GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the radio station that broadcasts the GDFL broadcasts online as well? CAn someone tell me what the radio station is called again.

they will be fine if we all remember the same happened at corio last year and they still did ok
Centrals have been training for a week and they have only had 8 players on the track for both nights. I don't care what anyone says they are extremely small and disturbing numbers.

Centrals have been training for a week and they have only had 8 players on the track for both nights. I don't care what anyone says they are extremely small and disturbing numbers.

Where have all their players gone? Who is coaching them now?

Word has it, that a couple of high profile players from Thompson, one being the coach, had seriously considered playing down Warrnambool way if a full season was not assured! Can anyone confirm this?

Ive been getting around to a few club training sessions, last nigth my mate went down and watched the eagles train for the last 30mins.

He said they looked very sharp. Also younger brother of skrobolak trained and looked very good. He is a backman that is suggested to be very talented and from what i hear last night got a few eagles excited.

Players are impressed with the coach and young coy as assistant, he seems to be making a great reputation in the coaching ranks.

Which brother?? Glen or Dean?? Glen's a cricketer and Dean's a Tennis player, haven't known of either to really don the boots

Based on winning the last two flags and recruiting some high profile players I would imagine Thompson will be the benchmark again this year in the GDFL, but who are the other contenders now Werribee are a shambles? Can any other clubs come from the pack? Seem to be a lot going under the radar eg Anakie, Nth Geelong?? What would be the top 3 teams and a roughy?

Based on winning the last two flags and recruiting some high profile players I would imagine Thompson will be the benchmark again this year in the GDFL, but who are the other contenders now Werribee are a shambles? Can any other clubs come from the pack? Seem to be a lot going under the radar eg Anakie, Nth Geelong?? What would be the top 3 teams and a roughy?

i herd anakie have opened the cheaque book again so who nows how they will go, the hill sound like they have picked up alright, east have picked up 5 or 6 from torquay, north have lost a few and picked up a few so they will be there abouts again havnt herd much about anyone else.
does anyone know anything about other clubs?

Read back through the posts mate, it has been mentioned a number of times who the new coach is and where all their players have gone.

Thanks for the tip. Is Cori the same Wallace that played for Spotswood in the WRFL?

Thanks for the tip. Is Cori the same Wallace that played for Spotswood in the WRFL?
yes he is the same cori wallace who played for spotty in the wrfl. he has been the assistant coach at werribee centrals for the past 3 seasons.

Any truth of Fastuca heading back to Hoppers Crossing?
The word is he trained at Centrals both nights last week but there was an article on him in the Werribee Banner last week basically saying he is giving the club two weeks to attract some players or he is on his bike to another club. Hoppers would definitely be in the mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Werribee central will be no good at all.

What makes you think Skrobolak junior will be know good?

Skrobolak and coy dominated last year so its not a huge statement to say they will dominate GDFL. Skrobolak 100 goals Coy top 10 in League Best and fairest.

Werribee central will be no good at all.
What makes you think Skrobolak junior will be know good?

Skrobolak and coy dominated last year so its not a huge statement to say they will dominate GDFL. Skrobolak 100 goals Coy top 10 in League Best and fairest.
really einstein!!!:D they have had a total of 8 players on the track so far for pre-season so it's a fair bet they will be no good. in fact noone on here has said any different.

skrobolak should kick the tonne but let me say its no easy feat to do it in the gdfl regardless of how good you're. east will need to dramatically improve their midfield to actually get the ball down to him.

as far as coy goes it's no great accomplishment to finsih top 10 in the gdfl league b&f.

Einstein, Thats a good way to discribe me for sure.
I was a statement moron. Lets see you come up with something?

Instead of bagging people why dont you find some news and let everyone know about it instead of sitting in from of your computer all day in you tight stone was jeans that are WAY to short and you chombray shirt and your big coke bottle glasses.

Come on mate give me something

Obe it is the same Wallace who played at Spotswood. When he got the job at centrals I think he was expecting some of his old teammates like Tobin to come over. But he has recruited no one and I heard just last week he has given the ok to Brad MAYBERRY and Matt Shannon to get clearances to Barwon heads after both only spending 1 season at centrals. As posted elsewhere it appears fastuca will also leave. I can't see them having a team this year

Einstein, Thats a good way to discribe me for sure.
I was a statement moron. Lets see you come up with something?

Instead of bagging people why dont you find some news and let everyone know about it instead of sitting in from of your computer all day in you tight stone was jeans that are WAY to short and you chombray shirt and your big coke bottle glasses.

Come on mate give me something
Learn how write first dumby and people on here might be how to communicate with you a little better.....:eek:

What else is news in the GDFL besides Werribee, Json Fastuca and East Geelong's 'rise from the bottom of the ladder'.

Anything!?

What else is news in the GDFL besides Werribee, Json Fastuca and East Geelong's 'rise from the bottom of the ladder'.

Anything!?
To be fair Whispers I think the story of Weribee Centrals possibly folding for 2007 season would be by far the biggest story circulating in the Geelong region at present. That includes the other to leagues as well.

To be fair Whispers I think the story of Weribee Centrals possibly folding for 2007 season would be by far the biggest story circulating in the Geelong region at present. That includes the other to leagues as well.

Werribee wont fold surely, they will be ordinary by the sounds of it but surely they can find 43 blokes to get out there on weekends, even if they dont train.

Kooley have things improved down there yet???

Werribee wont fold surely, they will be ordinary by the sounds of it but surely they can find 43 blokes to get out there on weekends, even if they dont train.

i agree they wont fold there looking at having two under 18s side in the gdfl this year and they will always field a senior side, werribee is too big a place to say they cant find 50 blokes to play footy they dont have to be competitive they just have to field two teams and they will.

apparently they had 15 on the track last night which is an improvement on 8.

21 next week, 28 the week after, 35 then 42. they're laughing. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back