Geelong and Hawthorn record monumentally embarrassing 1300 page shitfight thread. (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not entirely correct. We still have 2 years to bring in a first round selection along with our 2018 first rounder. :D

Time to concern yourselves with your own club and the worst trade period in the history of the game. :thumbsu:

While we're competing for a premiership next year you're shovelling shit uphill with the also-rans, and having traded away your entire future for a bloke with no knee caps and a slow plodder who'll find it hard with no stars around him for support like he had at Sydney.
If you are going to injury troll, get the injury right. His knee caps are fine.

Yes we've only won 4 flags since I got here. I'm obviously bad luck :rolleyes:

Not every player has made it in that time and I remember a few threads started by you hailing a few of those players as future superstars.

But to be fair your predictions aren't as bad as Bosk.

Not every player has made it in that time and I remember a few threads started by you hailing a few of those players as future superstars.

There were some ironic ones, like Renouf being your new god, but the serious ones were pretty much spot on. Obviously Schoenmakers is a miss, although only in defence, and I really was ahead of my time in recognising Shane Savage, the last draft pick of 2008, as a gun comparable to Tom Scully the number 1 draft pick that year. Also my thread about the next generation of Hawthorn, which preceded the threepeat, was centimetre perfect.

Are you planning on trading Dangerfield? because no one else on your list will get you a 1st rounder on their own.
That's what's disappointing about the last 20 odd pages since your disastrous trading period... at least attempt to make it believable.

That's what's disappointing about the last 20 odd pages since your disastrous trading period... at least attempt to make it believable.
So tell us about the players who will get you a 1st rounder at the trade table then?

There are plenty, so quit with the idiocy.
If there are plenty how come you can't give me a name? We know that Motlop won't get you one. Selwood maybe, but he's getting old and no one likes him. Come on give me a name of a single player on your list outside of Dangerfield that would get you a 1st rounder on their own at the trade table?

If there are plenty how come you can't give me a name? We know that Motlop won't get you one. Selwood maybe, but he's getting old and no one likes him. Come on give me a name of a single player on your list outside of Dangerfield that would get you a 1st rounder on their own at the trade table?
:rolleyes:

School holidays again, eh?

Both Tuohy and Henderson would nab first round picks for starters and that's a fact.

There are plenty, so quit with the idiocy.
...you just can't name any huh? Full of bullshit as usual. :rolleyes:

You have 0 players except Clangerfield worth a 1st rounder.

Both Tuohy and Henderson would nab first round picks for starters and that's a fact.
LOL only from a club that's desperate to top up to save the coach's job.

Just because you dolled out 1st rounders for them doesn't mean they would get you a 1st rounder if you put them up for trade at the end of next year.

Henderson will be turning 29 in 2018 - no one is giving you a 1st rounder for someone in their very late 20's and isn't elite

Tuohy - well he'll be turning 28 in 2018 as well, and again he isn't elite, so no one is giving you a 1st rounder for someone in their late 20's.

You guys couldn't even get more Caddy than we got for Hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because you dolled out 1st rounders for them doesn't mean they would get you a 1st rounder if you put them up for trade at the end of next year.

Henderson will be turning 29 in 2018 - no one is giving you a 1st rounder for someone in their very late 20's and isn't elite

Tuohy - well he'll be turning 28 in 2018 as well, and again he isn't elite, so no one is giving you a 1st rounder for someone in their late 20's.

So they're worth first rounders still, eh?

It's amazing how you're still persisting with your stupidious call but it's not surprising coming from someone who thinks Ablett Snr was a career full forward based on '1' team named in an AFL record... It's amazing in all honesty.

But no, Selwood isn't worth a first rounder based on your opinion that 'nobody likes him.' :$

...you just can't name any huh? Full of bullshit as usual. :rolleyes:

You have 0 players except Clangerfield worth a 1st rounder.

LOL only from a club that's desperate to top up to save the coach's job.
Now you're contradicting yourself. Either Geelong got Caddy's worth and had a successful trade period or they didn't and it was a flop. Which is it?

And I wouldn't bang on about desperation if I were you. You sold both your farm and the next door neighbours for a bloke who hasn't played for two years and whose knees are rooted.

But Hill has a lot more currency than Caddy, 3x premiership player and a year younger.

So they're worth first rounders still, eh?

It's amazing how you're still persisting with your stupidious call but it's not surprising coming from someone who thinks Ablett Snr was a career full forward based on '1' team named in an AFL record... It's amazing in all honesty.

But no, Selwood isn't worth a first rounder based on your opinion that 'nobody likes him.' :$

Now you're contradicting yourself. Either Geelong got Caddy's worth and had a successful trade period or they didn't and it was a flop. Which is it?

And I wouldn't bang on about desperation if I were you. You sold both your farm and the next door neighbours for a bloke who hasn't played for two years and whose knees are rooted.
Danger, Selwood and Hawkins would easily command first round picks, Tuohy and Henderson are borderline, Menengola is a smokey if he has a year like the start of last season and not the end.
It will pretty much need a top eight side to be very interested as there is no way they are worth a top ten pick.

The problem you puddytatts face is everyone knows that you need to trade for a first rounder so it becomes a buyers market.

I think you will be parting with Tuohy and Motlop plus picks.

So tell us about the players who will get you a 1st rounder at the trade table then?

Maybe you can tell us how you'll get Fyfe when Freo match.

Danger, Selwood and Hawkins would easily command first round picks, Tuohy and Henderson are borderline, Menengola is a smokey if he has a year like the start of last season and not the end.
It will pretty much need a top eight side to be very interested as there is no way they are worth a top ten pick.

The problem you puddytatts face is everyone knows that you need to trade for a first rounder so it becomes a buyers market.

I think you will be parting with Tuohy and Motlop plus picks.
There's a few more who'd fetch first rounders that's evident with Josh Caddy (who didn't finish in the top 10 of our best and fairest) fetching pick 24 and you blokes laughing that we got unders.

It's enlightening interacting with a Hawthorn supporter who speaks a little sense for a change in lieu of the two muppets who frequent this thread with their stupidity trolling.

Wells will manage to bring one back either next year or in 2018.

I'd be more concerned as a Hawthorn supporter with your club going into points deficit at the draft and watching as your first pick in 2017 drops further down the draft table due to not having enough point this year for your father/son... That's of course if he doesn't choose Adelaide.

A 24 year old best 22 midfielder who can play forward? Yes he was worth a 1st rounder. Richmond paid unders & you failed to offload Motlop, plus you traded out Kersten & Vardy for steak knives. Of course it was an awful trade period for Geelong your own supporters say as much on the Cats board.

While we rejuvenate our side & plan for the future, you top up right at the start of GWS' era of invincibility. Nice timing there D/Hs! :D

There's a few more who'd fetch first rounders
Then name them.

A 24 year old best 22 midfielder who can play forward? Yes he was worth a 1st rounder. Richmond paid unders & you failed to offload Motlop, plus you traded out Kersten & Vardy for steak knives. Of course it was an awful trade period for Geelong your own supporters say as much on the Cats board.

While we rejuvenate our side & plan for the future, you top up right at the start of GWS' era of invincibility. Nice timing there D/Hs! :D

Then name them.
So any of the 11 or so who finished ahead of him in the best and Fairest are worth first round picks then according to your rating of Caddy.:D

Of course though, Caddy didn't start in the midfield this year, he wasn't considered to be in our best 6 midfielders. A little research wouldn't go astray. :D

Dangerfield, Selwood, Guthrie, Duncan, Hawkins, Henderson and Tuohy off the top of my head are all worth first round picks and by the time the 2017/2018 trade periods rolls around there's a fair chance Kolodjasnij, Cockatoo, Menzel and one or two others will join them.

I'm not sure you've rated either of Kersten or Vardy in the past either so why start now?

I suppose if it makes you feel a little better about your own clubs shortcomings in the trade period then go ahead, continue to try and convince yourself ours was anywhere near in terms of incompetency.

We have cap space next year to welcome all of Fyfe, Smith and Ablett into the fray. How would you like a midfield of Dangerfield, Selwood, Fyfe and Ablett running around in the hoops. :D

As for your own club, let's see if your good enough to finish above 10th when your free fall begins next year.

There's a few more who'd fetch first rounders that's evident with Josh Caddy (who didn't finish in the top 10 of our best and fairest) fetching pick 24 and you blokes laughing that we got unders.

It's enlightening interacting with a Hawthorn supporter who speaks a little sense for a change in lieu of the two muppets who frequent this thread with their stupidity trolling.

Wells will manage to bring one back either next year or in 2018.

I'd be more concerned as a Hawthorn supporter with your club going into points deficit at the draft and watching as your first pick in 2017 drops further down the draft table due to not having enough point this year for your father/son... That's of course if he doesn't choose Adelaide.
Shit, Ill have to improve my trolling! ;)

I wasn't aware that you could go into 18, that will make it easier but you will still be bent over (although Hawthorn might be able to assist then- we are very professional to trade with).

As far as going into deficit goes, I personally could not care less.
A lot of Hawks dont rate Jarman jnr. as he's small and lazy but im of the opinion that he's worth the risk, his Dad was amazing and his uncle the same and neither of them were huge and both were lazy as- when your that good, why bother trying.
Harry Dear is another possible option as is they youngest Langford, i think- anyway we really have no choice as were ****ed as far as the draft goes otherwise.

Although who knows Clarko just signed an irish rugby player.

As to how it will all turn out, who knows?
We wont go down like the Lions though thats for sure.
Better to burn out than fade away and all that...

You got in two mid in and Vickery you lost your top 2 B&F winners for nothing and you lost outside run in Hill.

It is telling that the Hawks have had to sell the farm to get 2 risky mids in. Where are the Hawks 2nd tier mids? Why have the not stood up and taken the mantle from Lewis and Mitchell?

It's because they are shit and have been riding on the coat tails of the champs. You only have to look at the b&f to see that. Now those champs are gone and if JOM and Mitchell don't fire as you hope the Hawks are in massive shit. Your midfield depth is appalling yet you worry about our depth. Your backline is no better.

All you can do is cry about us losing two VFL Players for more than your two.champs.

Make a short term front loaded offer they cant match
if they do
Goodluck to Freo because I dont think we will be offering anything if we didnt think he wanted to leave/come.

This seems to be your answer to everything.

Problem is that contracts have to be at least 2 years and its the value of the contract of over the 2 or more years. Frontloading does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back