GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how i see it before a single bounce this season (expect a lot to change as it always seems to:p)

but i think it's safe to say

Absolute certainties for finals = East Geelong & Bell Post Hill

Season will be a failure if they don't make Finals = Werribee & Inverleigh

Fighting for the remaining spot = North Geelong, Winchelsea & Thomson

Teams you wouldn't expect to play Finals = Bannockburn & Corio

Teams you'd imagine will struggle = Belmont, Geelong West & Anakie

fair assessment?

only debatable changes IMO are maybe me being a bit harsh on Bannockburn (but I have only heard of key departures, nothing exciting for inclusions) and possibly Belmont, they've actually started to get a few exciting recruits from Deakin Uni but I still think they'll end up bottom 3.

Haven't heard much out of Corio either, few losses (Potter, Nicholls and Clifford) and ageing stars (O'Toole's & Stewart), but they seemed to blood plenty of young kids throughout the year, wouldn't have a clue if they are still there or have gone to North Shore though?

either way though, i think there are 7 teams who can make the 5, and 5 who can't. and i reckon 4 of those spots are already locked in.

Heard that he was definately gone BUT in the last week heard a whisper that things didnt work out and may be back at Corio..anyone from Corio be able to comfirm this??

also, just wanted to point out two GDFL boys in David Peel (Inverleigh) & Brent MacLeod (Thomson) where both named in the best for the Falcons in their 116 point win on the weekend.

great to see them doing well:thumbsu:

Winch went down to sebastapool by 3 goals yesterday.

Any other news from weekend?

Not bad against a ballarat team. big 3 weeks for winch 2 start the season. bph east and inver cant get a tougher start 2 the year.

Also heard blue west beat thompson on the weekend i think blue west will improve this year

Not bad against a ballarat team. big 3 weeks for winch 2 start the season. bph east and inver cant get a tougher start 2 the year.

Also heard blue west beat thompson on the weekend i think blue west will improve this year

Interesting, its all just based on guesswork and indications from last year at this point in time but to me it would appear the 3 teams who may find themselves on a bit of a slide from last year being Thomson, Bannock and Belmont.

1-4 - East on top, possibly BPH,Weribee and Inver in no particular order.

5-8 Thomson, North, Bannock and Corio

9-12 - Winch, West, Anakie and Belmont..

No particular order in any of those but at this stage i would think that may be how things pan out. Battle for 5th spot will again be tight i think but we wont really no for sure until each team plays everyone once.

Would be good to see Inver and North in the finals for something different and exciting young teams but cant beat the experience of Thomson or Bannock.

Expecting Winch and West to both improve and become more competitive :thumbsu:

Interesting, its all just based on guesswork and indications from last year at this point in time but to me it would appear the 3 teams who may find themselves on a bit of a slide from last year being Thomson, Bannock and Belmont.

1-4 - East on top, possibly BPH,Weribee and Inver in no particular order.

5-8 Thomson, North, Bannock and Corio

9-12 - Winch, West, Anakie and Belmont..

No particular order in any of those but at this stage i would think that may be how things pan out. Battle for 5th spot will again be tight i think but we wont really no for sure until each team plays everyone once.

Would be good to see Inver and North in the finals for something different and exciting young teams but cant beat the experience of Thomson or Bannock.

Expecting Winch and West to both improve and become more competitive :thumbsu:

I think you can just about write Thomson off, the loss of Curtis and the retirements of; Gardiner, Hyland, Mahares and Wallace just to name a few and no real ins besides McLean will see them miss the five for the 1st time in 16 years (I think:confused:)

Losing to North Shore by 25 goals and Blue West by 8 goals is the early signs for me.

Quick tip, watch Paul Breguet for North. Freakish ability, will take a number of screamers and kick some uncanny goals this year.

Hi all just like to say it finally looks the year of the panther. fwd line of jovanovic, venner, cavka, hirst and holzfiend looks very powerful. a backline with martin, macnamara and grgic and plenty of on ballers langsworth, lewis, law, fletcher, fursland just to name a few!!!

Quick tip, watch Paul Breguet for North. Freakish ability, will take a number of screamers and kick some uncanny goals this year.

Hasnt been much said about North around here but have heard the he is still struggling with an ankle and is one of a few North players possibly out from there best 22? Any North people able to confirm?

Btw i did see Thomson play one praco and whilst there results have been less then impressive there record in terms of top 5 leaves me not willing to write them off just yet..

Hi all just like to say it finally looks the year of the panther. fwd line of jovanovic, venner, cavka, hirst and holzfiend looks very powerful. a backline with martin, macnamara and grgic and plenty of on ballers langsworth, lewis, law, fletcher, fursland just to name a few!!!

What about otoole or is he going to east now

good to see old mate 'Budda' is on the ball not only with the spelling of his nickname, but also the demographic as to which club Rick is affiliated with. Nice work 'Bood", the educashion haz payed orf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YES, I did hear today that Rick had walked out on the DEVILS. After the 17 free meals he received when parading himself around the Geelong region, and then the final who-har of him staying loyal, I think he finally has parted ways.

from what iv seen this year the boys from the duck pond look up and about! new recruits look switched on and keen. the only negative coming out of centrals is there lack of key defenders

YES, I did hear today that Rick had walked out on the DEVILS. After the 17 free meals he received when parading himself around the Geelong region, and then the final who-har of him staying loyal, I think he finally has parted ways.

I see there is still no official clearance which has been put in, so It might be tough for him to play round one if he does chose to go the East Geelong or BPH. What is the rumour that everyone is hearing? East?

good to see old mate 'Budda' is on the ball not only with the spelling of his nickname, but also the demographic as to which club Rick is affiliated with. Nice work 'Bood", the educashion haz payed orf

I recon I can spell my nickname anyway I choose. I think you should get up with local Footy as you don't no much about it cause Ric otoole is off to east Geelong.

I recon I can spell my nickname anyway I choose. I think you should get up with local Footy as you don't no much about it cause Ric otoole is off to east Geelong.

Obviously everyone knows Ricky is going to leave Corio for East now.

Corio star Ricky O'Toole lodges clearance to join GDFL rivals
LOCAL football journeyman Ricky O'Toole has shocked Corio after walking out on the club one week before the start of the GDFL season.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/04/07/161891_gdfl.html

Fair enough but when i look at what he said back in February it is very interesting, he said this.

And i quote from the article in the Addy.

O'Toole yesterday said loyalty, respect and family links were big motivators in staying at Corio, and conceded the grind of weekly travel to Colac could have posed a problem throughout the season.

"I signed a two-year deal, which I probably didn't read properly, but I wanted to honour the contract and it's all above board, I'm really looking forward to the season.

"I'm a firm believer that if you sign for two years, you honour that, I'm very loyal like that."

Make of that what you will.

Obviously everyone knows Ricky is going to leave Corio for East now.

Corio star Ricky O'Toole lodges clearance to join GDFL rivals
LOCAL football journeyman Ricky O'Toole has shocked Corio after walking out on the club one week before the start of the GDFL season.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/04/07/161891_gdfl.html

Fair enough but when i look at what he said back in February it is very interesting, he said this.

And i quote from the article in the Addy.

O'Toole yesterday said loyalty, respect and family links were big motivators in staying at Corio, and conceded the grind of weekly travel to Colac could have posed a problem throughout the season.

"I signed a two-year deal, which I probably didn't read properly, but I wanted to honour the contract and it's all above board, I'm really looking forward to the season.

"I'm a firm believer that if you sign for two years, you honour that, I'm very loyal like that."

Make of that what you will.
he obviously wants to play in a flag which wont happen at corio,so i think its a great choice

good luck 2 rick,east r a good club and have alot of good people so i wish him all the best
aparently he cracked the shits cos he was in the leadership group or had anything to do with coaching.
Well now east arent gonna win the flag either are they it'll be and inverleigh V Bell POst Hill Grand final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back