them out of the 5

I heard that Daniel Berg may have a touch of BPH'itus leading into this weeks clash after a last minute decision to return to Ankie. From all reports, Lewis wasn't overrly impressed with the manner in which it panned out.

saw the centrals vs belmont game at the weekend, an undermanned centrals losing it in a ordinary 3rd quarter of football until then had the game in the grasp....dont worry bout belmont they are nothing more than pretenders

I too, caught a glimpse of this game. Werribee were young and small, and like the captain said, a terrible 3rd quarter. Both sides will not play finals.

I heard that Daniel Berg may have a touch of BPH'itus leading into this weeks clash after a last minute decision to return to Ankie. From all reports, Lewis wasn't overrly impressed with the manner in which it panned out.

Whats the latest there??? Daniel Berg has been at alot of clubs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back