Geelong Dynasty - Dynasty? What Dynasty?

Remove this Banner Ad

lol... dynasty?

who cares? we probably all have different definitions of what that is anyway...

Geelong certainly have a period of dominance it'll be remembered for. Which itself compares and perhaps trumps the Brisbane 'dynasty'... so then what does a dynasty matter

lol... dynasty?

who cares? we probably all have different definitions of what that is anyway...

Geelong certainly have a period of dominance it'll be remembered for. Which itself compares and perhaps trumps the Brisbane 'dynasty'... so then what does a dynasty matter
Ultimately the Geelong side of 2007-2010 (and beyond hopefully) will be remembered for what it was - one of the most brilliantly creative and attacking sides of all time that won 2 flags (hopefully more) and managed to stay at the top for so long without any priority picks, draft or salary cap concessions.

Ultimately the Geelong side of 2007-2010 (and beyond hopefully) will be remembered for what it was - one of the most brilliantly creative and attacking sides of all time that won 2 flags (hopefully more) and managed to stay at the top for so long without any priority picks, draft or salary cap concessions.

here here! :thumbsu:

Good point too, considering this team was built without any priority picks, just good management and drafting is in itself an achievement

Since when has winning sporadic premierships been known as a dynasty? All I seem to hear from footy "experts" when in reference to Geelong is about their supposed "dynasty".

It is in my expert opinion, that a dynasty requires a side to AT LEAST go back-to-back, not winning one premiership here, and one premiership there over a few seasons.

An example of a real dynasty would obviously be Brisbane 01-03. If we're talking about pure dynasties, even the worst two premiership sides of VFL/AFL history in Adelaide 97 and 98 will be remembered as a greater team than the current Geelong team in 20+ years from now. Why? Because they went back-to-back. No one will care about disjointed multiple premierships when we're all dead.

So unless Geelong win this year's grand final, they won't have a dynasty, and will be completely forgotten about in 20+ years time.

Mark my words, if Geelong don't win this year's grand final, Adelaide 97-98 will be remembered as a better side than Geelong 07-10, simply because they had a dynasty, a real dynasty.
1) Your argument stinks - look up sporadic in the Dictionary
2) Why should we take your expert opinion over other expert opinions ?
3) Under your logic a Team could play in 8 GF's in a row , winning every 2nd for 4 Flags and still not be considered a "dynasty"
Try again............

You'll probably be remembered as the Father/Son side of the naughties.

Melbourne team of the 50s and 60s was a dynasty. No other team even comes close. We've had "elite" teams (Hawthorn, Essendon, Brisbane, Geelong), but nothing that comes close to being a dynasty. A dynasty is something that is immune to problem; their players seemingly get better with age as opposed to decline, and they mesh in every single aspect, with no issues.

Geelong will be a different side in 3 years. Even closer if Ablett bolts.

And Port.

no, we may not be a dynasty yet, but let's be honest, geelong are going to win the next 3 or 4 flags because, hell, who's going to stop us?

a melbourne team with hack watts at chf?

brisbane with a midfield consisting of banfield redden and rockliff?

nope, we're not even half done yet

I'm still waiting on Brisbane's Dynasty.

2001-2003 was the AFL's dynasty.

Brisbane, now it's your turn without the silver spoon! :thumbsu:

Good luck. We've managed 3 GF's and 2 Flags.

How's life going without the hand that feed you? :)

Thought so...pretty shit huh? :D

I dub this thread the bipolar thread

1/2 are shitheads talking shit

1/2 are smarties making too much sense

Couldn't give a **** about dynasties or comparing A with B... I'm just loving the ride and it aint over yet... I'll crap on about '07 to, well, might even be '12 when I'm shitting my pj's in the nursing home (which probably isn't too far away ;)

I'm still waiting on Brisbane's Dynasty.

2001-2003 was the AFL's dynasty.

Brisbane, now it's your turn without the silver spoon! :thumbsu:

Good luck. We've managed 3 GF's and 2 Flags.

How's life going without the hand that feed you? :)

Thought so...pretty shit huh? :D
Like I said, there'll be no asterisks in the history books on the 01-03 premierships, people won't remember those things in the future, just like they won't remember Geelong being a good team because they haven't gone back to back. This could all change this year of course, but until then, you're just any other side thats won a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll probably be remembered as the Father/Son side of the naughties.
I was actually talking about the real world, not Bay 13. No one gives a shit what you and your fellow lowlifes think of Geelong. I've never even heard a single person outside Bay 13 complain that it benefited Geelong unfairly.

Are you complaining that West Coast got Cousins that way?

Like I said, there'll be no asterisks in the history books on the 01-03 premierships, people won't remember those things in the future, just like they won't remember Geelong being a good team because they haven't gone back to back. This could all change this year of course, but until then, you're just any other side thats won a flag.

sometimes you're funny, infrequently...

sometimes you're accurate, very infrequently...

but mostly... your mouth is a diarrhea factory.... like this time

I was actually talking about the real world, not Bay 13. No one gives a shit what you and your fellow lowlifes think of Geelong. I've never even heard a single person outside Bay 13 complain that it benefited Geelong unfairly.

What about J.Brown at Brisbane?

First of all *******, I wasn't complaining about it. Secondly, The AFL changed the rules because of it, the perception is there. Thirdly, you're in Bay 13.

Also, nice tanty.

This is a serious thread Bayer, no jokes here. My true thoughts were displayed in the OP. Back to your hole.

This is a serious thread Bayer, no jokes here. My true thoughts were displayed in the OP. Back to your hole.

Is that all you got?? :(

I do apologise for interrupting your scholarly discussion to show you how lacking in originality this thread is. :)

Is that all you got?? :(

I do apologise for interrupting your scholarly discussion to show you how lacking in originality this thread is. :)

In agreement of bayer and all hawks supporters, I would have thought 80/90's 8 GF's in 9 years, with 5 flags (correct me if I'm wrong Hawks supporters) would be the greatest dynasty of all time.

As for Lions Dung, well if i was a Lions supporter at the moment I'd be clutching at any attempted troll to deflect from the Pus side I barrack for.

And for the Cats fans, enjoy, cos we will probably end up doing a Hawks 80/90s as well.

Didn't read, got the jist from the first line or so. In the history books there'll be no asterisks, just 2001 - Brisbane 2002 - Brisbane 2003 - Brisbane. Just like in the history books it won't say 2008 - Hawthorn (Bradburied premiership, Geelong were the better team).

Win the 2010 premiership and you shall have your dynasty.

We might just take 2011 aswell just for you to give it a real kick:thumbsu:

Not sure what Geelong did to piss you off but i think you have to face some cold hard facts!

Probably worried people are starting to think of Geelong as up there with Brisbane as a good modern side. Worried some of the gloss of the Brisbane triple is coming off. They do seem a bit suss, looking back. It's one of those periods you just kind of blot out.

Probably worried people are starting to think of Geelong as up there with Brisbane as a good modern side. Worried some of the gloss of the Brisbane triple is coming off. They do seem a bit suss, looking back. It's one of those periods you just kind of blot out.
Pretty well this, cheered for the Hawks in 2008 like they were the Lions TBH. Even if you do win this year's GF and be 3 from 4 like we did, we still won 3 straight so we'd still be ahead. :thumbsu:

Pretty well this, cheered for the Hawks in 2008 like they were the Lions TBH. Even if you do win this year's GF and be 3 from 4 like we did, we still won 3 straight so we'd still be ahead. :thumbsu:

Mike Sheahan already called us the best side of the past 20 years. Not endorsing the bloke, but it's getting put out there.

But really, Brisbane are just a boring interstate side, we don't really consider you part of the proper competition. It's better for everyone that you've gone back to being shitkickers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong Dynasty - Dynasty? What Dynasty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back