GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Doggah....I have to correct some info' in your last statement...DD was drafted to Richmond....but as I understand he played one game against Brisbane in 1997...and after a less than influential game 1 kick, 2 handballs, 1 tackle...never played again...turns 33 this year too..Is he a bit past it?

Hey Doggah....I have to correct some info' in your last statement...DD was drafted to Richmond....but as I understand he played one game against Brisbane in 1997...and after a less than influential game 1 kick, 2 handballs, 1 tackle...never played again...turns 33 this year too..Is he a bit past it?

That's one more AFL game than most of us...

May only have played 1 AFL game but had a stellar career for one of the power clubs in arguably the best comp in victoria outside the VFL - Noble Park (EFL). His stats speak for themselves.

I would've thought that if he wanted to play, there would be 12 GFL clubs who would have him in a heartbeat regardless of age.

The GFL would stack up pretty well against the EFL??
'Stellar Career"...sounds like he has finished already..

heard him barking orders from the sidelines this year, just dribbling shit, in the same category as the Laurence Angwins of this world. To back that up, watched him as a TAC junior, went ok, but always had the FIGJAM about him. That's reality. Lara would be better off pushing the kids through.

Kristian Bucavaz and Nic Sutcliffe are pretty good recruits, 2 key position players and im sure Bucavaz will be much better than Hayden Graham who had a reasonable year but i think Bucavaz will prove to be a good get

Bucovaz will be a gun, was arguably Ammos best player last year along with Lindsay Smith. As for Sutcliffe, he might be good against a third tall, but still has a way to go imo

I have it on good authority that D.J.has narrowed it down to two clubs, Bell Park & Leopold

The talk was he was almost over the line at Newtown before accepting a coaching role with Geelong next year. Don't know how prominently these two clubs featured.

Just on the comp for next year, I got asked an interesting question today, who will be the improvers from outside the five - wasn't too sure. I said Newtown, but will Lara's recruits make them more competitive?

I reckon Lara will definitely jump up a few notches...Newtown, Grovedale and Leopold all hanging outside 5...Leopold will do it tough as the players aren't behind the coach...Newtown picked up some useful players lost a couple...coulde be very close to sneaking in...and Grovedale bit of a dark horse...new coach, Adam Donohue and afew others on their list...could be a threat too..

WGLFL is West Gippsland Latrobe Football League... Sale,Maffra,Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Leongatha,Wonthaggi, drouin, warragul. 9 club comp

I know a couple of blokes who play in that league(WGLFL)....Good hard league up that way BUT sorry pal doesnt compare to GFL....

Is killer and the big horseman still carving it up at maffra?

Killer is one of the best ive seen in country footy...tough

maybe with the fact that greaves has a job with the VIS he is trying to coach them at that level. i could see why people would not get behind it, its local footy after all..probably just trying to instil some more professionalism into the club..
I reckon Lara will definitely jump up a few notches...Newtown, Grovedale and Leopold all hanging outside 5...Leopold will do it tough as the players aren't behind the coach...Newtown picked up some useful players lost a couple...coulde be very close to sneaking in...and Grovedale bit of a dark horse...new coach, Adam Donohue and afew others on their list...could be a threat too..

Yeah Commo..I applaud Greavesy for attempting to raise the bar in terms of depth of coaching....but from what I've heard he doesn't have the connection with many of the players to 'get it through'...and as a result it gets lost...

david johnson has made his decision.

he will be working with geelong in player welfare and development and will also be the matchday runner which will leave only 4 to 6 games that he is available to play locally. he will be playing these games for a ridiculous amount of money for st marys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe with the fact that greaves has a job with the VIS he is trying to coach them at that level. i could see why people would not get behind it, its local footy after all..probably just trying to instil some more professionalism into the club..

Sam Bourke from leopold has gone to lorne, for more money than what his worth i might add.
word out of leopold is that there training reigme is radiculous and that Greaves has no repour with the kids, thats why so many of them are going to newcomb, thomson these sorts of places. they have also lost jason tom to i think torquay.

Once again, it's all starting to fall apart at Leopold. Tom is a massive loss; a great young player. Have they signed any notables for the coming season? It was always going to be a roll of the dice with Greaves. Wasn't thought of very highly when he left Joeys and from an outsiders perspective, he has always had half of his gaze fixed firmly on higher coaching honours.

Sam Bourke from leopold has gone to lorne, for more money than what his worth i might add.
word out of leopold is that there training reigme is radiculous and that Greaves has no repour with the kids, thats why so many of them are going to newcomb, thomson these sorts of places. they have also lost jason tom to i think torquay.

How much $ for Bourke? I have heard from $400 all the way up to $750 + fuel money.

That amount of money for Sam bourke is ridicuous...he's a one way player..has a gift of speed..extreme speed...but once the ball turns over..its all over....he's really done nothing in the GFL except for the odd dash....
Can anyone confirm if andrew Wesley has signed with Grovedale?..I think he's the guy who picked up 45 possessions in the BFL granny a couple of years ago??

..but does the bigger cheque book make the better team Beaublazer??

Definitely not. A group of blokes playing for each other will always beat a group playing for themselves...... BFL Grand Final this year perfect example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back