GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that Daniel Berg may have a touch of BPH'itus leading into this weeks clash after a last minute decision to return to Ankie. From all reports, Lewis wasn't overrly impressed with the manner in which it panned out.
Dont think he would have much to worry about unless he gets stuck behind play with Lewis as that is where Lewis does his best "work"

How did John Tate go against Werribee at the weekend???
Tatie played really well on the weekend. Gives us something to aim at up forward. He works hard up the ground and leaves plenty of room for Haami and Cannavan. Ripping bloke too....

Congratulations to inverleigh who won on the weekend. They havent had much to smile about of late but to get a win in round 3 in a good result.
Yes it was only west but well done anyway.

Congratulations to inverleigh who won on the weekend. They havent had much to smile about of late but to get a win in round 3 in a good result.
Yes it was only west but well done anyway.

might i also add that dean muir has recieved $800 from 3 grames including 2 best on ground perfomances. This kid should almost be bursting through the falcons first 22 line up this week or weeks to come.

banno v east this week will be interesting.
some people think banno are crap this year and others think east is on the rise so it will be interesting who gets up.
banno have one of the best foward lines in the comp as well as east.
wonder who will play on skrobolak, my guess is either dan gibbs or sam hickelton. and who will line up on tom mullane grant.

banno v east this week will be interesting.
some people think banno are crap this year and others think east is on the rise so it will be interesting who gets up.
banno have one of the best foward lines in the comp as well as east.
wonder who will play on skrobolak, my guess is either dan gibbs or sam hickelton. and who will line up on tom mullane grant.
Hickleton wont have the size to go with Skrobolak.
East might have a problem with a match up for TMG as when I have seen them they have been small down back.
Guess it will get back to the cliche of whoever wins it out of the centre

East might have a problem with a match up for TMG as when I have seen them they have been small down back.

I think this will be a fantastic game and will give East supporters a good view of how they are really going.
I would think Hickleton would play on Skrobolak and Either Michael O'Leary or Sam Paisley would play on TMG.
i Look forward to watching a close game

pretty sure that problem has been rectified in 2007 drago. they certainly had some big mobile bodies in defence when they played werribee centrals in round 2. how tall is tom mullane-grant?? he would wouldn't much taller than 6 foot would he???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this will be a fantastic game and will give East supporters a good view of how they are really going.
I would think Hickleton would play on Skrobolak and Either Michael O'Leary or Sam Paisley would play on TMG.

TMG I've heard is a very good player. What type of players are these two? Are they any good?

TMG I've heard is a very good player. What type of players are these two? Are they any good?
Mick O'Leary is a veteran. he would have to be in his mid-thirties. he is smart with good skills but i don't think he would be suited to mulane-grant. paisley is lean and rangy, i think, with good closing speed. looks to be the perfect match up.

heard a rumour that the new corio 18s coach touched 1 of the boys in the showers, not sure if its true or not but heard a whisper at school today ?

anybody know of these rumours??

adam "hoggy" houghton was the 18s coach
be careful with these sought of allegations on bigfooty. mods please delete this post.

heard a rumour that the new corio 18s coach touched 1 of the boys in the showers, not sure if its true or not but heard a whisper at school today ?

anybody know of these rumours??

adam "hoggy" houghton was the 18s coach

You should be 100% sure on your allegations champ, rumors dont wash with me. I suggest you remove this post, i wouldnt know the bloke but saying shit like that can have huge ramafocations.

You should be 100% sure on your allegations champ, rumors dont wash with me. I suggest you remove this post, i wouldnt know the bloke but saying shit like that can have huge ramafocations.

ow nar i didnt mean it in a bad way, just people came to my skool and told me it. Wasn't sure if anybody else has heard anything ? just want to find out the facts on how corio are shaping this year thats all.

pretty sure that problem has been rectified in 2007 drago. they certainly had some big mobile bodies in defence when they played werribee centrals in round 2. how tall is tom mullane-grant?? he would wouldn't much taller than 6 foot would he???
i think he is just over six foot, he is a bit slower then when he played for geelong west st peters though.

Agree that this will be a good game and might head out for a look.

I think Skrobolak will be too big and strong for Hickleton but dont know enough about Paisley to have a guess on how he will go on TMG.
Have heard TMG has lost a yard and thickened up due to a knee injury so this may blunt his firepower a little.

Another good game will also be Belmont v Winch. Understand Winch get their FB back which is timely given Belmonts fire power. Out there I give Winch every chance.

Bannockburn 14.18 d East Geelong 13.7
Bell Post Hill 14.10 d Anakie 11.13
North Geelong 21.9 d Corio Football 16.17
Thomson 21.20 d Inverleigh 5.6
Werribee Centrals 24.16 d Geelong West SC 9.8
Winchelsea 12.11 d Belmont Lions Sports Club 9.8,

I see Kunigiskis was named at FF for Winch. A very good player in his Hoppers crossing days. How did he go?
BPH remain the only undefeated team, but the scoreline suggests that they struggled.
Werribee had a solid win.
East, for all the hype have improved, but not to the extent of being a serious finals contender.

I see Kunigiskis was named at FF for Winch. A very good player in his Hoppers crossing days. How did he go?
BPH remain the only undefeated team, but the scoreline suggests that they struggled.
Werribee had a solid win.
East, for all the hype have improved, but not to the extent of being a serious finals contender.
Went and had a look at East and Bannock and diagree with the sentiment.
Very good game of football and either side could have won it.
East were hampered by early injury leaving nothing on the bench and appeared to have a cople of players hempered but still on the ground.
At stages they looked like they just hadn't clicked yet which is understandable given the changeover in personnel and I could only see them getting better.
Given this nothing should be taken away from Bannock as they were very good and I apologise to Sam Hickleton for earlier posts as he played very well on Skrobolak and should have been in Bannock's best.
I think that Dan Gibbs got reported for striking early in the game so we will see what comes from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back