GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not quite sure who you are bobbyjohn but i have been busy training with the mighty gulls.. i will prob be starting on ball in the GFL reserves this year which is probably the equivalent of playing in your 1s anyway
thats very unlike you nickbrady, showing character, your one of the blandest men to walk the earth...

If the hill dont beat corio on saturday they never will, theres 11 players unavaliable for seniors this week, so atleast that will even the game up for the hill.
But still devils to win by 2 goals.

If the hill dont beat corio on saturday they never will, theres 11 players unavaliable for seniors this week, so atleast that will even the game up for the hill.
But still devils to win by 2 goals.

11 Unavailable - Name Them :confused::confused::confused:
I am with the grapevine on this one so Devils name them?

I can see form your side that you have 3 that I know of (O'Toole, King, Nolan) but dont know if they are unavailble or have not been selected.

No doubt the loss of Rob Chamberlain will hurt. A player of his quality will always hurt. However he missed most of last year with a knee injury and came back just before finals. East managed to be there at the pointy end of the season without him & the inclusion of Simon Prymke and possibly Travis Edwards will see East there again this year.

i was jst lookin at the sides in the addy 2day and in the winchelsea side i saw the name J.kitchen any relation 2 A.kitchen???
wher did he come from coz there is no details of him being transferred from any wher and i no that winch didnt hav an u/18s last yr or did he play 2nds at winch last yr???

i was jst lookin at the sides in the addy 2day and in the winchelsea side i saw the name J.kitchen any relation 2 A.kitchen???
wher did he come from coz there is no details of him being transferred from any wher and i no that winch didnt hav an u/18s last yr or did he play 2nds at winch last yr???

No relation to Tony Kitchen..

the only reason your apparently getting a game onball is because there not that much talent at the gulls anymore. you were not in there best 22 last year if i recall right.
i was left out of last years best 22 because of poor coaching, had they have had my nouse and pace around the ground in the grand final things may have been different. However all is forgiven and forgotten and im back this year to show my worth when actually given a chance, my silky skills and unparralelld courage will get the mighty gulls the premiership we have so desperately craved

i was left out of last years best 22 because of poor coaching, had they have had my nouse and pace around the ground in the grand final things may have been different. However all is forgiven and forgotten and im back this year to show my worth when actually given a chance, my silky skills and unparralelld courage will get the mighty gulls the premiership we have so desperately craved

God i hope someone is dogging you here nick brady. Because if this is you, you will fast become the most hated geelong footballer if you keep this crap up.

Bad-mouthing coaching and making peoples skin crawl with your own self-assessment.

the only pace you show is running away from the ball. the only piece of history the gulls will take home this season is a big wooden object in the shape of a spoon.:D

God i hope someone is dogging you here nick brady. Because if this is you, you will fast become the most hated geelong footballer if you keep this crap up.

Bad-mouthing coaching and making peoples skin crawl with your own self-assessment.
Someone dogging me...? None of the illiterate ppl on this forum could take me off. U make me laugh, because i have faith in my own ability i will become hated? Not likely..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone dogging me...? None of the illiterate ppl on this forum could take me off. U make me laugh, because i have faith in my own ability i will become hated? Not likely..
all i can do is laugh at the poor souls who take this guy seriously, its as obvious as f*** that its not him, who would put thier name to all this bull? i will say though the seagull may surprise

Anybody know if the Corio V BPH game is at Shell Oval. I do not follow GDFL much as im a loyal GFL supporter, but this game looks very interesting in due fact that both sides have players that have either A) Played AFL football or B) Played VFL Football.

Macleod brothers were fantastic in Thomson's win over Bannockburn. Jackson is a superstar and Brent was fantastic for such a young fella.. easily in the best for Thomson

My tips for round 1;

East over Inverleigh but the margin will be tighter than most expect. Scrobba not playing and missing a couple of others from last year thru injury being replaced by recruits who look the goods but yet to show the wares in the real thing. Inverleigh have also picked up a couple of good players without losing much from 2007.
BPH to beat Corio. The Hill have recuited well on top of a strong base in '07 which should see them get over Corio who have also spent there money wisely but struggled in '07. Also no R O'Toole.
Werribee to beat Anakie but only on the strength of the players leaving Anakie. I could be extremely wrong about this.
Nth Geelong to get over Winch in the closest game for the round.
Bannock to beat Thomson. Some very good recruiting for Bannock should see them hold there position from 2007. Thomson have some quality players but most are getting a bit long in the tooth.
Belmont to easily account for West.
Gee didn't I get it wrong lucky there is no prize for tipping in the GDFL. The only one that was accurate was my own club who struggled to put away Inverleigh as suggested.

Went to Shell oval to see what all the hype is about yesterday, and witnessed Corio comfortably beat BPH.
Their smalls in Harvey and Ferguson were far too nimble, Verner kicked a bag and will rival T Mullane-Grant for goalkicking honours. Stewart dominated the ruck, and Nicholls got his hands on it alot.

BPH turned it over far to much, Tarr battled well, and new bloke Caukua? kicked around 4-5 goals. Moreland moved well, but their clanger count was high.

Big crowd there, both sides would have had 4-5 out, not 11 (corio) as Devils first stated.

Went to Shell oval to see what all the hype is about yesterday, and witnessed Corio comfortably beat BPH.
Their smalls in Harvey and Ferguson were far too nimble, Verner kicked a bag and will rival T Mullane-Grant for goalkicking honours. Stewart dominated the ruck, and Nicholls got his hands on it alot.

BPH turned it over far to much, Tarr battled well, and new bloke Caukua? kicked around 4-5 goals. Moreland moved well, but their clanger count was high.

Big crowd there, both sides would have had 4-5 out, not 11 (corio) as Devils first stated.

did you catch how big grgic went for the hill or tate by any chance mate?

what the hell happen to werribee centrals?

with the players they had picked up over the pre-season i would have thought they would have accounted for anakie at galvin park, considering anakie had lost a few from last year.

Harvey and Ferguson damaged BPH alot . The way Verner played was outstanding. Stewart is a big big unit and i don't know if anybody will stop him in the GDFL. Caukua had a very strong upper body and attacks the football hard, will be one to watch throughout the year. Moreland coud not get into gear and on some occasions looked very soft. Kicked 3 behinds, could of easily put the panthers infront.

I was at the game also and Moreland is no good, can not believe geelong vfl even looked at him! harvey was ok until he done his knee, verner really good up forward and potter was good also, ferguson wasnt that much, nicholls still at 60%, grgic terrible, the only good players for bell post were may, carter and boofa in the last half. Stewert was unstoppable in center clearance advantages, gave his on-ballers everything! And as for Turner (42 years of age) and Fieldman (at least 41) or whatever his name is playing senior footy is a joke!

i agree with the feildman and turner to old they should blood a couple of young blokes it is stupid they should build up young players to get the experince i agree it is a joke

Harvey and Ferguson damaged BPH alot . The way Verner played was outstanding. Stewart is a big big unit and i don't know if anybody will stop him in the GDFL. Caukua had a very strong upper body and attacks the football hard, will be one to watch throughout the year. Moreland coud not get into gear and on some occasions looked very soft. Kicked 3 behinds, could of easily put the panthers infront.

i think you'll find it's Robbie Cavka not Caukua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back