Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Cats Supporters!

You couldn't have played any better.

I'm a massive Chris Scott fan.

Hey I'm curious to know what the general feel is towards the boy from Cairns Saints

He looked like he went ok last night and looking a little more comfortable in the team.

What's his season been like so far?

Hey I'm curious to know what the general feel is towards the boy from Cairns Saints

He looked like he went ok last night and looking a little more comfortable in the team.

Who?

We all just need to dance like pre-match Max Holmes

And yes this is pre-match

I hope this is what we see from the team across the rest of the month - be relaxed, be happy and be enjoying themselves

It's something that became very noticeable in 2022 & again last night compared with 2023 - when the team is happy, when the players are smiling & enjoying themselves is when they play their best football. **** being robots, being straight faced & emotionless all match - smile & be happy, as that's when our best football is played

How's that attitude from the guys? Relaxed. Confident. Ready to go. Know they can get it done.

Meanwhile you've got clubs like Adelaide and Port who make footy seem like life or death and their seasons are either Dead On Arrival or on Life Support.

I think we're going to find that the more relaxed approaches of Hawthorn and Geelong (and Brisbane to an extent) provide better results from young players than the old school approach.

Love his work. I wasn't entirely sure how he'd go when he came across. Thought he'd be solid or maybe a bit of a fringe player.

But he's blown past my expectations - I'm confident that when he has the ball he'll either do the right thing or he'll do something incredible that I didn't even think of doing.

That he came with Pick 7 mad everyone concentrate on the pick. And while Clark (who we got with 7) will probably come good, Bowes is great right here and now.

Has been a difference maker for the club but is in the shadows of Stengle, Humphries etc who have been elite pickups.

Hawkins hasn't taken 9+ marks in a game since r7 last year vs Essendon, when he kicked 8. The most he took this year is 6. Not to mention all the packs that Neale crashed to bring the ball to ground, which Hawkins is physically unable to do these days.

Hawkins has been my favourite player for a decade, but Neale has booked his spot in the PF and, if we get there, the GF with last night's performance. He was marking it like Stewie Loewe - to do that in his first final, in a hostile environment is super exciting.

Love the guy but he hasn't done it for 10 years.

He said in an article once that crashing packs etc wasn't how the position was played these days 😐

What's this about Hinkley not preparing the team ahead of the final and putting doubt into them, tell me he honestly didn't say finals are scary?
Not sure. But this was posted in the Port autopsy thread:

Saw the vision before the game cats were jumpin around havin a good time pregame meanwhile hinkley stairing everyone down like the sith lord he is and who woulda guessed drew shits himself first possy go figure. I reckon finals arent scary but kern does his mental ****ery to instill this belief into our club. I mean which kind of ****head thinks its a good idea to surprise his own team and sub his star player. Was always going to deflate the team why wouldnt you just tell them straight up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone actually remember a better win by the club outside of Grand Finals? 4/1 odds leading into the game, playing in enemy territory, no Stewy, Port with 8 wins from their past 9, all and sundry questioning our credentials, relatively inexperienced lineup compared to previous finals campaigns, and yet we emerge 84 point victors.

Sure, we’ve dealt out some September smackings in the past, but under the circumstances I think this one is far more meritorious than just about all of the others.
I've never been happier to lose a 4 leg multi, where I stuffed up was over estimating Port and taking cats by 40 or less 🤦

Mental. What a performance. Cats and Scott dismantle Port like a cheap lego set. Holmes eleventh thousand meters gained. Neale hands sticky. Lawson The Surgeon.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Such a thing does not exist

Outside of Stewart for Mullin or Bews we shouldn't be making any changes. Could make an argument for SDK in over Stanley, but I'd be hesitant now. I like 2E as sub over Duncan. SDK really unlucky to miss out but he has been poor in defense and only played good in the ruck.

The class of Neale though… 😻
Actually it wasn't that classy - I listened to this live last night and the interviewer asked something along the lines of "If Tom Hawkins comes back in will you hold your spot?" - which I thought was a bit on the nose. Neale fumbled around for a while talking about playing together and then came out with this quote to toe the line, but he really, really sounded like "I do not want to lose my spot". - it was an unfair question and Neale handled it well enough

Big finals win just gave Cats other big boosts.
Some Free Agents may now nominate Cats.

The other premiership contenders be quaking.
Media Cat's critics will be eating cold humble pie
AFL boffins will scheming to fix the Draft loop hole
Scientist will be seeking the key to eternal youth.
I thought dangers interview in the post game felt almost like PR exercise with just that in mind

Actually it wasn't that classy - I listened to this live last night and the interviewer asked something along the lines of "If Tom Hawkins comes back in will you hold your spot?" - which I thought was a bit on the nose. Neale fumbled around for a while talking about playing together and then came out with this quote to toe the line, but he really, really sounded like "I do not want to lose my spot". - it was an unfair question and Neale handled it well enough
Still, as you say it’s a difficult question, perhaps even unfair. To land on the line he did shows maturity and class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back