GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Tim Gardiner. Has anyone heard the rumour that he was interviewed this week for the coaching job at Newcomb. A tough job now that all those Corio guys have taken their premiership medals and cash and headed back to the Devils. Although it does free up a bit of cash that may entice him there.

Speaking of Tim Gardiner. Has anyone heard the rumour that he was interviewed this week for the coaching job at Newcomb. A tough job now that all those Corio guys have taken their premiership medals and cash and headed back to the Devils. Although it does free up a bit of cash that may entice him there.

I doubt whether there would be any cash left. But anyway, Tim, is a great competitor, and hopefully he can instill those qualities into their young team.

This would be a suprise to me as I thought he was a Thomson man thru and thru.

With all those recruits Corio have apparently signed it is hard to see them not going all the way next year. It would be a major blow to the Devils if they can't pull it off in 2008 with a list as good as that.
Other than Stewart and Nicholls haven't most of the others played together at Corio before with no success. No doubt they will improve but to install them as the favourite in November is a big call given that no-one even knows who else is going to the other clubs.

Whiskers any truth you have signed at Roosters for season 08 along with Parker from the hill. Also heard Page Lara Bowyer Joeys. Also any truth to the rumor you were down at VFL and was told not to come back.

Other than Stewart and Nicholls haven't most of the others played together at Corio before with no success. No doubt they will improve but to install them as the favourite in November is a big call given that no-one even knows who else is going to the other clubs.

They were beaten in 3 grand finals (02, 04, 05) against top opposition. Their time will come.

Wouldn't think so and is definitely not true...Tim's a proud Thommy man! Rumor has it though Newcomb were knocked back by Daryl Bisset

Wouldn't think so and is definitely not true...Tim's a proud Thommy man! Rumor has it though Newcomb were knocked back by Daryl Bisset

Correct on both accounts about Tim Gardiner and Darly Bisset and also herad that Newcomb have appointed Leopolds coach from last year Peter Mascall I think thats his name.

Whiskers any truth you have signed at Roosters for season 08 along with Parker from the hill. Also heard Page Lara Bowyer Joeys. Also any truth to the rumor you were down at VFL and was told not to come back.

you make me laugh you really do. have no signed nothing and wont be for a while, first ive heard of parker. page to lara im 90% sure,bowyer im unsure of. what about ya great self ?

no disrespect to this years grand finalist but they would not have got close thompson Corio or Werribee with the sides they had between 2001 and 2006 so you would think with corio getting these players back they deserve to be early favourites and stewart and nichols are fair inclusions definately the best ruckman in gdfl now and nicholls will win league b & f bye a mile

no disrespect to this years grand finalist but they would not have got close thompson Corio or Werribee with the sides they had between 2001 and 2006 so you would think with corio getting these players back they deserve to be early favourites and stewart and nichols are fair inclusions definately the best ruckman in gdfl now and nicholls will win league b & f bye a mile
The perception is that the sides of yesteryear are always better than those going around today so I see the comparison as irrelevent. In regard to the other comments given Stewart has never played GDFL (I might be wrong) how can you compare and for Nicholls it is great to see an ex-AFL player in the GDFL but he didn't exatly set the house on fire at North Shore so current form says he will need to improve.

Every year we tout the capabilities of those players who come into the GDFL saying they are going to dominate but when you look back over the thread the people that have and continue to dominate are those players that have always been in the GDFL, e,g, Gardiner, Fastuca, Trotter, Maheras, Mullane-Grant, O'Toole etc etc.

The perception is that the sides of yesteryear are always better than those going around today so I see the comparison as irrelevent. In regard to the other comments given Stewart has never played GDFL (I might be wrong) how can you compare and for Nicholls it is great to see an ex-AFL player in the GDFL but he didn't exatly set the house on fire at North Shore so current form says he will need to improve.

Every year we tout the capabilities of those players who come into the GDFL saying they are going to dominate but when you look back over the thread the people that have and continue to dominate are those players that have always been in the GDFL, e,g, Gardiner, Fastuca, Trotter, Maheras, Mullane-Grant, O'Toole etc etc.

I do agree with this comment to a certain extent. In previous years, names like Suto, M Russell (both GFL premiership players) Inella, Tobin and even this year, Skrobba didn't have the impact everyone thought they would.
Having said that, Stewy does have the runs on the board everywhere he has played, only time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with Scott Donohue i rate him as a player very highly could of been like his little brother in Adam and made it in the AFL but he hit the piss to early in his life;)
nah great player scott donohue and a great bloke and i heard he might be havin a run with grovedale footy club in the GFL this year but dont know if thats true
any way always a scotty donohue fan:thumbsu:

Other than Stewart and Nicholls haven't most of the others played together at Corio before with no success. No doubt they will improve but to install them as the favourite in November is a big call given that no-one even knows who else is going to the other clubs.[/quote
Short memory Mark Stewart is a Neville Whitley medallist as an 18 yr old 1992 and will dominate

Brett Nolan, Mark Harvey and Andrew Fergusson have not played senior footy for Corio also you should do you home work and they wont run into a side like they did in recent years

In regard to the other comments given Stewart has never played GDFL

your wrong again pretty boy
he played early nineties for corio under tyquin
As I said champ I might be wrong so thanks for correcting me.

drago i think u should look at your own clubs history at recruitment (post mick thompson sacking).
its taken u 10 yrs to recover from his sacking.
Dud after dud coach and recruits.
These guys are loyal and keep going back home.Your players never come back!

Did Brett Nolan spend a year at Nth Geelong in 2005?
He did play a year at North Geelong but don't think he played a lot of games because of injuries. Cant remember if he had a year off footy or even played for another side other than North Shore before joining the pies.

drago i think u should look at your own clubs history at recruitment (post mick thompson sacking).
its taken u 10 yrs to recover from his sacking.
Dud after dud coach and recruits.
These guys are loyal and keep going back home.Your players never come back!
Couldn't agree with you more and I will even add examlpes of the duds if you want.

Not only has the club recuited poorly we haven't been able to keep the good ones we have got and this was shown by the fact that in Newcombs GF side this year they had 3 players who had won a B&F at our club.

the best example was your boards desicion to sack Micky Thompson with his experience for adam sheridan with only u/18 coaching experience behind him and bung leg was laughable and a huge waste of money and then left you guys for dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back