GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think because they all sort of know each other around that area and once a core group of mates start playing together they tend to move together as well. if a couple leave for another club the rest normally follow. they are mostly young players so whoever offers the most money normally gets the player/s. its a shame really that players show little or no loyalty to a club but its just money and football to them. they dont really have any pride or respect for the jumper they wear but thats local footy these days.
Really ****s the stabilty up as well. Anakie looked like they were going places this year and were unlucky not to play finals. If they had of kept all their players and maybe picked up 1 or 2 more they would have had a side that could have really challenged in 2008.

Spoke to a mate last night and he said he was offered dollars from Thomson. $100 a game and then $5000 if he comes in the top 10 in the B&F. He has played a couple of ones games in the GFL..... looks like the tommy boys have a bit of cash to spend.

Theres no way thomson could afford to offer players $5,000 if they finish in top 10 b&f. Thats $50,000 at end of season not including all player payments during the year so your looking at $100,000 for a season i dont think so i think your mates pulling your leg.

Theres no way thomson could afford to offer players $5,000 if they finish in top 10 b&f. Thats $50,000 at end of season not including all player payments during the year so your looking at $100,000 for a season i dont think so i think your mates pulling your leg.

who said everyone who gets in the top 10 gets 5k??? :confused:

Well Buddah corio must be paying alot more to there players cause no one there is very loyal and i think thomson's cash flow is the least of your worries

Well Buddah corio must be paying alot more to there players cause no one there is very loyal and i think thomson's cash flow is the least of your worries
Your missing the point here...intead of negotiating say 300 per game without any basis of result (ie. the fault of too many GDFL clubs) why wouldn't you say to a couple of GFL players on the cusp, how about incentives?We've seen too many times players taking for granted the standard of GDFL. I't's not bloody easy!
I really think it's taken someone, like Tommy Harriot (before him Lowlett at Werribee)to really make everyone at Thomson (& the GDFL) understand what has to be done to sustain success. Tom Harriott is a bloody legend!

i agree i think where corio is gettn the money from is being overlooked you wud hav to think there all on some sort of money and in the case of o toole a fair bit of cash at that

Yeh right Corio has people coming and going.
Its GDFL macro, its been the lowest league in Geel for years and hence all clubs can only muster a few quality players from stronger leagues at any one time.Its a respect thing in GFL.That is, not to drop down to GDFL unless your your over the hill.
Our guys do come back and bring their mates eventually. It then builds membership and then provides cash for the club.
The other so-called top sides like Thopmson, Belmont and East, have barely got players in their senior sides that played juniors at their clubs.
Where's the loyalty in the GDFL?Whats the difference with them and us?There is none.If your any good you would have played most your your career at a higher standard.Timmy G an exception.

So do you all now Thomson and GDFL is the richest league going around in the Geelong area so why would I club from the GDFL go up to GFL or BFL?

myabe for better comp but I don't think so the plenty of GFL and BFL play go down and up and there is a lot of GFL player playing in the GDFL league now

Your missing the point here...intead of negotiating say 300 per game without any basis of result (ie. the fault of too many GDFL clubs) why wouldn't you say to a couple of GFL players on the cusp, how about incentives?We've seen too many times players taking for granted the standard of GDFL. I't's not bloody easy!
I really think it's taken someone, like Tommy Harriot (before him Lowlett at Werribee)to really make everyone at Thomson (& the GDFL) understand what has to be done to sustain success. Tom Harriott is a bloody legend!
It was actually Howlett but i understand your point ;)

Yeh right Corio has people coming and going.
Its GDFL macro, its been the lowest league in Geel for years and hence all clubs can only muster a few quality players from stronger leagues at any one time.Its a respect thing in GFL.That is, not to drop down to GDFL unless your your over the hill.
Our guys do come back and bring their mates eventually. It then builds membership and then provides cash for the club.
The other so-called top sides like Thopmson, Belmont and East, have barely got players in their senior sides that played juniors at their clubs.
Where's the loyalty in the GDFL?Whats the difference with them and us?There is none.If your any good you would have played most your your career at a higher standard.Timmy G an exception.

I totally agree with u goldenoldie but it is dissapionting when your juniors dont play at the senior level i think banockburn are the exception and are excellent with there junoirs and werribee they seem to keep them as well it just dissapionts me to see players like manning and fergerson etc.....showing no loyality at all and it is just not them i am talking about

i know what corio are spending and i bet it is in the bottom 5 in the league and as for loyalty tell me any club that would have as many juniors playing seniors or reserves at there club no one would get close to corio, in 2002 03, 04, 05 there was 19 players in the seniors that played juniors at corio no-one can compare to that, if i was at thompson and herd there offering players $5,000 if they finished in top 10 of B&f and only played a few gfl senior games i know i wouldnt be staying cause theres no loyalty in looking after new players and not the ones that have played 100 or so games for there club.

I totally agree with u goldenoldie but it is dissapionting when your juniors dont play at the senior level i think banockburn are the exception and are excellent with there junoirs and werribee they seem to keep them as well it just dissapionts me to see players like manning and fergerson etc.....showing no loyality at all and it is just not them i am talking about

I probably should have named Ronny Pilgrim as well as Timmy thats loyal and top players hanging around the GDFL for years, but lookn at Easts side of this year for example,the entire side were blow ins chasing a buck.As if they will stay if there is no sucess soon.Dont tell me their one off success this year was from their junior products.

I bet OToole and Stewy and most others will still be at Corio the following season even if we are not successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably should have named Ronny Pilgrim as well as Timmy thats loyal and top players hanging around the GDFL for years, but lookn at Easts side of this year for example,the entire side were blow ins chasing a buck.As if they will stay if there is no sucess soon.Dont tell me their one off success this year was from their junior products.

I bet OToole and Stewy and most others will still be at Corio the following season even if we are not successful.

yeh they might but wot i am saying is that clubs like bannock and werribee continue to keep there players around corio the area it self has bred some of the best local footballers going around but they dont hang around it is all about $ and they dont wont be around the place. Lets face Bannock is a growing area and they will get alot stronger and werribee have an area that is growing by the second. Lets face if that so called group of 5 or 6 players have made a pact to stay together wot about when the money from outside clubs is alot greater wot will happen then?

yeh they might but wot i am saying is that clubs like bannock and werribee continue to keep there players around corio the area it self has bred some of the best local footballers going around but they dont hang around it is all about $ and they dont wont be around the place. Lets face Bannock is a growing area and they will get alot stronger and werribee have an area that is growing by the second. Lets face if that so called group of 5 or 6 players have made a pact to stay together wot about when the money from outside clubs is alot greater wot will happen then?

i totally agree, bannock and werribee have always produced, sorry to the others i didnt mention from these clubs.
these guys that we have aquired probably wont go to gfl/bfl again and hopefully will stay.
Billy could be an exception one day to return to his stomping ground, but he has been more than loyal to Shore since juniors.

i totally agree, bannock and werribee have always produced, sorry to the others i didnt mention from these clubs.
these guys that we have aquired probably wont go to gfl/bfl again and hopefully will stay.
Billy could be an exception one day to return to his stomping ground, but he has been more than loyal to Shore since juniors.

I hope you are mate cause those sort of players are great for the Gdfl in general cause iam personaly sick of the Gdfl being labelled the 3rd tier league

Whatch Corio over the next 5 years they will be the bench mark of every gdfl club on and off the field

get of the grass mate. why r they spending all there money on players when they have crap change rooms and players cant even leave there bags in the rooms and they r in big dept.

get of the grass mate. why r they spending all there money on players when they have crap change rooms and players cant even leave there bags in the rooms and they r in big dept.

If you no anyhting about gdfl you would no that corio has new changerooms getting built now and will be as good as anyones in the league and there also having a gym room built and there change rooms will be the biggest in gdfl oh yeah, there debt there is 0 get your facts right first. GO DEVILS 08

Heard on the grape vine Winch have signed a couple of players up in the last few days.

I have heard that its players from last year that were said to be leaving in M. Worland, M. Day, T McClure that have signed on at Winch. Good players to keep on board.

trent mclure has already signed with ammos.[/quote]

i think he has only signed a clearance form thing rather then a contract as such..... making it easy to get out of.

trent mclure has already signed with ammos.

i think he has only signed a clearance form thing rather then a contract as such..... making it easy to get out of.[/quote]
Who is coaching Winch? For that matter who are all the coach's for 2008.

I have the following.

Anakie - Habib
Belmont - Williams
BPH -
Bannock - Dans
Corio - B O'Toole
East - Skrobolak (pending appeal)
Inverleigh - Stone
North -
Thomson - Wallace
Werribee - Andrews
West - Sheedy
Winchelsea -

i think he has only signed a clearance form thing rather then a contract as such..... making it easy to get out of.

I have the following.

Anakie - Habib
Belmont - Williams
BPH -
Bannock - Dans
Corio - B O'Toole
Inverleigh - Stone
North - TIM SCHWENNO & ELZINGER
Thomson - Wallace
Werribee - Andrews
West - Sheedy
Winchelsea -

I have the following.

Anakie - Habib
Belmont - Williams
BPH -
Bannock - Dans
Corio - B O'Toole
Inverleigh - Stone
North - TIM SCHWENNO & ELZINGER
Thomson - Wallace
Werribee - Andrews
West - Sheedy
Winchelsea -

former colac imps player scott mills has been appointed at winch, he also played a couple of years at belmont. st albans boy originally.

former colac imps player scott mills has been appointed at winch, he also played a couple of years at belmont. st albans boy originally.

Rob May...who coached Deer Park in the WRFL for the last two years...and played with Newtown...will coach the Panthers...

Says discipline will be a key focus...:p

I think you will also find that Ricky O'Toole is co-coach at Corio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back