GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, Didn't Haami look fit in todays Addy? They tell me Tatie trained the house down the other night... Who's this kid Duggan they picked up from Grovey. Bring on May 5th... ;)

Gee, Didn't Haami look fit in todays Addy? They tell me Tatie trained the house down the other night... Who's this kid Duggan they picked up from Grovey. Bring on May 5th... ;)

Is that John Tate you are talking about? He'll go alright this year.. what were the numbers like at training?

From all reports East are going along nicely.
Havent heard much about 2 sides that featured near the top last year
Bannockburn and North Geelong/

Has anyone got any info on these clubs for season 2007?

north geelong i think have stayed pretty stable no big names left or came but a few of their younger players will be more mature now, the likes of
jarrad bryant, todd elsey who could be a very good player this year and cameron fletcher who is a hard worker with good skills, obviously rowe will be a freak again and i think mario zitko could be dangerous again.

bannockburn from what i know of have only lost one player, brett harding, who may fly down near the end of the season if they were to make finals. and sam hickleton has come back from up north to play for them, as well as a few juniors who will play a major part in their side e.g rohan pidhaini, i think he was B.O.G in last years 18 granny

is there any younger kids coming up to play seniors this year or might play some games that we can look out for in the future, i have a few

werribee: shaydon bloomfeild, was with western jets
north: elsey, fletcher, bryant
bellpost: chris moreland played most of the year is with falcons too
banno: rohan pidhaini
corio: matt wade, first year out of 18s but has played a few
thomson: jacko macleod played most of year too

any one know some others?

and i have also heard rumours some kids from south barwon are moving to anakie anyone heard that rumour

What club are we talking about here Lion King?

Belmont Lions Newton.

my top five for 2007

Thomson- Obvious reasons
Bell Post Hill - Not far away in 06 and will improve a little when others are falling away.
Nth Geelong -Always smash the weaker sides to get enough wins then fall over in finals. (only lost Hardman)
Bannockburn - tougher draw but were super last year and will hold there ground against most.
East geelong- Skrobalak will kick plenty and if gets enough support will be there abouts.

Corio will be the only danger i would think, others to far away to challenge maybe winch will be around the mark if they get more recruits only have heard of one really good pick up in Reid.

Belmont Lions Newton.

my top five for 2007

Thomson- Obvious reasons
Bell Post Hill - Not far away in 06 and will improve a little when others are falling away.
Nth Geelong -Always smash the weaker sides to get enough wins then fall over in finals. (only lost Hardman)
Bannockburn - tougher draw but were super last year and will hold there ground against most.
East geelong- Skrobalak will kick plenty and if gets enough support will be there abouts.

Corio will be the only danger i would think, others to far away to challenge maybe winch will be around the mark if they get more recruits only have heard of one really good pick up in Reid.

thomson- obvious reasons again
nth geelong- young players will be better
east geelong- skrobalak will do heaps and others will come because of him
bannockburn- should stay there abouts, juniors getting better were a young side
bell post hill, anakie- both will be close anakie throwing some money around

thomson- obvious reasons again
nth geelong- young players will be better
east geelong- skrobalak will do heaps and others will come because of him
bannockburn- should stay there abouts, juniors getting better were a young side
bell post hill, anakie- both will be close anakie throwing some money around

It sounds as if it is going to be a great year with most teams doing a bit to draw players over the off season. It looks very even this year and with some bigger names coming into the comp make for exciting games.

I look forward to the season. Does anyone know when and where GDFL sides are playing practice matches?

There only certain sides who have been involved in recruiting thus far. (Corio, east, north, anakie) on the other hand, teams like (bannok, werribee, bph, inver) have recorded very little action. Are these teams satisfied with their lists from last year, unable to attract quality personal, or are they foxxing, so as not give out any "secrets" to opposing clubs?

There only certain sides who have been involved in recruiting thus far. (Corio, east, north, anakie) on the other hand, teams like (bannok, werribee, bph, inver) have recorded very little action. Are these teams satisfied with their lists from last year, unable to attract quality personal, or are they foxxing, so as not give out any "secrets" to opposing clubs?

i was looking earlier an did see corio have no one leaving at this stage so theyd be happy considering losing 25 + players last season north only picked up 2s players so far same with anakie east have obviously done the best out of everyone picking up some big names

i was looking earlier an did see corio have no one leaving at this stage so theyd be happy considering losing 25 + players last season north only picked up 2s players so far same with anakie east have obviously done the best out of everyone picking up some big names

I have heard BPH have picked up some players from bell park. Dont know names.

As stated earlier, a Brad Martin is supposed to have signed as assistant coach. Like you highlight, I'm sure he may bring a couple along, but no names as yet.

What is Brad Martins backround?
Is he the red headed guy who played at Torquay a few years back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Brad Martins backround?
Is he the red headed guy who played at Torquay a few years back?

i think he is origanally from bph i think the other guys goin with him are past bph players aswell and herd a whisper mark stewart might be headed their aswell or maybe anakie its between those 2 clubs but really who in there right mind would want to go to anakie.

i think he is origanally from bph i think the other guys goin with him are past bph players aswell and herd a whisper mark stewart might be headed their aswell or maybe anakie its between those 2 clubs but really who in there right mind would want to go to anakie.

Bell post hill could not afford Mark stewart and a few weeks ago people were on here saying bph had the best ruckman in the comp. Why would they want that old creep if they had the best ruckman in the comp.

Bell post hill could not afford Mark stewart and a few weeks ago people were on here saying bph had the best ruckman in the comp. Why would they want that old creep if they had the best ruckman in the comp.

Waist of money and unloyal... much suited to the CDFL where the money is splashed around. I think someone posted on the GFL forum that he was going to North Shore? Wherever he goes, he won't be much chop...

Could somebody answer the following questions on Werribee Centrals ground.

Is Galvin Park used every Sunday for junior footy?
Are both ovals used for junior footy?
What time do the games finish on a Sunday?

Belmont Lions might struggle this year with out Brad Edwards but u never know what players that H Williams has brought to the club.....but they will still struggle

yeah i think they were saying wade bowyer i would have stewart any day over bowyer. wades a mate of mine but his days of staring are over. one of mates over at corio just buzzed me saying the last three weeks they have been getting 35 to 40 at training every night and they could not be happier with there new recruits about 10 senior players, the centre half forward harris is as quick as bowman and has not dropped a mark since training and about 6'7 and strong as a pig, played diamond valley league last couple of years and that is as good as if not better than gfl so his definately one to watch im told.

yeah i think they were saying wade bowyer i would have stewart any day over bowyer. wades a mate of mine but his days of staring are over. one of mates over at corio just buzzed me saying the last three weeks they have been getting 35 to 40 at training every night and they could not be happier with there new recruits about 10 senior players, the centre half forward harris is as quick as bowman and has not dropped a mark since training and about 6'7 and strong as a pig, played diamond valley league last couple of years and that is as good as if not better than gfl so his definately one to watch im told.

Sounds like corio might be a side to keep an eye on. With all these teams improving it will be interesting who will be slipping down the ladder.

Is he too old? Surely a man of that size would benefit any GDFL side.

Is he too old? Surely a man of that size would benefit any GDFL side.

He would benifit most GDFL but as someone said before a poster wrote that BPH had the best ruckman in the comp. Why would they pay huge money for stewart if they had a gun ruckman.

Sounds like corio might be a side to keep an eye on. With all these teams improving it will be interesting who will be slipping down the ladder.
what about inverleigh they have been good in everything bar winning games, they have nice area and a very big family based club, are they eventually going to become a team that can win?

He would benifit most GDFL but as someone said before a poster wrote that BPH had the best ruckman in the comp. Why would they pay huge money for stewart if they had a gun ruckman.

I'm not sure that Bowyer has played a great deal over the last couple of years. Maybe there is room for the both of them.
Someone mentioned earlier about there not being enough money in the GDFL, what would your top footballer be worth. Say a Fastuca, Lewis, Russell etc. I'm sure money bags Suto would have commanded a packet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back