3 recent flags but the Cats are nearly as broke as Brisbane. Why?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats win that. Can't remember exactly but isn't already over $10 million in state funding for their stadium.

As I expect the usual uneducated rant or trolling from you I will get in first.
Hawks organised their own deal with Tasmania, not the AFL. The AFL wanted a team to play 6-7 games a season and did not want Hawks renewing their 4 game deal there, the AFL wanted a struggling Melbourne based club(NTH,Saints, possibly Bombers), not the Hawks. They got in first much to the AFL's displeasure. The Tasmania deal is simply a major sponsor and if that's a handout, it's handout all clubs are getting. Collingwood probably get just as much if not more than Hawks do from their major sponsor. Richmond would not be far off and if Essendank were not such a pitiful disgrace on our great game, they would also probably get more from their major sponsor. None of the above have to play home games out of Melbourne.

Hawks get Waverley for nothing as it was part of a settlement. The Hawks had from memory a 50 year contract to play at Waverley. The AFL tried to push them into Etinard Stadium and the Hawks resisted. Ian Dicker fought the AFL over the move and that is how they ended up with Waverley, Mirvac could only develop so much of the land and the rest had to remain, now the Hawks only have to pay upkeep for their training facilities. Could have easily been the Saints if they were not stupid enough to go to Etinard stadium.
http://tasmaniantimes.com/index.php/article/hawthorn-its-a-con.-a-fraud

Tasmania government fudging numbers has nothing to do with Hawthorn, they are simply a major sponsor.
:D

Article is full of gold.

Over the course of our respective histories you are. It's why you're trying mightily hard to dismiss them.:drunk:

Not to mention you also have an inferior dynasty. :cool:

So much derp.

Flags are what we play for and our efforts put everyone to shame.

Maybe Roger can show you how it works?

So much derp.

Flags are what we play for and our efforts put everyone to shame.

Maybe Roger can show you how it works?
I'm quite sure a few teams have more flags and less spoons throughout their entire history than your dismal club. Yep, there's more facts. :thumbsu:
That article is an opinion piece. Can you please provide one with some facts?
I've provided 2 with facts now... its why you're still here showing disdain, remember.
How's that phone a friend answer progressing?:oops:

:D

Article is full of gold.
I read the article again and it has nothing to do with the Hawks. Hawthorn are not responsible for how the state government wants to value their sponsorship arrangement.
The other point some have brought up is the $2 million loss Aurora stadium has each year underwritten. Again this has nothing to do with the Hawks, they play their 4 days a year. What happens outside of that time with the stadium is not their issue. As long as Aurora is profitable for those 4 weekends that Hawks play there and I'm confident they are there is again no problem. Hawks are simply guests to the Aurora stadium 4 days a year and rightly so have no responsibility in the costs of the stadium for 365 days a year.
Article is also an opinion piece and not facts and still nothing to do with the Hawks. If a team is or was sponsored by Volkswagen, they're not responsible for Volkswagens recent emissions dramas.

Article is not Gold, but a 3peat sure is.

I'm quite sure a few teams have more flags and less spoons throughout their entire history than your dismal club. Yep, there's more facts. :thumbsu:

I've provided 2 with facts now... its why you're still here showing disdain, remember.
How's that phone a friend answer progressing?:oops:

Sorry champ.

Facts are we average more flags over our history than Geelong, Essendon, Carlton or Collingwood.

You guys are in double digits for Christ sake... :$

Sorry champ.

Facts are we average more flags over our history than Geelong, Essendon, Carlton or Collingwood.

A flag every 4 years for the last 54 years. It's a 50+ year rolling dynasty.

Sorry champ.

Who said anything about averages? 'Flags are what we play for' remember? The facts remain, you're behind a few throughout respective histories... not surprised a simpleton who can't count above 3, like yourself, would fail comprehending such simplistic reasoning, then self pwning as a result. :thumbsu:

A flag every 4 years for the last 54 years. It's a 50+ year rolling dynasty.

When you take into account our woeful early history - and our spoons - it makes it even more remarkable.

A flag every 7-8 years and we didn't make finals for the first 30 odd seasons.

It's not just a great Australian story, it's a record that stacks up in any professional football league.

I read the article again and it has nothing to do with the Hawks. Hawthorn are not responsible for how the state government wants to value their sponsorship arrangement.
The other point some have brought up is the $2 million loss Aurora stadium has each year underwritten. Again this has nothing to do with the Hawks, they play their 4 days a year. What happens outside of that time with the stadium is not their issue. As long as Aurora is profitable for those 4 weekends that Hawks play there and I'm confident they are there is again no problem. Hawks are simply guests to the Aurora stadium 4 days a year and rightly so have no responsibility in the costs of the stadium for 365 days a year.
Article is also an opinion piece and not facts and still nothing to do with the Hawks. If a team is or was sponsored by Volkswagen, they're not responsible for Volkswagens recent emissions dramas.

Article is not Gold, but a 3peat sure is.
I'll save that piece of Gold for another day. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said anything about averages? 'Flags are what we play for' remember? The facts remain, you're behind a few throughout respective histories... not surprised a simpleton who can't count above 3, like yourself, would fail comprehending such simplistic reasoning, then self pwning as a result. :thumbsu:

Perhaps read his comment first before melting.

List of teams with 13 or more Premierships since 1925.
Hawthorn

Yep that's it list complete.

You were the one who brought up percentages. Remember? Those charts you posted that were completely wrong?

You tried to tell us that winning percentages were what made your club more successful than ours.

Once again, you got shot down.

Self pwning indeed...

You were the one who brought up percentages. Remember? Those charts you posted that were completely wrong?

You tried to tell us that winning percentages were what made your club more successful than ours.

Once again, you got shot down.

Self pwning indeed...
No I never! This current argument revolves around some clubs having more flags and less spoons throughout their history than Hawthorn, (and there's a few) to which you introduced averages as a means to make yourself feel a little more secure about that 'fact'.

You used the 'flags is what we play for' and Hawthorn put everyone to shame. I duly pointed out the fact that there are other clubs throughout history that are more dominant in this regard... It was then you realised your self pwning and introduced averages.

Now in your desperation you've resorted back to pie charts (which are correct) that you refuse to acknowledge because they again make your entitlement look a little out of place, and your club a little more inferior, and not to mention ones that are completely irrelevant to the current discussion anyway.

Those charts were used to refute an allegation that Geelong were only good in 5 out of the last 50 years... not my fault you jumped into the debate with an unsteady hand, lips trembling and without reading every post.

Good to see you're still my bitch. :thumbsu:

No I never! This current argument revolves around some clubs having more flags and less spoons throughout their history than Hawthorn, (and there's a few) to which you introduced averages as a means to make yourself feel a little more secure about that 'fact'.

You used the 'flags is what we play for' and Hawthorn put everyone to shame. I duly pointed out the fact that there are other clubs throughout history that are more dominant in this regard... It was then you realised your self pwning and introduced averages.

Now in your desperation you've resorted back to pie charts (which are correct) that you refuse to acknowledge because they again make your entitlement look a little out of place, and your club a little more inferior, and not to mention ones that are completely irrelevant to the current discussion anyway.

Those charts were used to refute an allegation that Geelong were only good in 5 out of the last 50 years... not my fault you jumped into the debate with an unsteady hand, lips trembling and without reading every post.

Nokia's melting again.

Have Hawthorn won more flags than Geelong:

image.gif

Now that that's settled, it's time to move on.

Thanks for being my bitches people and thanks for giving me this chance to make a chorus of Hawthorn supporters melt for a week or so... it's been a pleasure.:thumbsu:

I was disappointed no answer was forthcoming, despite multiple attempts. :( That is the state of their supporter base now though.

Massive Meltdown.

image.jpg

Hawks have flogged the Cats for Premierships with 29 less years.

4>3
13>9

Last edited:
So hawthorn didn't make finals for the first 30 years in the big leagues....lol

What goes around, comes around.
Like most clubs the time will come when you are eating a wooden spoon full of cement while mummy is yelling 'Harding the F up'
Please, enjoy it while it lasts...
O, your future is albino Langford and hairline hartung lol that's cute, good luck with that :)

Now that that's settled, it's time to move on.

Thanks for being my bitches people and thanks for giving me this chance to make a chorus of Hawthorn supporters melt for a week or so... it's been a pleasure.:thumbsu:

I was disappointed no answer was forthcoming, despite multiple attempts. :( That is the state of their supporter base now though.

Do you have a knifing to attend, or has the wife put her foot down again?

Do you have a knifing to attend, or has the wife put her foot down again?
I've just cut a swathe through your supporter base, so I guess that answers your question. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back