GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as O'Toole's cousin and mates are out at Corio and no doubt he loves the place, I would think the other guys he's made a pact with would want to play for more than just friendship alone. No doubt individually they could ask for and get some decent money. It may be crap but I was told that it would cost as a package about 70k for all of his group.

ok u have wallace but doesnt he just add to a ageing list already hopefully some of the u/18s can stand up.:p
That would be hard as they struggled to field an u/18 side this year. wallace will need to bring a few to match the likes of werribee centrals recruits;)

ok u have wallace but doesnt he just add to a ageing list already hopefully some of the u/18s can stand up.:p

Might be being a little harsh legs. As a coach his experience will be important but agree that he does need an even list with some good juniors coming through to pass on his knowledge to.

by the sounds of it he needs 2 recuit well no reid worland hardingham kitchen kelly kunigiskis macca harvey callow day both mclures dont think he will b able to replace them with cdfl players

Romour has it not all these players are leaving from Winch
Hardingham and Kitchen are off to Werribee
Macca won't play at winch
Harvey is going to North shore or Corio

Winch might be looking alright. They're close to signing a ruckmen from Warnambool. Chasing the leading goal kicker from the CDFL and a few others from the CDFL. Not to mention they have there eyes on some very handy GFL two's players. Scotty Mills is a good mate of mine and I'm sure he has the right attitude and a new coaching style to take Winch to the finals next year.

Rumour also has it that Bannock might be signing a few blokes from Melbourne.
A few from Donvale Football club in the Eastern District Football league.
One from spotswood football club. A rover and a former player of Bannock and St Mary's.
All are said to be quality senior players.

Winch might be looking alright. They're close to signing a ruckmen from Warnambool. Chasing the leading goal kicker from the CDFL and a few others from the CDFL. Not to mention they have there eyes on some very handy GFL two's players. Scotty Mills is a good mate of mine and I'm sure he has the right attitude and a new coaching style to take Winch to the finals next year.
How hold would these two guys be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those four players definately wont be at winch next year.
Kelly is going overseas for that start of the season and i'm pretty sure Worland will be playing for Finley next year. What the rest of the other players do will depend on how Winch recruit.
I think anyone who goes out to Winch will have a very tough job on their hands. They have no unders coming up. They struggle for a two's side every year.
The only way Winch will make finals is if they can recruit 5 QUALITY players, pick up at least another 5 average players to add some depth and then they can't afford to lose Reid, Kelly, McClures, Day, Callow and Co.

All those four players definately wont be at winch next year.
Kelly is going overseas for that start of the season and i'm pretty sure Worland will be playing for Finley next year. What the rest of the other players do will depend on how Winch recruit.
I think anyone who goes out to Winch will have a very tough job on their hands. They have no unders coming up. They struggle for a two's side every year.
The only way Winch will make finals is if they can recruit 5 QUALITY players, pick up at least another 5 average players to add some depth and then they can't afford to lose Reid, Kelly, McClures, Day, Callow and Co.
Looks like 2008 could be an extremely very long year for Winch.

Yes Jetski...Think it will be very tight next year...Clubs all round need to get stronger and not be content (eg. Thomson not happy with 5th last year)....A few recruits will help but pre-season can't come quickly enough for the blokes - young and old.

Yes Jetski...Think it will be very tight next year...Clubs all round need to get stronger and not be content (eg. Thomson not happy with 5th last year)....A few recruits will help but pre-season can't come quickly enough for the blokes - young and old.

The only problem with becoming stronger, means that spending has to be increased to continually raise the bar. (East and Belmont are examples)
Looking at this years U18 comp, there doesn't seem to be too many clubs who have good juniors coming through. This is the only way to offset cost, yet it may not lead to success.

i was told yesterday,from someone that has contacts at hoppers crossing that bell post hill missed out on picking up players from hoppers cause one of the players is close 2 breakin games rec at hoppers and one wont go with out the other.GOOD MAIL.:p

i was told yesterday,from someone that has contacts at hoppers crossing that bell post hill missed out on picking up players from hoppers cause one of the players is close 2 breakin games rec at hoppers and one wont go with out the other.GOOD MAIL.:p
have inverliegh got any players yet:confused:

havent heard anthing but leave it to me,i think clubs like inver and winch may find it hard to get players out there being that both clubs r 25-30min out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back