GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know of a player named J.A??? Not too sure of his full name yet?:cool:

I think he has retired but he was very handy in his day

jimy1.jpg

Can anyone give there view on these questions
Who is favorite to win it this year?
Who will drop out the 5 from last season?
Can East realisticly make the 5 and trouble the top sides?
Are corioi back to there best ?

Lets fire this up a bit been to tame lately.

word on the street is bannockburn are looking very weak?? is that a true fact or not ?

Banno are looking very weak if there training is anything to go by. Few tubbies running around no one as big as the coach though. U/18's have retained most players and will be the force of the comp...Stormy super coach at the helm.

Banno will look for the youth coming up through the ranks. At least five should play senior footy. GDFL sides need to put more effort into their juniors as at the end of 2006 only three sides were competitive.

Lets fire this up a bit been to tame lately

In order:

Werribee Cemtrals
Thompson
No
They haven't won a flag since 1995, so what do you mean their best?

Banno are looking very weak if there training is anything to go by. Few tubbies running around no one as big as the coach though. U/18's have retained most players and will be the force of the comp...Stormy super coach at the helm.
a lot of big name players havent been training yet including
alistair woods, matthew lewis, nick farr, brandon dawber, aaron broom, rob giles. 18s might have some guns but theyll lose a few to seniors.

Lets fire this up a bit been to tame lately.
bell post hill for the flag
thomson and north out of 5
east and anakie in
yes i reckon theyll sneak 4th or 5th
no they arent

bell post hill for the flag
thomson and north out of 5
east and anakie in
yes i reckon theyll sneak 4th or 5th
no they arent

bell post hill have had a MASSIVE pre season
although thomson has signed royce vardy havnt they ??
east geelong to be the underdogs
north wont go further than last year but dont count them off
corio will struggle alot this year,specially if they could arely put a team in against newcomb
bannockburn have lost alot of strenght from last year woudnt be suprised to see them finish 6-7
anakie have recruioted some young guns but will lack expeirence
geelong west & inverleigh wont be much chop this year
weribee and winch have been quiet i thought
belmont lions even with h.williams still wont move from the bottom 4 of the ladder

any injurys?? breakouts anything let me know plz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bell post hill have had a MASSIVE pre season
although thomson has signed royce vardy havnt they ??
east geelong to be the underdogs
north wont go further than last year but dont count them off
corio will struggle alot this year,specially if they could arely put a team in against newcomb
bannockburn have lost alot of strenght from last year woudnt be suprised to see them finish 6-7
anakie have recruioted some young guns but will lack expeirence
geelong west & inverleigh wont be much chop this year
weribee and winch have been quiet i thought
belmont lions even with h.williams still wont move from the bottom 4 of the ladder

any injurys?? breakouts anything let me know plz
no they haven't. according the age newspaper on the weekend he has signed somewhere else.

I would say Bell Post Hill are favorites.
Bannockburn will miss the top 5
East will finish top 5 i would bet my left nut on it
Corio will be a chance to finish 5th

Prediction
Bell post hill
Thompson
East Geelong
North Geelong
Corio

I would say Bell Post Hill are favorites.
Bannockburn will miss the top 5
East will finish top 5 i would bet my left nut on it
Corio will be a chance to finish 5th

Prediction
Bell post hill
Thompson
East Geelong
North Geelong
Corio

Bell Post Hill will be red hot favourites to finish top 3 with Thompson and maybe Anakie - Corio.
Your left nut is not looking good - East wont finish in the 5 sorry - but having 1 nut you can still produce the goods - good luck buddy!!!!

Bell Post Hill will be red hot favourites to finish top 3 with Thompson and maybe Anakie - Corio.
Your left nut is not looking good - East wont finish in the 5 sorry - but having 1 nut you can still produce the goods - good luck buddy!!!!

Agree with you that BPH deserve to be favorites along with Thompson, but to say East wont finish top 5 is ridiculous! Will finish 3rd or 4th at worst I would think. Anakie has a recent history of being terrible despite turning over numerous players, Hard to get quality out Fairy Park way. Corio still not sure bout but will be the other one competing for 3-4 position. Outside of that cant win the flag in my opinion.
If players could bet on the footy, would have everything on East to make top 5!

Agree with you that BPH deserve to be favorites along with Thompson, but to say East wont finish top 5 is ridiculous! Will finish 3rd or 4th at worst I would think. Anakie has a recent history of being terrible despite turning over numerous players, Hard to get quality out Fairy Park way. Corio still not sure bout but will be the other one competing for 3-4 position. Outside of that cant win the flag in my opinion.

Do you play for East Palmers Pumchline?
If so are the reports true that they are flying at training and practice match form has been good?

Do you play for East Palmers Pumchline?
If so are the reports true that they are flying at training and practice match form has been good?

Dont play for East and havent seen any praccy matches or training 1st hand but have an interest in them. Looking forward to seeing them during the year time and schedules permitting. Based purely on the facts that recruits that are rumoured to be playing there, the fact that Thompson are coming back to the pack and knowing the standard of the GDFL, I would be suprised if they didnt make the 5.

It was just that you said "If players could bet you would have everything on it" why would you say that if you dont play?

How long have you played at east?
I am a supporter also and think they can make the 5

What A Fantastic Article In Todays Geelong Advertiser On A Club That Needs Publicity.
Great Story And Very Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back